Auras

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (143 posts)
  1. Shawn May Scott profile image61
    Shawn May Scottposted 12 years ago

An aura is the electrical pulse of our being. I have had the pleasure of seeing auras for most of my life. I remember as a child telling my mother that there was a light around the people as we walked throught the CNE. My mother of course dismissed this as me being tired. As I grew older the auras of people seemed to fade as I was not able to see them for awhile. Maybe I did not even care. But now it seems that as I come back to my spirituality I am able to see this part of the living once again. Do you see auras if so please share your experiance? If you do not see them do you want to or not?

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You might want to have your eyes checked out. Auras don't exist around people.

Shawn May Scottposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are many things in life that people with closed minds cannot see.

No, there are those who pretend to see things that aren't really there, whether they are lying, delusional or just have some mental disorder.

There is no need for your rudness and your obvious disbelief in things that you cannot see yourself shows me even further into your soul and that what you call your self is true to your own life path. Sir you have my pity.

lol Yes, those who pretend they are "special" and claim to see things the rest of us cannot see are most certainly the ones I referred.

Of course, a myriad of reasons can be evidenced as to why they want to believe they're "special" - why do you believe you are?

You do not deserve any further reply.

2. samadaslam profile image60
            samadaslamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is not necessary that she would be telling lie. Normally we can't see infra-red and ultra-violet i.e. we can see just a limited spectrum of light. The ability of every eye is different from the others. Dogs can see infra-red and even snakes can. So there can be few humans as well who get the ability to see the lights that a normal eye can't. There's nothing strange in it.

Dogs peak limits are at the yellow-green 555nm and blue-violet429nm within the color spectrum. No, the can't see infrared.

The longest visible wavelength for the human eye is 700nm which is deep red. Infrared is longer and invisible to the human eye.

1. EinderDarkwolf profile image61
                EinderDarkwolfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To correct your statement "The longest known visible wavelength for the human eye is 700nm which is deep red."  When quoting science it's important to quote it as it was written and not out of context to suit your needs. Science recognises that though all human bodies act similar, they are not the exact same and therefore do not act the exact same. Many variables make a wide variety of possibilities available.

And, what exactly are my needs here and how did I quote that out of context?

So what?

You seem to have an underlying need to disprove anything occult. I tend to see you speaking out against anything and everything to do with the occult in any way, shape, or form as you see fit. Most of us understand by now that you believe in absolutely nothing at all. That's fine.

Dropping the word known takes it out of context as it takes away from the fact the possibility was left open that it could change. There by its used in a context to further your argument for it not being possible when scientists say that they don't know if it's possible that it could change or be different.

Science is just as much of a guessing game as believing in something is.

2. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't be surprised... science thinks at this point that it can account for approximately 10% of all matter and energy in the universe with matter/energy that we have discovered... who knows what makes up the other 90%

Good point!!!

2. A Troubled Man profile image57

Maybe it's the auras given off by people that account for the other 90%? lol

1. profile image0
          JaxsonRaineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Could be, who knows. The idea of spirit/energy bodies would go far to explain some strange phenomenon, such as the man who could hold a lightbulb and cause it to turn on. He could also shock people at will.

The point is, we really don't know. We know there is a lot out there that we can't even see, so it's kind of silly to say you know what that stuff isn't.

lol

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/7106108800/71061088001101/7106108800110100013/8586448-old-fashioned-man-holding-lightbulb-bright-idea-concept.jpg

Sure, but nowhere near as silly as claiming someone can hold a light bulb and turn it on.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
              couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Studies have shown that fruits and vegetables still attached to their root, tree, ground, give off a strong electrical charge. Once picked the charge is less and once cooked, there is no electrical charge at all. So I would imagine it's the same for all living things.

Yes, we often talk about the energy of living things in vibrations. I belive this can be seen by those of us that are sensitive to these energies. I will take a deeper look at my garden as it comes out of it's winter slumber. Thank you!!!

Wow, so you actually DO believe that you're "special" lol

Never heard of that one before. What studies?

Sorry, it was actually a demonstration I saw on tv. but here is something which essentially details the process in cells and therefore the probability of current in living things.

http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Ele … _membranes

Excellent article, thank you for showing it. Yes, I've seen similar articles before in which they calculate the rest potentials of electrical properties, particularly the cell membranes of neurons. 

Although these rest potentials are most certainly measurable, we can see through the equations used from Kirchoff's Law that the "sum of all currents is zero because the bodies system requires equilibrium, hence the conservation of charge "requires that all currents cancel each other out" - the reason for that is because "there is a fixed conductance between the two coupled neurons (conductance g > 0 always) and the current flowing between them is proportional to the difference of the voltages in these two cells"

Further to that, because cell membranes act as capacitors we can transform the rest potentials and calculate voltages using Ohms Law and can see that voltage potentials are around -70mV.

Of course, if we take a bare copper cable and place much more voltage potential across it, we still don't see "auras" or anything else being illuminated even if we allow the potential to flow across it and observe a high amperage, and -70mV is very tiny compared to the voltages we place across those cables.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
              Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Come on TM, don't you remember Uncle Fester lighting up the light bulb in The Adams Family?  That's proof enough for me!  lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

You are not worth a reply and if you wish to speak to your friend do it through the e-mail portion of this site.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61

Aura you serious?  lol  I'll bet you are psychic also. right?  lollollol  Unfortunately for you, this is an open forum and you do not get to choose who participates.  sad

3. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

With all due respect if an aura is an electrical pulse of/off our being then it should be detectable by the use of a camera that is sensitive to the invisible parts of the electromagnet spectrum.

I've seen it photos as well and there are many books writen on the subject with accompanying photos. It's the same idea as when an orb or a mist appears in a photo. It does not happen every time.

Baloney. Migraines, epilepsy and other visual disorders are often the explanations. Like I said earlier, get checked out.

Or, you're referring to Kirlian photography, like these two coins...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/Kirl66_g.png/800px-Kirl66_g.png

1. Disappearinghead profile image60

That's a striking image. What's Kirlian photography when it's at home?

Ah yes. Google is my friend. smile

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It can be, there's a special camera called a Kirlian that takes pictures of Auras. I've had mine taken.

The Aura around Living things is like the corona around the moon.

4. pedrog profile image59
      pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you see auras, you may not be psychic; you may have a brain or vision disorder. See your physician ASAP. --Robert T. Carroll

http://skepdic.com/auras.html
      http://skepdic.com/auratherapy.html

If you can see or prove that auras are real James Randi has one million dollars for you, congratulations!!

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m- … ation.html

If you don't want to do it for the money, please donate the money to some charity.

I'll be wating for the news, has you will be the first person to win this challenge and it has been arround for many years now...

Every so often we get the same question on these forums.  And yes, no one has claimed the $1,000,000 yet.  Usually the poster merely gets miffed at whoever tells them this but are usually never heard from again on the subject.  But hey, perhaps this one is the real thing?lol

The problem is even if someone can see it, they couldn't prove it because no one else can see it. So it's a dead end until the rest of us catch up.

1. pedrog profile image59

Not true.

If it is real there are test that can be made to test the veracity of the claims.

Guess what, it seems that no one, ever, could prove his point!

Old world medical thinking. There was a time when labotomies were performed on people who were thought to be crazy and blood was drained out of sick people to purify them.

So when the tests are created, they will be created by those who can see. This is usually the case anyway. Those with vision enough are the world changers.

That's right, science corrects itself, that's why those procedures are not in use anymore.

5. EinderDarkwolf profile image61

I would normally say this ludicrous as the naked human eye is not suppose to be able to see the colours given off by electromagnetic fields. I do see them myself though. I've seen people without them and people with them. For me though the color is mostly stagnant and rarely changes. Mostly I see the thickness of the band if you understand what I'm talking about.

It is said that those with the ability to see such things were the one's called to be things such as healers and shamans. That of course was a long time ago but it doesn't take away from what these people did. Shamans were the priests, counsellors, and confidants of a great many people. Healers were of course, Healers. The one's who dedicated their lives to fixing the afflictions of others. Now days we would call them Doctors, but being a Doctor isn't really a calling for many of them. Just a little insight from knowledge I've gathered about it over the years though. Take it for a grain of salt if you wish. I really don't have a scientific explanation as it's not suppose to be possible.

2. profile image0
    andycoolposted 12 years ago

Auras are possible but seen for reasons that can be explained scientifically, such as migraines, synesthesia, epilepsy, a disorder within the visual system, a disorder within the brain, or due to the influence of psychedelic drugs such as LSD. Eye fatigue can also produce an aura, sometimes referred to as eye burn.

Yes, but those claiming to see such had rather believe they are somehow gifted or have psychic abilities.  Most seem to be of the female persuasion.  yikes

1. profile image0
        andycoolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I know... but such claims aren't based on science.

Of course not, but try and tell the psychos....er, I mean,...psychics that! lol

1. Druid Dude profile image61
            Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ever use a nightscope? Heat signatures do exist. Auras exist.  Heat signatures and auras are related. We can see more than a blind person can, yet you all flip out in ridicule when someone claims to be more perceptive than you. I suppose divining is also bunk, although oil and natural gas divining is still used.

Are you inferring detecting a heat signature using an infra red device is the same as observing an aura with one's eyes only, as some claim they do?  If so, why hasn't someone already claimed the million?  Are you also suggesting auras and divining are related in some manner? roll

I said it is related, in that it is a reaction to energy levels in the body. Some people are more sensitive to heat/cold, some are more sensitive to light, some can detect other aspects, and yes, auras are related to divining because it is a reaction to the flow of energy. Some people have no luck at divining at all. Have you ever walked into a room where you could feel the tension without any other clues that something was wrong. That's what is referred to as "vibrations". Some people give off really bad vibes, some put off really good ones.

Male bovine excretion!!  lol

Come live with me for a bit. You'd experience all kinds of stuff you think is BS

2. pedrog profile image59

Alteration of bologna!

Thanks for spelling Bologna right "TM' could not do it.

3. A Troubled Man profile image57

Pure baloney. It's funny how the religious take their beliefs to almost any level of silliness, believing in any nonsense they come across.

Has nothing to do with religion. In fact, religion is a hindrance to this sort of thing stating that these people are to be avoided. IMO, we should never close our minds to anything, especially if it has some science behind it, however limited.

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image61

Being able to do something and proving it aren't the same thing. You'd have to have someone else who has already proven that they could do it in order to verify. But then that puts out the question, how are you going to verify the first person to get the process started?

Here's the thing, the forum concerns auras. Some people find the intangible, tangible. That simple. Some don't. The fact that some can't is not the problem of those who can. I need no proof, and for those who can't perceive the intangible, it is like trying to describe a color to a blind person. You'll know it if you see it, because it will be as plain as the nose on your face. Try focusing your gaze beyond the end of it helps (The end of your nose that is.)

Oh trust me, I understand exactly what your saying. I know of Auras as I'm sure that it's what I see. However asking me to prove it is another matter altogether. There is no verifiable way (currently) to even attempt proving Auras. That is one of the reason they are under much debate.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60

andy - you may be talking about halos, not auras.

1. profile image0

IMHO they may be different from religious point of view... but if you want to analyze the reasons of their occurrence... the difference seems insignificant. Both of them are organ disorders of people who experience them.

No, I don't mean religious halos, I mean the kind of halo that's generated from within the eye, like when someone has eye surgery. Auras are said to emit from the body's energy.

3. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Ya can't prove nuttin to anyone that don't want to believe it.

They have to experience it   AND Then    all their buddies will think they have gone bunkers.

That's the way it is, and we can't even prove this to the doubting mind.

You may be correct.  I know one lady who claims she can see farts!  They don't have any way to test for this either.  yikes

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and I know another woman who says that she can't smell her farts.

She may be telling the truth?    but I wouldn't be, if I said that I didn't smell her farts.

But can you see them?  They're a form of energy, Ya know!  Druid Dude says it's possible!  lol

Well ...  Hers ?   no I can't see them  cause my eyelids are usually stuck together until after the energy has left the building.

I believe you have to have special glasses! Poot-A-Viewers I think they're called!

Dear Randy, only an ass can see farts.

2. profile image0

Ass with eyes! roll

2. Jerami profile image58

seriously now

I believe people can see other peoples ora.

It all has to do with health and well being.

Every cell in your body has its own electromagnetic field and frequency.

If you are healthy it is because these diffrent pulses and frequencies are working in unison.

How many times have you heard someone ask someome else "Are You pregnant"
            And that person say "Yes how did you know?"

Answer ....    "You have a different glow about your face"

Absolutly!!!

There are scientific studies about the pulse and frequencies of a new born babys blood cells.

It was their belief that this is at the center of our imune systems success or lack there of.  And contributes to our pain tolerance level.

I was a subject in one where they built an electromagnetic generator which simulated this.  My blood was recalibrated back to something close to what it was at birth.  I felt 20 years younger and my chronic pain went away.

Everything that we take into our body affects the electromagnetic field of every molecule in our body.
                   And No; this field is not contained within the perimeter of our skin.

I wish I knew where they are at today.

I'd love to have some more of it.

Cool!!! I have never heard of anything like that before. But I truly believe that we are more than what is just simply tangible.

Tangibility isn't always simple.  But just for the heck of it, of what use would being able to see auras be?  I mean, being able to see farts would certainly be a useful ability to possess! 

Due to my eperience I am a firm believer in the fact that our power is in the blood.

I also believe that this is THE reason for many of the dietary laws in the OT.

Daniel refused to eat from the kings table because he knew that to do so would greatly demish his spiritual abilities.

I know I didn't express what I'm trying to say very well;  but you get the idea?

I tried finding those studies and found nothing of the sort. Do you have a link?

Well !!   That is just one of those things where I know, I did something that I absolutely can not prove to another human being!

I was just feeling so good about feeling as good as I did. That I didn't think about keeping records,  sinse I was just a subject in the study.

And maybe these people were the only ones in the whole scientific community that was looking into this concept.

I was just telling about a time in my life.  ?

2. profile image0

Auras exist if you believe so... in reality they're results of kind of disorders related to eye or brain. That said, when you experience it... it actually happens to you... no matter how you want to interpret it.

2. Shawn May Scott profile image61

Smelling Farts, how rude. grow up. I know several people that cannot smell for one reason or another. Try again.

4. Shawn May Scott profile image61
    Shawn May Scottposted 12 years ago

P.S. I'm tired and sorry for the spelling mistakes!!!

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

when our frequencys are all out of balance we are out of tune with the universe around us ....   and we loose reception.

Just cause the reciever is broken doesn't mean that the radio station doesn't exist.

lol I keep picking up Tokyo Rose.

She's about your speed. Have you been dating long?smile A cop's gut feeling. The sensation you are being watched, and you find that you are being watched. Trying to explain the intangible to those who are unable to perceive it is like trying to explain a color to someone blind from birth. Above, the discussion was turned toward divining which a non-believer in the intangible was convinced wasn't on the same order as auras. The root word of divining is DIVINE. The original diviners were called water witches, it was considered a spiritual thing. Diviners were also called upon to forecast future events.

lol Yes, you're "special"

Am I? So kind of you. My wife may not agree, but my kids might say "yeah, special Ed!" I think you're pretty special too, ATM

It is nice good to hear that.

And is there anything about that; that you would like to share with us?

6. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

You talkin' to me or ATM?

Are you talking to me
              ?

I wasn't either

That's why we should always preface our comments with the name of the person we are addressing, if there is one specific.

7. Michele Travis profile image66
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

Sometimes auras happen to people who have epilepsy right before they have a seizure.  That is true.  It is the first part of the seizure.  Sorry to take the spiritual side out of this forum, but auras are part of the seizure.

So, If an aura becomes visable upon having a seasure

It doesn't seem unreasonable that there are other reasons for this reaction to occure where it becomes visable.

1. Michele Travis profile image66
        Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know, the only one I have is the seizure one.  All I can remember is the aura, I am basically " out" when I am having the seizure.

Jerami - Bingo.

8. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I think one should keep an open mind about such things and above all not be disrespectful.  People don't have to believe anything they don't want to, but they also don't have the right to ridicule others for their beliefs. Unfortunately, ridicule and disrespect for the opinions and beliefs of others is soemthing I see all to often in these forums.

1. Michele Travis profile image66
      Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry, I did not mean any disrespect.

Disturbia - and it's always the same people. Best just to not respond to them. (It's not you, Michele).

3. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, Michele, I wasn't addressing you, and couturepopcafe is correct, it always seems to be the same few.  The ridicule and disrespect just get under my skin.  It must go back to my childhood when I was the target of many bullies.  To me it's childish and unacceptable behavior from adults.

What is really childish and unacceptable behavior from adults is the propagation of nonsense from irrational beliefs. I don't suspect that's what you were doing as a child when you were the target of bullies, and that is not what anyone is doing here, either. Bullies do not use science and reality to argue against nonsense and irrational beliefs. And, if grown adults expect to earn respect, they probably shouldn't be propagating nonsense and irrational beliefs as science and reality, which only shows a very deep disrespect for those who understand it.

4. pedrog profile image59

Well, i think you are a very reasonable person but i have to disagree with you on this one, as long as we keep the "internet etiquette" and the forum rules we should challenge and debate subjects that are nonsense, like auras, this kind of subjects are not free from mockery like any other irrational belief like religion, pseudoscience, conspiracy theories, myths, or any thing like this...

9. dragnhaze profile image60
    dragnhazeposted 12 years ago

Hi Shawn May Scott, since I was a young girl I could see a glow surrounding people, and still do, I have also had some very strange experiences through out my life though. However I have heard several people refer to this glow as an aura.  I happen to have a very open mind though so I tend to look into what is put before me instead of just dismissing it without thought.

You should get checked out by a doctor, perhaps your condition can be treated.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For a guy with a strong blue aura, you may want to rethink your position.

I have a strong blue aura?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60

Are you colour blind?

I thought it more of an Azure with a tint of Chartreuse as opposed to a strong blue.

ROFLMAO!

2. dragnhaze profile image60
        dragnhazeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A Troubled Man, not sure what condition you are talking about, unless it be the fact that I have an open mind, and in that case I think you are mistaken, as it is an open mind that is free to explore and learn to no limit, where as a closed mind is a controlled mind and is only able to learn what is allowed.

The medical condition you're having that causes you to see auras, of course.

No, an open mind would understand that is a medical condition and wouldn't jump to conclusions that it is something that surrounds people.

1. dragnhaze profile image60

Hi A Troubled Man, if you will notice I never said I saw auras, I said I see a glow around people, I have not jumped to any conclusion, I simply gather the facts and lay them out, I do not lable.  I have also had some kind of near death experience/premonition and dreams of people and situations that I did not know but would meet and deal with later on in  my life since I was 3, so is that a medical condition?

Then, you should probably get that checked out by a physician.

Could be, but more likely just a delusion.

I've had MRI's EEG's and such, which have all come out perfectly normal, so I actually have been checked out. 

Simply put, A Troubled Man, you just need to learn to open your mind and realize that there are things that just have not been able to be explained by science yet.

Yeah, sure you have. 

lol Yes, delusion can be explained by science.

It does not matter to me whether you believe me, as I am the one with hospital records to prove.

But yes, A Troubled Man, your delusion can be explained by science so there's no need to worry just go and get yourself checked out.  Though I suggest you don't take any of those psychoactive medications - find something natural to help with your delusions instead. smile

2. Shawn May Scott profile image61

Hi dragnhaze,

I seemed to have opened a can of worms here. Auras or what ever you want to call them are there and may not be seen by everyone. Many in this discussion have mentioned that people like us are "special" under our own thoughts. Disbelievers are everywhere and just because they cannot hold it in there hands or see it with their eyes they think it does not exsist. Yes many people who have seizures, migraines etc. see auras before the on set of the physical activity their bodies are about to endure. But there are some perfectly healthy people that can see auras and have been able to all of their lives. Just because we are different does not make us wrong. I understand you.smile Don't let these school yard bullies concern you they all fear what they cannot control.

Yeah, Shawn May Scott, I'd say you did open a can of worms as I did read all the comments before posting this.  I wanted to provide a clearer explanation as to the aura that seizures cause (I grew up with an epileptic mother who has seizures of every type, and know a lot about seizures).  The aura that a seizure causes is not seen - it is felt, as a warning to the person who has seizures that they are about to experience a seizure, when the person who has seizures learns to pay attention to that feeling they can prepare themselves for a seizure which can result in less harm caused by the seizure.

Hilarious. Others are trying to help you learn something about reality and you call them school yard bullies simply because you really, really really want to believe you're "different" lol

No, we don't fear your childish fantasies.

10. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

Just about every kid in the 70s had an aura.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-RpPGflraCOHDD7VYKO4avlRtMNysDwnzKbpatzV40d88RQxr0w

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf6LXAwwlDsXH0HZKO5iwBkSwgW0wazmD0MdiK2AgSfGK2qQqxYQ

11. EinderDarkwolf profile image61
    EinderDarkwolfposted 12 years ago

lol

12. Insane Mundane profile image56
    Insane Mundaneposted 12 years ago

As all humans are obviously electrical beings, we must all emit something of some sorts, whether visible or not.  The paranormal version of "aura" definitely falls under spiritual insight and most folks would simply label it as woo-woo wishful thinking of an occult nature, and be done with the kooky notion. However, if it is possible to "see" someone's aura, phenomenal clairvoyance needs to be applied.

Clairvoyance seems to me like having insight into something. People can only read what others have written to try and have some insight. I don't pretend to know what it is I see, it could simply be electrical discharge as I see it on more than just living and sentient things. I don't assume to have insight on it though, I simply know what I see.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)