Sickness and religion!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (68 posts)
  1. Sky9106 profile image65
    Sky9106posted 12 years ago

So as not to be misquoted , or misunderstood, because I won't want to hear someone from any facet in society, go on to say, why it was not the other way around?
    So this question is being address to everyone. The Christians, Atheist and all the others kinds of believers or non believers that may exist.

If your children becomes gravely ill, by this deadly strain of bacteria, which has already killed millions of people, no cure .

Suddenly one day the news came around on TV, that there is a cure, that's being administered in the other sides place of worship, or the other sides meeting place.

Would you then go ahead and take you children to this place, knowing about the differences?

Bless.

1. rlaha profile image60
      rlahaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course I would! I would want my children to be as healthy and as happy as they can be (if I had any) so I would go anywhere to get them that help.  Thanks for asking!

Sky9106posted 12 years agoin reply to this

So are so everything good !Always a smile when I see my favorite pic. Thanks for not changing it.
        I did not see you at my other post that caused a great stir , so this was a type of what I got from it , because mankind and women kind are all brothers and sisters , and I have watched  people all my life and , wqhat I saw after reading , the words I won't use here , but there are lots of people who have such a long way to go,before dying. And they must.
        One of my life long heroes Bob Marley, he said in one of his songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPetP9sj … ature=fvsr

I know you will do the right thing for your children , because you are one who does the right thing for yourself. That's what you pass down to kids , doing the right thing.
        Thanks riaha.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Since when do believers want anything to do with what science can offer them?

Don't they have Jesus to save them? Can't they just pray to be cured?

Why should science help them?

I would suspect any place of worship would have believers cheering considering the death of everyone is exactly what their waiting for. Rapture.

1. Eric Newland profile image60
        Eric Newlandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You do know that only a tiny fraction of Christians are "faith healers," i.e. reject any form of medical intervention, right? And that most of the rest would agree that they're crazy?

Why am I even bothering to ask this? hmm

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

True, but the overwhelming response from the majority of Christians here is to despise/deny anything scientific, especially if it has the potential to corrupt their sacred beliefs.

1. profile image0
            JaxsonRaineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You confuse science with... whatever it is you think supports what you know as 'fact'.

Can you show me one scientific fact that contradicts my religious beliefs?

All of them contradict your religious beliefs because they all are associated with describing nature, not the supernatural, which is little more than magic.

1. profile image0

Nope. That's false. Want to see an example?

My religion teaches about stars, that they have orbits, and that time is different on each one.

Do you know what science has discovered in the last 50 years or so? Time is different depending on speed and gravity. The center of our galaxy is a dense cluster of stars orbiting a central mass. Both of those beliefs line up with science.

So, show me one scientific fact that contradicts my beliefs.

lol Where does it say that?

1. profile image0
        2. Sky9106 profile image65

All earth needs is a shake up , a wake up to jolt man back to his senses, but I won't wish this on my worst enemy, because who needs enemies .

Man is a feeble crying life form , who is able to change his reaction to pain , but he chooses to cry.. God won't do no evil thing to same mankind he created , but like with any parent when their child has reached a certain age and standard , when they feel they are bigger than their own parents ,

I have seen this over  a million times.. He gave you the right,  just like a great parent , and you can leave to face life on your own, but if  he can  accomplish what he set out to do, he will usually live with great  remorse, because of his prior ignorance.
          Mankind is supposed to be a tree, forever paying attention to his source, just like one big family.
          But they love to hurt so they can learn for the next time , but when that pain wares out , there they go again.
          So it's probably time for man to know , be reminded who his creator is.

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Most people will go despite their religious affiliation except if that particular affiliation makes it diffcult as in the pastor actually forbading you to go..

Remember most people fits into an already established form of belief which they adopt as their own, so they will feel no way obligated to it as if they themselves have formed it...

If they feel it is at odds with what they believe to be true and right they would leave it behind and move on.

Great answer Kess appreciate this.

Bless.

4. Dreaver Endus profile image60
      Dreaver Endusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel that the idea of religion to be a dividing force in mankind to be a ridiculous facet of your society. Religion is supposed to spread love to all yet everyone seems to feel that they are on a side. That they are against each other through Religion. The idea that a religion would keep medicine from others, or that you would have to "change sides" to acquire the medicine is an insult to any "God" that you may follow. It's also an insult to mankind overall, yet still, I understand that this is the prevalent behavior toward each other these days.

A great question sir, and to answer you, for my child I would obtain the medicine by any means necessary. I'm not bound to a Religion that asks for your faith in a manner that would be affected by going to another religious faction for help.

Awesome!

I doi think that you truly understand the question . Because I do hope also that you caught a glimpse of where the question stemmed from,. If you like you can easily take a look at it so here it is :

Are some people truly dumb, or we not wise enough to understand them?

So based on the mannerisms and what was said , you may observes for yourself . I wanted to know , it that hostility would roll over if their lives depends on it!

After what we have grown to see and read about , I did not think such were still so open , only short of ?

That for you caring answer , because I don't want to believe a parent would rather say to their children they are believers of non believers. 

Bless.

5. getitrite profile image69
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All this BS to try to establish your mindless beliefs as valid...or on par with science.
      What a load!

Science has always provided the cures for diseases, while prayer has proven to be completely ineffective.  It is apparent that believers are already looking to science to cure their ills, while pretending that their ridiculous beliefs are superior.  Just go ahead and bite the hand.  How senseless.

Where did even the possibility of science come from? What was there first Sense or the science book ? Where are all the diseases coming from.
        Stop for a second , let me know if you are angry and if you are lets get rid of the anger first , why know some that's nowt good for you but indulge any way, anger breeds more anger.
        Let's deal with what's urgent first.

1. getitrite profile image69

I suppose you are fishing for a nonsensical "god done it" answer.

Have you ever heard of a branch of science called Biology?  You should really study it.

I am angry at your beliefs, because they are absurd.  Yet people persist in spouting them as some kind of ultimate truth.  Until you become honest about your archaic, primitive, false beliefs, you will always breed conflict.

So you have answered the question, but still upset at me because of my belief, so I am to bow down and believe yours . What a world,
            When you are not angry and you will listen to what I say as I do you and you are not trying to predict what I am going to say . I am out!
            Even believers must know when to roll them and when to fold.

2. KellyPittman profile image79
            KellyPittmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

getitrite - It is YOUR CHOICE to READ and Comment.  No one is spouting out their beliefs AT YOU. 

I am guessing that at some point in your life some religious person or group has angered you.  Maybe something has happened that has, for YOU, confirmed there is no GOD.  I am sorry for what others may have done or how they acted toward you.  But do you think it's fair to attack strangers online just because they state they are believers?  It angers you so much, yet no one is personally attacking you.  No one here (at least on this thread) has replied in the same negative tone, yet you continuously name call and riducle people just for stating who are what they are even if they tell you that despite your harsh tones, they will love you and pray for you.   

It is your right and your choice to choose to believe or NOT believe in what you may. As it is ours.  Please, please, respect that.  Tone down your arguments just a tad, please.  Your anger is heard loud and clear. 

I hope that you find peace in SOMETHING in your life.  I hope the best for you even if it is NOT what I believe or choose to accept in my own life. 

With love and a sincere heart, Kelly

1. getitrite profile image69

It's not religious goups, per se, but the beliefs themselves. Your beliefs are insulting to our intelligence everyday.

Please stop trying to reduce me to a victim.  Seems diversionary.  Your beliefs are constantly attacking the intelligence of all honest critical thinkers, yet you assumed I'm merely angry at a religious group from my past.   

It's hard to tell someone that their beliefs are absurd without them taking offense.  I mean, all the religious beliefs I've witnessed so far have been absurd. I am simply shocked that otherwise intelligent adults have been so thoroughly tricked.

I certainly have not infringed upon anyone's civil rights to choose as they please.  You have the right to believe just what you want to believe.  I also have the right to free expression, and that includes giving a rebuttal to your beliefs.

Ditto!

Ditto!

Hi Kelly I applaud your efforts to shed a little more light on the situation. I will share a joke from my very early childhood with you.
              My dad , a wise as he was , as always loving as he was with me , he uses to make these jokes with me that I can remember so clearly to this day.
              He would bring my favorite ice cream, as soon as I settle in to enjoy , he would lean over and take my ice cream asking for s bite, and he held it quite long. I was about  three years old,  and each time I will throw a tantrum. Now remember who bought it for me , and who I will have to ask for one , the next time I need ?
              Many times people take their parents for granted  and I truly believe that's what happening in these times . People are actually taking the Most High God for granted. They need to see what he can do , when it will already be too late. Like me and my dad a sincerely true story.
              Bless.

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

But it will never, ever happen.

So no, because I'd know better.

Great to see you too Sir .
      Now while watching carefully what I write , I guess you saw some improvement from everything else you saw so far so I tap myself ion the back thank you!

What do you mean it will never happen ? somebody will have the cure  for that which is about to to reappear , because all your high and mighty scientist say it would , and they also say , that they think it  either came from extra terrestrials or it's been here from the last experiment they did on up eons ago and never died.
      No cure now , they will do what they do best , let us pray, and someone would have something.

3. momster profile image61
    momsterposted 12 years ago

Thats a good question. Really pound my head for the answer on that.

Yes and No

Yes - As a mother I would give my life for my child. I am their protector
    and would want the best for them. I was raised that all men are equal.
    That includes religion, race, and so forth.

No - I dont trust the government or any company working with the government to have a cure. They have lied about to many things and alot
    of people have died thru those lies.

Bless. I think this answer will go down through this thread  and watched at gingerly . It's a great answer, and both A and B strikes great chords, although I am a sucker a good one for my beautiful mother and all other mothers .
      I that makes my now wish you Gods mercies and true blessings.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I don't harbor any animosity toward any religiuos persuasion, or lack thereof. Just tell me when and where, and we'll be there. smile

That's the spirit of a true humankind. I applaud you sincerely.

Bless.

5. Gaizy profile image72
    Gaizyposted 12 years ago

As an atheist, yes I would go to wherever the cure was being dispensed. Why would the beliefs of the dispensors come into the equasion? I don't believe in Santa Clause, but I take my kids to his grotto every xmas,

I will let you know why the question , the treatment I got from some athiest , but I cannot say like your self because you may be the answer I do see people based on the content of the character.
      Maybe you saw my last thread, where  not one address to the question , but to me and my ability to to grammatically correct first .
      So am wondering if the opposite of myself who hate those who may have tried to hurt them religion or no religion it won't be a favorable out come.
      I will love to hear your answer , because your answer sound in line with the obviously intelligent atheist I met who live and let live without looking for useless fights..

Bless.

1. Gaizy profile image72
        Gaizyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Most atheists only get defensive when people try to force their beliefs on them. Many believers act as if their beliefs were fact, instead of only a belief, and try to "convert" non-believers. Worse still, some insist that their countries should be governed by their belief-system, which would of course force non-believers to obey the rules of that particular religion. I think this is what scares atheists and makes them defensive. - As you say "Live and let live"

1. momster profile image61
          momsterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think that was well put Gaizy. I believe in God but am respectful to others and their beliefs. A country should not have to be run by one certain belief. America is suppose to be a free country including beliefs. Even tho it was founded upon christanity it should not be forced upon others. In our country tho some people are fighting to have In God we trust taken off the money but I dont think we should. Why fix something thats not broke and really never has been a problem before. Yes some are offended by it but they spend the money the same way if it wasnt on there. Lots of views and interesting opinions upon many topics help with learning new things but some people being pushy about some stuff just wastes life that could be spent living. People always trying to fix things that are not broken.

Thanks for your answer.  But as you can see the perfect example here . I had now even raised a straw , just asked a question, and there you go! As you can look at the above question and use tour intelligence.. So in a way like any society , lets say a certain type of people carry any contagious disease , unless prepared , the human would not readily open his doors.
          So I have met top class atheist , the place NYC, and the experience is by far superior. But still my motto , one bad apple don't spoil the entire bunch.

Anyone can see the useless attacks above , and wonder what manner of human.
          Hatred is a far worse disease than the plague.
          Give Thanks and praises to the Most High God. Who teaches love and compassion even to those who as it, is knows very little but if it breathes hated for others can't be good seems to be provoking death , because war and hatred brings death.
          Listen to your heart , see if it's normal for a heart to live in constant turmoil.
          Bless.

6. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 12 years ago

I'm with Emile.  Religion shouldn't play a role in deciding whether or not you want a cure for anything.  Your faith, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with a true medical cure.  If you have faith you will believe that is what led you to the cure.  As for denying science, I think that takes a true fanatic.  We are all in this world together created by one God or Supreme Being or Great Spirit, whatever you choose to call it.  Help comes in many forms and only a fool denies it.

Thanks for a brilliant answer tillsontitan, this is the reason why I can close my eyes and know where to find a beautiful people hub, regardless of your educational background , skin color or religious background . It's all are welcome with respect for your human brother and sister.
      How can someone believe in nothing, will forever beat me  , but I still believe it's your rigfht, the jail was not built for animals, and it's a shame that humans have to live behind bars, but look around.
      You don't need anything but the beauty that is your life , to let you know something is wrong. Can it possibly be standing up for nothing!

As this great lady said ,call this great whatever you choose to call it but please wake up and realize that when mankind can no longer live with himself because of where one may come from .We are in a bad way.

Thanks till.

7. rasta1 profile image71
    rasta1posted 12 years ago

This is a good question Sky. Would an atheist go to a pastor that has a track record of healing. When the healing works, then the atheist would be in conflict.

In Jamaica other conflicts occur. There are different spiritual movements. I have seen Christians consult sorcerers that have a track record of healing. The sorcerers will require the client to renounce their faith first. Personally, I would not do it.

Another conflict is worshiping the money GOD. People sometimes have to lower their moral in order to get the money which can buy the cure. This seems to be the trend.

Another example, If you needed a kidney and was approach buy an organ reaper, who told you that he could source a kidney for $200,000. Would you take the deal, not knowing where He is sourcing it from.

This is exactly where I got the question from. I know that they will because they are not truthful human beings. Judging from my most recent experience, this question came.

You just want to kill me , and how could you , or why should I let you came and hug me , The Most High God never said to be foolish .
      Should I simply see the lion , know of its repetition and walk up to the Lion and say come lie e came.
      Wisdom teaches I an Food!

Rastsa I told you that I know you run deep and sometimes it feels , like we are running out of time .
      People are simply seeking answers, in the way they were trained.

I know a lot of the practices of the forves of Evil.

8. KellyPittman profile image79
    KellyPittmanposted 12 years ago

Yes I would unless I was required to denounce my faith. 

That being said, If I were the one who held the cure I would not deny that to anyone no matter their beliefs or 'side' as you say. 

Now there's a question for humanity.....  If YOU Held the cure, would you deny it to anyone or group?

Hi kelly , You got it all correct and I can even see you posting that question , Why I posted the question that way is because I posted a Question prior and some atheist decided to show all kinds of disrespect ,without even answering the question.
      My mind as it always do , went into to overdrive , Not because I always Use Gods name , they have a right to attack,I have been around those head atheist in NY , and they respect people , as every man should. You should take a look , who cares about how someone speaks or where they are from ? The content of their character. That's what matters most , if they come in peace who are the ones fighting , about anything!
      So because of this I felt the need to ask them this question.

Bless.

9. Gaizy profile image72
    Gaizyposted 12 years ago

@ jaxsonRaine I don't know about your particular religion, but most religions have some sort of supreme being in charge, and claim that we/our souls/our spirits etc. go on to somewhere else when we die - I don't think that any of this is supported by science. I've certainly never seen any peer-reviewed articles claiming this to be true.

1. profile image0

There is a difference between being supported by science, and being contradicted by science. This line of thinking would only be valid if science had discovered everything that there was to discover.

As an example, in another thread, someone pointed out that the Book of Mormon(one of the books I believe is inspired) mentions iron in the Americas, but that iron wasn't used at that time. I pointed out that it wasn't mentioned in the sense of being smelted, but that it is mentioned along with luxury items like gold and silver. I then posted a link to a discovery of iron beads from as early as 1000B.C. in the Americas.

Before that discovery was made, you could say the idea wasn't supported, but that didn't mean it wasn't true. Close-mindedness is crippling to advancement.

I'm asking for Troubled to point out one of my beliefs that is contradicted by science.

That is a logical fallacy. Making claims that a star exists that is allegedly "nearest unto the throne of God... and the name of the great one is Kolob" has nothing to do with what science has yet to discover.

lol

1. profile image0

Really? How do you know what science has yet to discover? We possibly stand on the brink of the discovery of different dimensions, faster-than-light travel, and new forms of matter and energy, but you know better?

Exactly. You can't.

And, the discovery of Kolob, right next to your god. lol

2. Gaizy profile image72

According to the wikipedea explanation of the Mormon faith, - "This would appear to include planets as among the "stars",[15] and apparently, the earth itself as considered to be among these "stars". - I'm guessing that science CAN contradict the notion that Earth is a sun. And while science can't definitely disprove that there is a throne floating about in space, neither can it disprove that Mickey Mouse shares the same orbit!  If the evidence for the throne is the same as for Mickey Mouse, then it's pretty poor evidence.
        P,S. (this is probably only funny to Brits), but Kolob, spelt backward is Bolok (coincidence?) wink

1. profile image0

This is the verse that Wikipedia uses to say Abraham refers to the Earth as a star:

"And the Lord said unto me: These are the governing ones; and the name of the great one is aKolob, because it is near unto me, for I am the Lord thy God: I have set this one to govern all those which belong to the same order as that upon which thou standest."

The reasoning is the phrase 'the same order', but that is just one possible interpretation, and the least sensible to me. In my mind, 'the same order' would refer to a grouping, such as a galaxy. It clearly doesn't refer to the Earth explicitly as a star, nor does it explicitly refer to Kolob as a planet. Wikipedia isn't doing a great job on that article, unfortunately.

1. Gaizy profile image72

But the throne is there though...?

1. profile image0

Near there.

There is also the possibility that the entire chapter is meant to be taken figuratively, speaking of Christ. I'm not really decided either way.

1. profile image0
                brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and now you know why canon is complete smile

1. profile image0

What are you referring to?

1. profile image0
                    brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Everything above my post in this thread.

10. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

Emile,
    I agree in part.
    Neither religion should play a role in the health of a child -or an adult either.
    By neither religion, you know my implication : equation (science) and sensation (religion).

It can be said, because of both, some were cured and certainly because of both that billions upon billions have died needlessly, to justify the 'belief system' behind them both. Still, the effect does not justify the cause. In actuality it only amplifies the resounding failure of them both. 

Humanism, may it rest in peace -or a trillion pieces, buried beneath the surface of the hottest star, forever. smile

James.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know I'll always be your fan, but am I reading you right? You are advocating  not using medicine? How would you approach an outbreak of disease as outlined in the OP? I'm interested.

1. jacharless profile image74
        jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, goodness no.
        Me? I prefer neither to advocate or protest.
        I prefer prevention.

But, I do point out how the balance of healing from both religions and the deaths/sicknesses, etc because of them is 1 to 100 Million against them both.
        And the only reason I chimed.in was to level the field of argument between the sides. The advocates/protesters of both would be grossly misinformed, if either claimed greater success @ healing -or greater success @ failing to heal, for the hope of knowing how-to, in some distant future.

James

ps, how have you been. sorry for my long absence, been busy as a beav. big_smile

11. phillippeengel profile image83
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

What does sickness got to do with religion? Sickness determines the wellbeing of yourself, but religion, when weighing both of their feasibilities, is much less important than health. Health gives you life in order to have a religion.

Why I posted this question that way, is because I posted a Question prior and some atheist decided to show all kinds of disrespect ,without even answering the question.
      My mind as it always do , went into to overdrive , Not because I always Use Gods name , they have a right to attack,I have been around those head atheist in NY , and they respect people , as every man should. You should take a look , who cares about how someone speaks or where they are from ? The content of their character. That's what matters most , if they come in peace who are the ones fighting , about anything!
      So because of this I felt the need to ask them this question.

12. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

In that scenario as in all scenarios we are instructed to pray about the situation and wait for clear direction from God.

Just because it is life threatening or debilitating is not a reason to just run to any earthly solution. Being in God's care means that things happen for a reason. Often our meddling in situations by our own understanding, miss the point that God desires.

There are examples of people taking events into their own hands and then abiding by the repercussions after.
    Abraham and Hagar.
    Jacob and Rachael.

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
      Captain Redbeardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good hearing your thoughts brother, I agree. Man's intervention can often bring folly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)