What if?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (36 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

What if you're wrong? One can never be certain of an outcome, especially if the outcome is unseen. Then it just becomes alot of gesticulating, pontification and a sense of misplaced values. If you're right though, then I guess I'm screwed, because I will never see it from the same angle.

1. Shanna11 profile image74
      Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's like the story of my life. I'm always wondering if I'm wrong... about everything. Oh well. That's life, I suppose.

mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

None can be truly right, unless there is the question of wrong. Not enough self criticism and way too many judgements.

1. Shanna11 profile image74
          Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ain't that the truth...

I try, but the truth is a slippery slope, for only I can see it with my eyes. When one judges others, they rarely take into account their own transgressions.

2. kess profile image60
          kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you are absolutely right with this statement it stand to reason then you are abosolutly wrong ...

And since I am abzolutely right it means that there are those who are absolutely right about everything...

But ofcourse you would never know since to you none can be of such.

In the middle there is no right or wrong, only the grey area.

1. kess profile image60
              kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The middle which you call grey is a mixture of both right and wrong...
              But it will never prevail for it will give in to one or the other.
              To remain grey is to be absolutely wrong, for right alone is right and can never be wrong.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would much rather be wrong about any particular religion and would be happy to stand in judgment in front of any one of the Gods who exists and tell them straight out that I could never follow a religion in which its followers acted the way they did, spreading hatred and ill will towards others in their zealotry.

I absolutely agree...

2. Jerami profile image57
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure that God would agree with Ya on this post.

Every christian that I have ever spoken with, will all say that God will judge Ya by that which is in your heart  and not which denomination Ya belong to ... 

and then turn around and judge others which belong to a different denomination.

Go figure.

But in the end?   I think it all went down the way it was suposed to?

Or the way the individual intends it. If I had something to protect, damn right I would kill to protect it or belittle those that did not see it my way. That's human nature for you, hate is easy, love takes time.

1. Jerami profile image57

AM I wrong or do I sense tension or anger in your voice?

No, just being as direct as possible, the nice approach isn't working. The world has corrupted the mind and led people to believe words, as opposed to experience.

OK !  ?? ..   A rose by any other name still smells like a rose to those that smell it.

All kidding aside,  I feel YA!

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Since you give no mention as to what it is you are referring to be it the price of Gas or the taste of an orange or whether God and religion really exist, it is hard to give an answer.

It applies to any form of thought, for to you, you're absolutely right. I can argue that I'm right, but to you I might be absolutely wrong. It's all subjective to the thinker.

SSOOoooooo   if it is all that objesctive?  why is it that I hear so much NONsubjective in your voice?

If you new me, not by my words, you would hear and see a truth. I'm actually pretty cool, at least I'd like to think so. forums leave little room for inflection...

and THEN ....   either in a minute, or after quite a while, .....

we come full circle.

History repeats itself, for the past can never be left alone.

Yea!   that is kinda what I was saying,   but NO! ...  not even?

If one can live for now, then the past becomes murcky, a haze of nothing important. To cling to the past, brings the past ever forward into the present, though never staying in it's place. I can learn from the past, but I should never dwell there.

2. suzettenaples profile image89
    suzettenaplesposted 12 years ago

What if?  This question can cause a lot of paralysis if nothing ever gets done because we worry about "what if?"  Any decision is better than no decision at all.  Sometimes you just have to take the plunge.  Yes, there are consequences for every decision we make.  Hopefully, you are able to look down the road and expect what those consequences might be.  It is always good to be prepared for the consequences good or bad for everything we do.

3. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

Yes but What if I'm right?

And I have to say I'm right more times than I am wrong.

Generally, we'd like to think our decisions are absolutely right, 100% of the time. It turns out we're probably right about 30% or less.

1. Diane Inside profile image73
        Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really, hmm, I guess im not part of the general population, I guess that makes me unique.

Thank You.

lol You're welcome, I guess...

4. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

You... You know what you intend to say, though you can't forsee the outcome. People are funny that way, they hear what they want, sellective in every aspect. They may read or hear the words, but they only truly read and hear what they want to.

=============

Me  ...   I took a sentance off of the end  SSOooooo sss   I could agree comptetly with this sentance CAUSE,  I have been saying yhat forever.

When we read scripture we are doing exactly that .....   untill we extend much effort to Un-program that which we have been programed to see when we read scripture.

Dawn in near upon us.  Not for the reason that religion has been teaching but ....

Well it  is kinda like an algebra asignment where the last pages has the answers to all of the assignments, so having the right answer is of little importance.  The teacher wants to know how you came to that answer.  Right answer  but flunked the semester.

How does that make sense?

Poetic justice, from a biased point of view. As it says in the bible "to each his own"...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)