I want to know how making money on Hub works ?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Capedium profile image71
    Capediumposted 12 years ago

Initially, all I cared about was meeting great Poet and sharing poetry.. I had the least clue about money.. But it seems everyone is making money.. I just don't like being left out..
    And again.. Does everyone in Hub has a Paypal account ?
    I was trying to open, they asked for my number, I just quited it.
    Will like some honest advice.. I thinking am ready to start earning...

1. donnaisabella profile image71
      donnaisabellaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Capedium, welcome to Hubpages. You can make money on Hubpages because there are many programs on here that help you do so, there is google adsense, adwords, the hubpages ad programs, ebay, amazon etc. But you have to work hard at it and put in a lot that is why not everyone is making money on here. In a little way anyone who has an account and is hubbing does make some kind of money or stipend. I am glad it is your love of writing that brought you here, that same love could help you make that money if you do what is necessary. I am not the best person to answer your question right now but there are many hubbers here who have written hubs on the same subject and they are really helpful and full of information (some of it sounds technical like SEOs for driving traffic to your website because that is how you make money and other behaviors here on Hubpages). Most of the tools to use are within the hubs you write. If you need more help, I will be glad to wherever possible. I have not been making money (really) on hubpages but if pennies add up to the dollars, then guess what, I am on my way because my penny power has improved! All the best!

Capediumposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.. I think am going to start following you.. So I could ask you more question if I ever need to ask someone some other time

2. Eiddwen profile image75
      Eiddwenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Capedium,
      I have been on here for nealy two years now and have hardly earned any money at all.
      I know that this is beacause I write from the heart;I think that if you wrote articles or maybe recipes,then the fitting adverts would be placed on your hub;very likely readers would then click on the adverts and hey presto!!
      I hope that made some sense.
      I have on the other hand not earned hardly any money but my writing has helpedme  to grow as a writer and person;plus I have a great illustrator for my books called Sunnie Day 'who is a brilliant friend and writer herself.Plus my books are currently being published. So maybe no money but a whole load of other priceless gains.
      Eddy.

Thanks alot.. Eddy, that is really relieving.. I mean, I have made great friends.. And I wouldn't trade that for anything.. I have being on Hub for about a month plus now. I never would have thought I could write an entire book in just two month.. Good news I am and so far doing great.. And am confident that I will be through by the end of this month.. Wanna know who gave me the inspiration.. A hubber.. Thanks Eddy.. You are more than amazing.

3. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Opening a PayPal account is free and easy but you may need a credit card to back it up if you plan to make purchases. You may not just for receiving money. If you call their customer service, they are very helpful and friendly.

Do you know about bolding and underlining keywords in your articles? Also make sure all your articles have a summary in the summary box to the right of the article. All this helps Google's bots find your articles.

Also, use the title tuner to learn what key words are most searched regarding your titles. Try to incorporate any word over 50% into your title even if the title seems really long and more like a sentence than a title.

I know you are making sense, but honestly it feels like french in my head.. Unfortunately, I have never being to France neither do I speak french.. In a very simplify way please.. I mean in a lame mans way.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
          couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok. Start with PayPal. Call their customer service and tell them you are confused. They will honestly walk you through each step with much patience.

Ok. I just opened one now. Thanks. Have being reading user agreement and privacy policy

My friend.. Hope I can call you that.. Still in the process.. Is tax information required too.. Is in the earning setting

4. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you do not have a PayPal account, you will not be able to earn effectively here as that is the only way HubPages makes payments to users.

All the info about the various earning programs and how they work can be found at the below links,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#royalties

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

I just need someone to walk me through every step. Those links help but.. I need some one is use to say.. Capedium, open this account.. when you are done, let me know.. Step by step he or she will help me climb the ladder.

2. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 12 years ago

Hello Capedium. I've been writing here at Hub Pages for five months, I do have a Paypal account and activated the Adsense and Google accounts (see in your "Accounts" page). I make about $3 (Dollars) a month. I think there is a learning curve to 'marketing' your Hubs. And there are many experts on that here, so good question. I think the best kept secret, (after signing up to the different accounts) is to know how to write a truly original and/or 'evergreen' article that everyone on the planet will be searching for from now until Eternity. Sorry, a bit tongue in cheek. Regards, snakeslane

I think am going follow you.. You sound very cool.. Noted.. Your respond is well noted and taken

3. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Greetings.. I'm a poet also...

When I first started here every day I raced into my account room and searched to see how many dollars were attached to my hubs! I expected that if my words performed well, then I would find dollars had been pinned to them! roll

It took me ages to realize that you have to get up really early to beat the HP Cleaners! big_smile

Or.. you can just write excellent poetry and other interesting hubs that people can find on the front pages of Google searches! smile

Thanks... Atleast something to make me smile.. Thanks.. I think two of my poem are in google search I was surprise when a friend told me, he search for my poem there and found it.. It was so cool...

4. savanahl profile image64
    savanahlposted 12 years ago

I think it's very important to have a Paypal account if you want to make money online. Also, the best advice I can give you is to go to the Learning Center and read everything, I mean everything, and read it often. Then check other hubs. There are so many successful writer here making really good money. Read what they have to say and then read what they're writing. I do this everyday and I'm starting to see a difference in my traffic and income. Of course, the most important thing I hear is write, write, write but make sure it's high quality. Be diligent because it's going to take a lot of time. Hope this helps.

Thanks.. That was straight forward thanks.. But the help centers.. It confuses me, honestly it does.. I think I will have to try harder and force myself to read.

1. savanahl profile image64
        savanahlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is very confusing. The key for me was to focus on one small bit at a time until I'm comfortable. Then I'd move on to the next. It's a lot of work and takes a lot of  time. Just be patient. smile

Sorry to border you.. Is tax information required.. Have succeeded in opening my Paypal account.. In the earning setting there is taxinformation

1. savanahl profile image64
            savanahlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is required if you want to earn

Thanks. I appreciate your time

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)