jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

Anyone on Google +?

1. nakmeister profile image80
    nakmeisterposted 6 years ago

Google + (or Google Plus) is still in it's infancy but I think it could be going somewhere - 20 million + users in the first 3 weeks, when it is still invite only and Google hasn't rolled out its inevitably massive advertising campaign yet. I was just wondering if many hubbers are on Google +. Are you just dipping your toe in the water, or working hard at establishing a presence on there to ultimately drive traffic to your hubs/websites?

If anyone wants an invite btw just give me a shout (I noticed I'm not the first to mention, but thought I'd offer anyway).

1. corbycat profile image60
      corbycatposted 6 years agoin reply to this

can u invite me pweeeeeeeeeesssssss...smile chikorimasou@gmail.com i hope you do @_@

2. JiveTalkinRobot profile image58
      JiveTalkinRobotposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Dipping my toe - waiting for it to take off and get more features.  Right now it feels lacking.

3. Stone Gifts profile image58
      Stone Giftsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'll appreciate if you invite me, I'm curious to look into it....
      polandrey@mail.ru

1. AtomicLuLu profile image60
        AtomicLuLuposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I will be writing articles soon past some beta testing and POV for the additional extensions G+ will be releasing. I am very excited about this new tool and hope to continue to build the momentum for all of my friends and clients.

People are hearing so much about it being a Facebook Killer they are not realizing the impact this new functionality can have on search social and more.

4. Richieb799 profile image78
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago

I'm on there guys big_smile

5. nakmeister profile image80
      nakmeisterposted 6 years ago

Invite sent.

6. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

Thanks but no interest to join at this time.

7. WriteAngled profile image82
      WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

YYYYYYAAAAWWWNNNN more time-wasting social media boredom?

1. Jean Bakula profile image99
        Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was only me. I have spent lots of time "networking" on other sites. It has resulted in hours of wasted time, and maybe 5 people from one particular book readers site that drew a few people to read book reviews I did. I was already spending so many hrs. on HP, I don't want to live my whole life online. I did see on Linked In that 90% of people on Google + are men. I'm thinking about it.

2. Mikeydoes profile image76
        Mikeydoesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you want to make more money on Hubpages, it won't hurt.

In fact it is way better than all the other Social Networks that I am apart of.

Here are some other people that joined, add your Google+ account here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/79006?p … ost1711932

8. Info Bucket profile image71
      Info Bucketposted 6 years ago

Plz invite me..... samirvilayil@gmail.com

9. corbycat profile image60
      corbycatposted 6 years ago

THANK YOU !!!! just got your invitation today smile God bless!

1. tamarindcandy profile image59
        tamarindcandyposted 6 years ago

I really do like it a lot, as a social network. Far better than facebook.

1. Richieb799 profile image78
          Richieb799posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure, feels like the 'Virgin cola' of social networks, Google trying to take on what Facebook have already dominated. Google are doing a Richard Branson and trying to take a percentage of a particular market.

2. trecords0 profile image60
        trecords0posted 6 years ago

I use it and I do get some traffic from it.  Forget Twit and FB, nothing ever comes from them.  Right now Google + seems pure, like FB used to feel.  It's nice.

3. Lisa HW profile image74
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I'm on Google+, but I don't even really know why  lol.  Originally, I'd run into the thing to "create one, big, author profile in Google".  I didn't think/know the profile would end up having Google+ added to it.  So, thinking that creating the author profile was a wise idea these days, I did that.  A couple of months later I woke up to discover I had a whole Google+ account without even knowing it would show up.  lol

So, I have it but don't plan to do much with it.  I did create a circle for "folks and friends from HubPages" (because that seemed like a good thing to do).  Other than that, I don't see myself doing anything much on there.  The only real "Internet socializing" I ever do is coming to the forums, here.  BUT, I guess it's good to know the + account is there if I ever want/need it for any reason.

4. Stacie L profile image87
        Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I signed up but I'm not seeing any benefit yet...

working