There is no universal love with christians.

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (40 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

You should be absolutely christian or the christians will absolutely chastize you. They talk about love, but they seem to hate more.

1. Shanna11 profile image76
      Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not all hate. I do agree that far too many Christian's ignore what it means to be a follower of Christ. However,  I'm Christian (well, that's debatable even) and I do my best to love everyone. It's not my place to judge or hate or exclude.

mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know the above statement was blatantly generalized, I was realy just venting a little and decided to write a thread. It's better than burning them at the stake, something they might revert to if one is not careful. God forbid they might see life at a different angle... Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You love dealing in generalities to try and rile others or get their sympathy to your falseness. There is a big difference between chastise and hate. There is a big difference between helping to clarify and chastisment. There's a huge difference between helping someone who wants to know something, and trying to cram your point of view down someone's thoat like you like to do. Try seeing things with an "Open mind" instead of a "Closed mind" or are you afraid you might learn something new and maybe even find out your totally wrong.

3. gymnastevan profile image60
      gymnastevanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I disagree with Christians that go around cursing everyone to hell. They are not showing the love of Christ that they should be, and are accomplishing nothing. I am a sincere Christian, and the majority of my friends and family are as well, and I know none that do this. However, throughout history, Christians as a group have been persecuted, martyred, and hated, more than any other group, and still are today. It is hard to love those who spite and hate you.

1. hecate-horus profile image63
        hecate-horusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Christians as a group have been persecuted, martyred, and hated, more than any other group."  I think Jews might disagree with this statement. 

More than any other group?  Please.  Lets talk about The Spanish Inquisition, the Holy Crusades, and the Salem Witch Trials, just for starters. Christians have done their share of persecution, hatred, and martying people. 

I don't spite or hate anyone.  I have tons of Christian friends. I respect their beliefs.   However, they don't know that I've turned Pagan either.  How much do you wanna bet I'm sure I'd lose most of them if they did?  Trust me, I've heard the preaching in my former church, I would be M-U-D to them.

4. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Would you join a social club that prectices bigotry, hate, chastizing and as about as homophobic as you can get? It's called Christianity and there's a club near you!

5. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't hate anyone, but there are people I do dislike but it is far and few in between. Sadly there are many Christians who do hate and forget that they are supposed to act Chris like. It's one thing to say you are Christian and it's even tough when you try to live it, but if you truly believe God does get you through anything.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Name one group of people who are banded together because of like philosophies that does practice universal love. Heck, name one person alive today. It is a noble aspiration, but unattainable. Anyone who claims to have reached that pinnacle is usually shown to be delusional, if not dishonest.

I love everyone, no matter how much I hate them..

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm. Not sure we are speaking on the same level here. But, I get what you're saying. You sound more tolerant than loving. That's about the best I've been able to work my way up to also. smile

"Love thine enemies". To have an enemy, one must have a modicum of hate for another. We dehumanize, that which we see as inhuman but, if one can love that which they hate, humanity/inhumanity are just words.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
            couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I always believe that it's easier to love someone if we understand why they are what they are. We'll never get the full story in most cases, but it's not a stretch to understand that a father who is yelling at his kids is experiencing frustration, lack, isolation, or any number of things. Understand the cause and put yourself in their place. Love comes easily and that gives us the ability to tolerate.

2. kess profile image61
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Judge delusional and or dishonest by whom?
      Those who are delusional and or dishonest?

1. profile image0

I said shown to be. Not judged to be. When they prove they don't love all humanity, when they claim they do.....if they still insist they do then they are either deluding themselves or attempting to delude others.  Actions mean more than words.

3. Owl Ka Myst profile image60
    Owl Ka Mystposted 12 years ago

I understand the opening statement is general in nature, and it is unfortunate that such statement can even be made. But the fact that it can be made alone says something about those who claim to be of said faith. Those who are most outspoken about their religion are the ones that seem to be the hypocrites. Those who do practice love find better ways of using their time. I think that a person can love all. You can love and still not like a person. I don't like Christian hypocrites, because of what they do. But I still have love for them. If their house burned down I would still do what I could to help even after being told I was going to burn in hell for my pagan ways.
    Love is looking past what is disliked and still having the ability to show compassion and understanding.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good point. Loving and liking are two different things. We always love our kids but don't like what they do sometimes.

The silent majority of Christians, Muslims, etc. are loving even though they are human and may often slip.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Too err is human; to forgive is not the policy the hubpages religious forum. hmm

4. profile image55
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

Obviously you have not met the hate of to-days non-believers. The hate is so thick that you have no choice but to fight back or hide and remain silent. I no longer bother to defend myself but accept the fact that this is war. When push comes to shove take it on the cheek and knock them out. Being a believer and apathetic is a lie that the unbeliever hopes you follow. All believers should go down by fighting to the end and turning the cheek only as a martyr.

I'm quite aware that both sides carry demons. What does it matter right this instant, are we not being civil?

5. profile image55

Both can not carry demons and a house can not stand if it is divided, open your eyes. You are criticizing God based on a web site that hates God and promotes those who hate God. Free speech is denied and argument does not exist with-out truth. You argue in a room with out Bibles or those who would read one. A place of Earthly existence and masters of self and knowledge. This is a fools place and a discussion that leads no where but will discriminate against all truth.

I accept the truth, not the motives of the follower.

6. profile image55

The followers should have the same rights of knowledge and arguments based on freedom. Not the condemnation of those who hate God and the truths that go unquestioned by those who believe in God and his word.

Am I an unbeliever because I don't accept religion? Or because I don't accept your religion?

7. profile image55

It does not matter if you our an unbeliever as long as those who speak have the right to argue as much as you do. If the truth to a Biblical God exist then one has a right to present it. If one condemns you on this basis then they have denied them of free speech and in this case what the Bible has told you. I was banned on here for presenting what the Bible said will happen to you after you die, a Christians point of view. I gave the view from the perspective as an unbeliever in the face of many who condemned God as to what would happen to them when they pass on. In accordance to judgement not made by me but God I explained Hell. I was banned from this site for explaining this truth as written in the Bible. This convinced me that free speech does not exist and truth does not exist on Hub pages as well. Until I am removede permanently I will defy this place.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And hubpages in general will go on not giving one gram of a.... fudge.  I take that back, it's always funny to watch someone who overestimates their own place in the world trying to "buck the system".  Fight the power and all that.

8. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"This convinced me that free speech does not exist and truth does not exist on Hub pages as well." So how is it you are here? Seems to me that is the first fact that ought to be got straight.

9. profile image55

We will soon see. I have been gone for some time and serve to test this place.

10. teacherjoe52 profile image62
    teacherjoe52posted 12 years ago

It is sad but true that that is the wrong behaviour many Christians exhibt. I have personally suffered their arrows more than once.

Being a Christian however, also means we are to tolerant of other peoples annoying habits as long as they are not unbiblicle. If they are we should lovingly correcr them,NOT shove the Bible in their face.

As well if there is a differance in opinion as long as it is not unbiblical we shoud accept our differances.

11. profile image55

Really, are you the judge of so called Christian behaviour? I am so tired of your lies of apathy, you must be kissing Satan's butt and telling the believers its OK when they murder you. Where does this make you a good person? Maybe you should worship the devil as you crawl away and beg forgiveness for your beliefs that they will kill you for any way. Please all you haters of God forgive me I am a bad person. I am sorry that you will burn in hell for hating Jesus Christ your Savour. Gosh, does it not tick you off all that truth that God believing people tell you?

When someone doesnt believe in hell, it's people like you that create it for them.

2. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm feeling Christian love here. lol

I like my satan's butt clean though, there's nothing worse than dingleberries from hell... lol

12. profile image55

Strange how I feel the same way where ever you our. Can I kiss your butt and beg for a raise or did I not rob enough people to earn my pay check today? Maybe I can get a non threatening job like cleaning your house or washing your car instead. How dare I attempt to live a life along the rules you have created for me. With out God there would be no rules and this conversation would have been over long ago. Would you like my name and number so you can kill me? Its all legal in your World I am certain.

13. kess profile image61
    kessposted 12 years ago

You must use your judgement to first determine them to be of such.

1. profile image0

No. They must first act.

1. kess profile image61

They acted and they concluded their actions as delusional/dishonest....
        This they communicated to you, thus you have such confidence that their actions is of such?

if not, How did you determine this?

1. kess profile image61

Anyway so as not to major on a minor...

Judging is a fact of life and and an active part of being human.

Otherwise one cannot claim knowledge...which on a whole is classified as good or evil.

So any who claims to know anything already know or think they know the difference between good and evil.

So fact is one will live a life where he continuously judges between good and evil and especially more so when it comes to actions and motives of another.

So the way out is not to “dont judge“ as is popular politically correct statement.

Any who offers this as the only solution would soon find themselves in a sticky where their own hipocracy will eat them up..

The only solution seeing that one must judge is to judge right...and if it be that you are not able to make a right judgement in a particular situation, the next best is to withhold condemnation.

When condemnation is withheld it is just the same as judging the situation as good, thus the status quo continues.... Thus there is the appearance of no judgement...for no other action is required

When condemnation is not withheld, the status quo should not or cannot continue, thus there need to be another course of action taken.

Because the condemnation which is the negative and is the seed of doubt has risen itself to the place of highest priority....

14. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 12 years ago

I know many Christians who have started schools and adopted children who were otherwise considered unadoptable and have done so at personal sacrifice to themselves. But, of course, we can find abuses of power and I've grown tired of church at different times, too. But Christianity has been far more positive than negative.

Now, as we head toward baseball season, I'll say the title of your hub has given me another topical idea: "There is no self esteem among Pittsburgh Pirate fans."

15. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Every religion ever conceived is simply a way to separate people from truth and separate them from God. And atheism is a dream-come-true of a religion for those who wish for darkness to overcome light.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)