Tim Tebow is a New York Jet..!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. ByChanceTV profile image57
    ByChanceTVposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6362435_f248.jpg
    Looks like it all happened so fast.  Broncos release Tim Tebow for Draft Picks... Looks like New York is about to get a taste of Tebowism - East Coast Style..!

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Judging by reactions on Facebook, Jets fans are not happy about this.

From a personnel perspective, it's a low-risk move. They are basically just giving up the equivalent of an early 4th round draft pick for Tebow (the Broncos get the Jets 4th round pick and 6th round pick, and give up a 7th round pick along with Tebow). From a merchandising perspective, Tebow is gold. They'll probably sell millions of dollars worth of green Tebow jerseys. From a team chemistry perspective, this could be devastating. Mark Sanchez already had people questioning his ability, and now Tebow comes to town. Jets management has created a QB controversy where there wasn't one before. Jets players as recently as yesterday were saying the team doesn't need Tebow because Mark Sanchez is just fine. What does this move say about management's confidence in its starting QB?

2. puter_dr profile image90
    puter_drposted 12 years ago

I have no insight to the Jets thinking on this, but I would not be surprised to see Tebow playing QB in the Wildcat, and as a WR in goal line offense.

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

All I know is I'd love to have Tebow on my team.  He works hard.  His attitude is unbelievable. He wins.

Sanchez has been close the last few years to getting benched.  I think Tebow will be fine, but Sanchez may have trouble adjusting.

Lin and Tim.  What else does NYC need?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Plus the media!

I am sure Tebow can adjust with any team - negative or positive fans, media or just hecklers!! Mark Sanchez is a level headed guy as well, never seen him hug the limelight and talk amidst all what is happening there!! The two can perhaps support each other with whatever the coach decision on who is going to play as the QB!

1. ByChanceTV profile image57
        ByChanceTVposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you think the Statue of Liberty will be able to 'Tebow' in that Skirt..?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile

4. Hugh Williamson profile image75
    Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years ago

Hold the phone...this just posted by ESPN.

"ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Broncos and the Jets have encountered a hangup in the language in Tebow’s contract that could nullify the trade. Schefter cites a Broncos source as saying the hangup could keep the trade from happening."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 … m/related/

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It seems odd to me that this would leak to the press as a done deal before these details had been worked out. I wonder if they did this intentionally to see what fan reaction would be. On my Facebook feed it was overwhelmingly negative, with more than one Jets fan saying they were considering becoming Bills fans. That's some serious dislike for a guy who at most would be a backup/specialty situation quarterback.

5. Gregory Hasman 66 profile image61
    Gregory Hasman 66posted 12 years ago

I think the Jets is the wrong choice. Jacksonville would be better mainly because Gabbert has not totally won over the team and Tebow has a chance for the starting job. In New York, the locker room is too split and would not be as welcoming as the Broncos locker room.

6. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

The days of Rex Ryans telling his team to play like a Jet are now over . . new words out of his mouth will be pray like a Jet. ..

and this is one Jet fan who would rather see playing then praying.

Tannenbaum and Ryan have one last chance to bring Lombardi back to the Meadowlands. .. and the way these guys are making deals the only way Lombardi will be in New York next year is when the Giants do it again in Super Bowl 47  . . .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)