Dramatic drop in views

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Sinea Pies profile image62
    Sinea Piesposted 12 years ago

Has anyone experienced a recent drop in views? I was enjoying 100-150 views a day until just a couple of weeks ago. Now it's more like 30-50. I changed my profile to include links to groups instead of favorite hubs but I find it hard to believe that that would be it. Suggestions? Ideas? Thanks.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Many are reporting the same experience, Sinea.  It seems HP is suffering from Google's whims once more.  I hope the Big G self destructs and loses much of their influence on the net.  Until then, we are at their mercy! 

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have been using Yahoo and Bing only in the past few weeks and also manually submitting my  hubs and articles to other search engines.

G has too much control over everyone's work

2. Sinea Pies profile image62
        Sinea Piesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really? We're just guessing about G, right? Of course, they are the usual suspect. Ouch.

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I posted the same question just a day or two ago, and others are experiencing it just as I am.  My Google views have dropped drastically.

Sorry...didn't mean to be repetitive. Been out of it with the flu and only just realized what  was happening. Not a fun discovery.

1. Dale Hyde profile image80

Nothing wrong with rehashing the issue, Sinea Pies. smile You have quite a few more comments here on your post than I had on mine and we all benefit from the sharing of the information. smile  Hope you are getting better! The flu is a nasty thing for sure!

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Try pinning your hubs. It seems to be driving lots of traffic our way.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you seeing the same percentage in earnings, or merely more traffic?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

I do pin some of my hubs, however, on that site, we are discouraged from just pinning "our" material.

3. Sinea Pies profile image62

Pinterest puzzles me. Is it a place to sell your stuff? I can't tell. Anyone have a good hub out there explaining it? I've been a little intimidated at adding one more social site to consume my time.

4. incomeguru profile image95
      incomeguruposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think pinning our own hub is better. But we should let readers who love our content do the pinning.

3. 4FoodSafety profile image62
    4FoodSafetyposted 12 years ago

Curious - are those who are using blogger seeing less of a drop in traffic?

What about Wordpress users?

Or perhaps it is those who are using the RSS feeds on their outside websites?

I am just seeking the inside track on this traffic drop. Thoughts? Experiences?

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My blogger blogs are doing just fine. My sites are doing fine. It is only HP. Having said that, I saw a big drop over the weekend taking me back to levels not seen since I was a new user, but they have stabilised back to where they were really.

Then again, my account has been sandboxed for 7 months, so you probably can't compare.

My Wordpress blog is doing "normal" as well as two of my websites.  The drop is just being noticed here on HP.

3. Sinea Pies profile image62

My blogger blog is doing well. Growing traffic and many G referrals as well as Stumbleupon. I've been Stumbling both HUBS and blog posts. The blog posts are exponentially getting more from StumbleUpon than the Hubs are. Now what does THAT mean?

4. 4FoodSafety profile image62
    4FoodSafetyposted 12 years ago

I have started a blogger account but haven't done very much with it. I checked the Alexa ratings for blogger and wordpress and wordpress out ranks blogger.

Any suggestions of what works best for traffic? Should I unpublish hubs with a score less 70? What is a fellow hubber to do?

I don't have any Wordpress experience but I do know that some of my Blogger traffic is that I am very social with other bloggers. We link to each others sites through blog hops and comment.   But, like I said, my biggest traffic lately has been Google and Stumbleupon, too.

5. Sinea Pies profile image62

Thanks Dale...I'm on the mend. smile

Great news Sinea Pies. smile

Sort of off topic here, but I see no way on your profile to contact you, your Religion & Philosophy link goes to an error page here on HP.  I was going to check out those hubs.

Dale, thank you so much.  Got spammed a short while ago so I've been timid about putting the email address on the profile (HP took care of the spammer very quickly. Great job HP Central!).  I will head on over and fix that link! Thanks for the interest.

2. Sinea Pies profile image62

Yikes, Dale! Can't find it. This is soooo funny. The way I have been getting the links is when it shows up as "some of Sinea's favorite topics are" but that is on a cycle. Right now Religion and Philosophy isn't one of them! Ha! I'll keep on the lookout for my next opportunity and fix it. Sorry. 

The two I like the best are called "Why Forgive" and "Joyce Meyer the Woman and Her Words".

Okay, Sinea .. I will drop on  by and check them out. smile

6. Sinea Pies profile image62

OK guys...do you check out your hubs on Google to see where they rank? I used to but I haven't in a while.

Back when I did, even if they didn't show up in the first few pages, my more popular ones (usually about Weight Watchers) did show up. 

If I got really desperate to find them, I would enter the exact title + Sinea Pies and then they'd be there. 

Today they are NOT anywhere --unless it's through StumbleUpon. This is not good.  Perhaps I have linked too many of my own related hubs within them?  I will gladly change that if it'll get me back on the map. Any thoughts?

Not sure how to find out where they rank in Google myself.  I can copy/paste the title and find most, or could a few days ago.

I can say this, my views from Google continue to decline with each day.

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Odd - searching for how to wash clothes in 5 easy steps and for filling foods - weight watchers alternate plan by copy/pasting your title results in both of them on page one.

In addition, you should always see your hub if you search for the URL.  The title should be on first page, but sometimes slips some, but the URL should always be position 1 or maybe 2 of first page.

7. Sinea Pies profile image62

That's why I am a bit alarmed...I could, too!  Guess it's time to experiment and reduce the links to my own hubs and see what happens.

8. Sinea Pies profile image62

Really? Phew. I guess I panicked a little. Nothing like feeling like your identity as a writer is being expunged. I had tried the Weight Watchers PointsPlus2012 --one of my most Googled--and didn't find it even on page 10 and yet Squiddo articles and Ehow were showing up on early pages!. How can that happen?  So then I used the exact title + my name and still nothing. 

Thank you SO much for checking those out. That makes me feel a little better.  TIME TO CALM DOWN. smile

There was an article shared by a fellow hubber earlier today that talked about links and the new Panda... I didn't have time while I was at work to read it closely...but I am going to now. 

Here is the link in case anyone else wants to read it:
    http://searchengineland.com/google-conf … ngs-113078

An interesting article, however, it is well over my head as I have no SEO teachings.  Thanks for the link.

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, an interesting article.  Thanks for repeating the link.

3. Dale Hyde profile image80

What I am finding out is it is not so much the links in an article that Panda hits, but "broken" links.  That is what is apparently pulling down some blogs from my research.  I would presume that is why HP has the broken link warning for us, so we can correct any issues we may have with that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)