Another Gripe about falling hubscores - what's wrong with the hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

This is another gripe, just trying to understand things better. It has never happened before in the 13 months I have been here. I published a hub yesterday in the morning at 70 points. When I woke this morning it was 80 and has been falling since.

I have never had hub do that. It usually starts falling only when the traffic trickle off. The hub has been picking up traffic since and even Google traffic. I am thinking maybe I did something wrong here. It is so frustrating. At least I expected it to rise normally then fall in a few days as they normally do.

I know scores should not be important but having a newly published hub fall so much in one day after being published id weird and it bothers me.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you weren't concerned before the hub was published when the score was rising and no traffic was going to it, then you shouldn't worry about it now.  Did you ever wonder why the score was rising before it was published?  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I always wondered that Randy and I have heard so many reasons. But I am not sure why it rises.

I was really wondering if I did something wrong on this hub because it never happened this way before.

2. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Ask yourself which is worse a falling Hubscore or falling or no traffic to a page? Try to assume that the Hubscore makes no sense except to the people who know why it was set up in the way that it is. That way a falling scores, unless they plummet below the no-follow number will matter less to you.

It's just weird. It never happened like that before. I expected it to fall, just not so fast after being published. Even my stupid poetry don't plummet so fast.

Traffic is definitely more important to me. I am just trying to figure if I did something wrong in my hub.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

Most of my hubs vary in scores within a 20 point range. I don't even see the numbers anymore, unless I specifically look for them. I find them less than useless.

4. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 12 years ago

hey Cardisa
    i just posted on another forum of the same detail. I agree, it is weird. My particular hub was at 100 and the next day at 91?  I just want to make some kind of sense to it, if it needs "refreshing" fine, but almost 10 points in one day is pretty extreme. 
    I wish there some kind of system to base the scores on, just even a tiny bit, it would help the trial and error less aggravating.

5. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

I'm like WryLilt, in that I pay little to no attention to the HubScores.  I do notice occasionally - usually on a Wednesday and/or Thursday - that a few of my Hubs will have noticeably higher scores, but on the evening of the second day those scores will fall by at least five points.  It's a regular pattern for me, so it doesn't bother me in the least.  There are plenty of things to worry about that I can actually intentionally influence.  HubScores don't fall within that category.

6. Cardisa profile image88

It's the newly published hub is the one I'm griping about. Usually a new hub will go up at least 20 - 30 points before falling and it will go up for a few days and linger then drop when the traffic does. This particular hub gained a few points the day it was published, then start to fall drastically.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any answers but I guess I just have to live with it.

Thanks you all for you response guys, really appreciated.

7. ofmelancholy profile image59
    ofmelancholyposted 12 years ago

from my point of months of time spent at hubpages hubscores aren't so important

1. profile image0
      jenuboukaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are right, although once you see that perfect score there with author name beside it gets to you when it slides way down, speaking from my self. I know with time I will (hopefully) get over it.

It's hard to ignore, it takes time!.

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Cardisa, don't worry about hubscores. I hardly even notice my hubscores unless one pops a 100, and I watch the lowest to make sure it doesn't get too low.

I can only hope for the day one of my hubs get to 100! lol lol

9. Cardisa profile image88

Thanks guys, I know. I just need to ignore it, but it's hard.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)