Google+

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

It looks to me like Google+ a great new social networking tool. It is important that we all utilize it and also use the +1 feature. So join up and start networking and adding friends!

It seems I will use Facebook as a tool to keep in contact with my friends at this point. I will be using Google+ as my new Twitter.

I would recommend everyone getting one of these accounts and amassing friends and followers.

Here is my account, please be sure to contact me and I will follow you back.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/117880805638343336274/posts

Please share your account here as well.

1. net4gains profile image60
      net4gainsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Google+ is much better social networking offering by Google than its earlier efforts. Groups is one major feature that I like.

Here is my account URL
      https://profiles.google.com/100743832702709340869

2. shwetha123 profile image60
      shwetha123posted 12 years agoin reply to this
  2. carpesomediem profile image59
    carpesomediemposted 12 years ago
  3. Sally's Trove profile image77
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

Oh boy, this is going to look like a stupid question (my mother always told me there are no stupid questions)...so here goes...

How do you "join up"?

I spent about an hour today in my Google account, updating a profile pic, reading stuff about +1, and looking at Google groups.

Meanwhile a friend of mine posted to fb that she is now "on Google+" and asked me to join, contact her, and follow her back. But I have no idea what she's talking about.

HELP!

4. carpesomediem profile image59
    carpesomediemposted 12 years ago

You have to be invited either by Google or by a friend who already is on Google+.  If you visit Google.com/+ you can sign up to possibly get an invite, but the quickest way is to reach out to friends already on and have them e-mail you an invite.

1. Sally's Trove profile image77
      Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So this friend should have provided a link to her Google+ thingy?

1. carpesomediem profile image59
        carpesomediemposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your friend needs to e-mail you an invite.  She can do this from her Google+ account when logged in.  Ask her to send you an invite.

TY

5. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Yeah it looks pretty cool and I like those friend circle things but I don't think it'll compete with Facebook.

Mikeydoesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like it better, and you may be underestimating it. Right now, yeah I'd say Facebook does have the edge. But I haven't been home to try and build followers/friends and really try it out, so I could be wrong. Been really busy with work.

Seeing as we rely on Google so heavily, it seems like it would be a good idea to use their Social Network.If we all join and +1 each others stuff it will improve our earnings for sure.

Please post your accounts here!

I ran into a young Facebook friend in the grocery store today and asked if he's on Google+. When he said no, I asked if he'd like an invite. "No," he said, "I've got enough going on with FB." I'm thinking that unless you've already entwined your online life with other Google applications, Google+ isn't all that attractive. It's going to take time to catch on.

Mikeydoesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I have about 5 friends at the moment and have spent 10 minutes on it. I see a lot of potential in it, but it isn't anything new or innovative..

2. Sally's Trove profile image77

I like the circle things, too. I don't think FB has an easy way to categorize the people in your FB world? I like the idea that I can choose a "feed" that contains posts of only friends or family or business or whatever. And I especially like the "whatever", because the category names you choose are not revealed to anyone.

6. Marisa Wright profile image83
    Marisa Wrightposted 12 years ago

I've had a few invites, but the site is saying they've exceeded their quota and aren't taking any more sign-ups.

That's really interesting. Maybe Google didn't plan for such huge initial interest.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some are accepted, some not.  This has been ongoing for at least a week now.  At the time I was accepted others were getting the same refusal notice.  Obviously, google is using a certain criteria in accepting new applicants.  Who knows what they are about?smile

Maybe they are scraping Facebook to pluck off only the most valuable fb social networkers. Like you say, who knows?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
            Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If so, they wouldn't have chose me, as I spend little time on FB. smile

2. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had the refusal notice but I still managed to find my way in past that email message, keep looking, I think thats just for people without invites

1. Marisa Wright profile image83
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I clicked on the link in the invite and the message I got was something like "you've arrived here because a friend has invited you, regrettably we are not currently accepting...." (or words to that effect).

1. Richieb799 profile image76
          Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure I had exactly the same in my email but I kept poking around in my Google account and it said 'set-up' profile somewhere

7. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Shame HP hasn't embraced the G button yet lol

1. profile image0
      writeronlineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't be so hard on HP, Richie. They've been busy developing their sub-domain strategy; so we can all find the G-spot!     

Anyone experienced any orgasmic results yet...?

8. Uninvited Writer profile image77
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I like the fact that you can edit posts, no more embarrassing  typos.  Also like the circles.

9. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 12 years ago

I am here:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/111633725541752229957

For those that follow me, let me know as I get several follows a day... send me a note saying you're from HubPages and I'll follow you back and put you in my HubPages circle. I will share my HubPages circle so you can find new hubbers to follow (and be followed.)

10. ictguy profile image59
    ictguyposted 12 years ago

Would you like to add me in your Google+ circle?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107084541598108499365/posts

11. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Interesting that this should pop up for me today.  I just set up my Google+ account last night.  My profile is https://plus.google.com/110392803506124846777

12. IJR112 profile image59
    IJR112posted 12 years ago

I like the concept of google+, but no one I know is actually using it.  People did at first, but then just sort of gave up.  I guess there are too many social networking sites to keep with to justify adding yet another.

13. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 12 years ago

I believe there is great potential in Google +.  There is also huge applications for the hangouts.  + seems to have lots of room for additions and expansion.  Facebook, I believe, has about reached it's height of ability.
    https://plus.google.com/114727147086786561963

14. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

I just started a GmaGoldie profile - Google may not like me because it is my real name. Uncertain about this multiple identity  and the rules of Google +
    https://plus.google.com/116668272735331539149/posts

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)