How can i get more traffic for my hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)
  1. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
    TheRaptorClawposted 13 years ago

Ok, so i really want to know how i can get more traffic to my hubs. I know i have to write a hub people want to read and yes i take part in the hub community but i am pretty new to this. What websites do you people use to attract traffic? Please help!

1. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are 2 types of traffic

1. From HubPages Community

You can do that by writing, comments to other hubs, participating forums, Q&As and link to other hubs.

2. From outside HP

Put on Facebook, Twitter, Other social media, Blog posts, leave comments on other blogs with your hubs as a linkback.

It is long process but works.

1. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
        TheRaptorClawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks but i got number 1 down. It's your second answer that i am looking for. What websites do you people use aside from Facebook and Twitter and StumbleUpon?

1. 6stringmethod profile image60
          6stringmethodposted 13 years agoin reply to this

linkedin.com is a great place too..just find the groups that relate to your topics and of course use the same methods as in any other community/social media sites. Post comments and participate in forums and other sources as much as possible.

2. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go to the learning center and read this up .. covers the whole subject

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/cate … g-traffic/

3. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does that mean that nothing listed in your hubs on making money online works for you?

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol don't tell it misha, he will be disheartened. Newbies think that writing on "how to make money" topic can bring them more earning and followers. its not a sin. sad

I wrote a hub on "keyword development and placement for your website" that I myself don't understand well yet lol lol [the website part] though I understand keyword research far better than earlier now.

4. profile image57
      rieomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As a new hubber, I learned from this question.  Thanks everyone.

2. steffer profile image60
    stefferposted 13 years ago

Pinging your hubs, might also help out, i do it all the time.
    many people think it's only for blogs, but it works for hubs.

every time you made a new hub, you have the chance to advertise your hub trough facebookl or twitter, do this!

it will not always bring you traffic, but it is a fast and free way.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks, steffer.  I just discovered ping and I was wondering if it works for hubs too.  I haven't seen any changes yet in the hubs I had pinged, but I'll continue pinging.  Every little thing helps

3. Valeed profile image70
    Valeedposted 13 years ago

Hi! welcome to HP smile
    I have seen your hubs and they are very well written. I know you have asked a question about how to increase traffic using other sites. But I will not be answering about that as it has been answered. The only thing I will do is that I will suggest you to  consider writting longer hubs and with headings that are highlighted. I have noticed that you have not entered your headings in bold characters which makes it hard for the reader to notice them.
    To improve on your HP score consider suggesting links after you have published your hub. You can do that right now also.
    wish you all the best smile Happy Hubbing!

4. Sneha Sunny profile image86
    Sneha Sunnyposted 13 years ago

you can post the links of your hub to your friend's, family member and to all known person to their email address....
    you can also add the links to your facebook and twitter account..........

1. Teddletonmr profile image69
      Teddletonmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good keywords, content and your unique point of view...Check out the share button at the bottom of your hubs. I hope this helps, make it great day, happy new year and have a Merry Christmas.

5. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

simply do better keyword and niche research > post fresh and quality hub that has 600 words at least and wait until your hubs get matured.

6. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

HubPages is built to be a "hub".  To get more traffic, three items must be directed to your Hub:

1.) Internal HP - comments, forum
    2.) Social - Facebook, Twitter, etc...
    3.) External writing sites - EZine, SheToldMeSo, Ehow, etc...

Writing on Hub Pages is demanding but the reward both in the conversations and learning you will have and the possible income are achievable IF you are tenacious. 

It is not a quick win.  You must work at it consistently.

7. zuky123 profile image58
    zuky123posted 13 years ago
  8. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I don't believe nobody has mentioned search engine traffic here?

Search engine traffic is 100% what you should be aiming to achieve.  Social media doesn't do much for that, Hubpages traffic doesn't convert well. These are Marketing Techniques, and while they can work, you actually need something to 'market' for it to be really beneficial.

You should be writing on external sites such as article base, eZine articles and This is Freelance to procure backlinks to your hubs, but this is to help your overall SEO, not so much for traffic.

1. nell79 profile image78
      nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the part I've got to work on sad

9. Don Simkovich profile image59
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

Good point, thissoli and the answers are useful, too. My advice is to look for 3 to 5 blogs or websites that relate to your Hubs and then participate in those sites by leaving comments using your Hub as a url.
    I write about business topics which are highly competitive. I've done this on occasion but I'm going to do more for some of my underperforming Hubs and then I'm going to make an effort to stay involved in those sites so I'm really participating and not spamming. Of course, you could do more than 3 to 5 but I don't think most people would have time to participate in 7 to 10 sites.

10. iceangel profile image60
    iceangelposted 13 years ago

commenting on other peoples hubs,blog post and website will help.
    also visit www.google.com/addurl
    trafficg.com/?member=iceangel register there and your on for great traffic to your hubs.

Also sharing and tweeting of your latest and older hubs on facebook and twitter will help you a lot.Another wonderful way is my creating backlinks to your hubs will really go along way.

Hope you found this useful.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks iceangel, this is helpful for me too.

11. DonnaWallace profile image61
    DonnaWallaceposted 13 years ago

These are all great ideas. Thank you for the valuable tips! I'm also trying to increase my traffic, and your ideas are going to be very helpful.

12. shimmering Dawn profile image70
    shimmering Dawnposted 13 years ago

I have learnt a few things from here thanks.

13. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages!  I have been here two months and I am still learning.  Thanks for your question.. I've learned a few things from the comments here too.

14. dandan594 profile image61
    dandan594posted 13 years ago

I wrote a hub on this subjects that you may find very useful - <a href="http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Build-Natural-Free-Website-Traffic-And-Visitors">Here</a>

15. elayne001 profile image78
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

redgage.com, shewrites.com, advice.com are just a few, but I understand there are do follow sites that are the best - look for those...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)