Am I crazy?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. ladywithwords profile image58
    ladywithwordsposted 11 years ago

So I have severl issuse and people like to call me a hypochondriac.
    I hate crossing bridges, If I never had to cross one I wouldnt
    I riding in a car really, I always think Im going to get into an accident and die, which is why I dont have a drivers license
    I get angry easily
    I cry a lot
    Sometimes I eat too much but cant help it
    Sometimes Im not eating enough but I dont feel hungry
    Sometimes it feels like I havent eaten for days, when thats not the case
    50% of the time I hate the way I look
    I feel like I have way too many nightmares and way too many very bad thoughts
    I change my mind a lot about a lot of things, I like something then I dont without any reason

So besides seeing a doctor what should I do?

1. peeples profile image93
      peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't give sincere answers often but hey I will try! I have bipolar and use to feel exacty the way you described. Not saying that's your problem though. Seeing a doctor never helped me and medication only made it worse or made me a zombie. For a while I self medicated with Marijuana at night so I could sleep and to balance my hunger. It worked very well but I have children now and I fear doing things that are illegal (even if I don't agree with it being illegal). So I have just learned to understand my thought (when I have them) are not rational. by telling myself that I am able to stop and correct what I am doing. I have an alcoholic drink before bed and it helps me sleep without nightmares. So if you're crazy so be it. Do what you can to understand you are not being rational. If need be find something that helps. My examples of things to help are probably a bad idea for most!

ladywithwordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have never really tried anything. but stare at the wall.

2. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 11 years ago

Do you think you're crazy?

3. ladywithwords profile image58
    ladywithwordsposted 11 years ago

I feel crazy!

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have problems but none of the things you mentioned indicate craziness

well then whats my problem?

But if you are truly worried, you probably should go see a psychiatrist

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

If these things are causing you problems why not see a doctor, specifically a psychiatrist?  They are there to help.

Im going to see a doctor this week. My problem is they always want to give me pills, there has to be another way.

1. janesix profile image59

There isnt another way.

Well maybe some type of therapy or something

3. peeples profile image93

I would suggest you look up natural remedies for mental illness or anxiety. I am strongly against medications because of side effects and long term effects they can have. We treat almost everything in our house with natural remedies. Also a good doctor will try other solutions first if you ask and tell him you really would prefer not to take medications. That being said it doesn't mean a natural remedy will work but at least it can be an option if you don't like meds.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
          MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To add to that (and slightly disagree) she needs to remember that herbal supplements can have just as many side effects as pharmaceuticals.  Also just reading an article on an herb doesn't mean that you have any idea how much to take or how to prepare it... nor most of the time does it list what will happen if you take the herb with other herbs or medications. 

And to be completely honest I can't think of an herbal supplement that has the ability to deal with anything other than mild depression that wouldn't need to be 1. Taken in exceedingly large doses or (more likely) 2. mixed with other herbs.. which leads to the possibility of interactions or compounding side effects.

In short... if someone is going to go the herbal route on something like this then they should probably be seeing a licensed herbalist (if state has licensing) or one who can produce proof of education (in areas that don't license)

1. peeples profile image93

I so agree! I simply suggest the looking up part as a place to start so she has an idea if it may even be something she would want to do before she sees the doctor. Te doctor should be able to point her in the direction of someone with more experience. Many natural remedies(not all herbal)  are used for anxiety.

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

"I hate crossing bridges" and such strictly psychological. I would guess an identity one wants
    for some reason or another.

6. profile image59
    Roohi Khanposted 11 years ago

You really need to consult a psychiatrist.

I know some people hate taking pills but if your problems are causing major interference in your life, you shouldn't postpone this trip.

Going for therapy along with these pills will surely be helpful. You can learn quite a few life skills in therapy to help you cope in a better way with all your issues and life in general.

Besides this, I cannot emphasize it enough but exercising and some form of relaxation can really be helpful. Just spending 30 minutes in the morning meditating will make a world of difference. Just sit in a comfortable position and focus on your breathing.

Walking, running, cycling, swimming or hitting the gym will make a world of difference in the way you feel.

Try it out and I am sure it will make a difference.

7. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

It does sound like your fears and intrusive thoughts are interfering with your happiness, if not your life.
    The advice here on both ends of the spectrum is good. It depends on your own comfort.
    A psychiatrist will definitely want to put you on meds. That's what they do -- prescribe drugs for the mind.
    S/he will also recommend psychotherapy. There are all kinds but you know these thinking patterns CAN be retrained. You don't have to be imprisoned by fear of bridges, etc.

The natural route also has merit, if you believe the problem is within you and believe you can overcome the problem with your own efforts (e.g., your mind/body want to be well and just need to be cued to respond in a healthier way).
    Seek out a good acupuncturist/Chinese herbalist. I've had great success with this route.
    The advice about meditation and relaxation -- and exercise -- also all good.
    Meditation is something you can learn with tapes.

All the best to you, ladywithwords!
    MM
    The mind is a powerful thing.

8. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 11 years ago

I think you could use a good cleansing (not a bath, a spiritual cleansing), too, and a Spiritual Healer is who can help you.

Everybody has strange thoughts, we all just don't say them out loud. It's actually normal to have them and you say you are always able to stop anything bad from happening, so you're aware of right/wrong. You're not crazy; maybe just very very sensitive in several ways.

Seeing a doctor is a very good idea, even if you also want to see a healer. Depression (and other ailments) is sometimes a chemical imbalance in  your brain, and the meds simply force the body to balance out somehow. If you need medicine to feel right, then take the medicine and feel right.

Meditating is also an excellent idea. You can't believe how it can un-stress your life, it's very helpful. If you don't know how, I wrote a hub on it but you can do searches for "how to meditate" and check out the links it shows you.

Good luck and do keep us posted on what's going on.
    (((hug)))

9. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years ago

Hi "dear",
    smile

A lot of the experiences you are experiencing, I've had many.
    A lot of it can stem from childhood trauma, don't think you're wrong to feel these things, there's nothing wrong with you, except that you're in pain.

Seeing a therapist can help you work out your anxieties. (I've also written several hubs...........)

But, it's importatnt you discuss all this with a good therapist who will understand and help you.

Please ask specific questions if you have any. The fear of bridges is anxiety, the body image is very common in young women sad  and the anger or lack of eating, lack of eating can mean your'r depressed or upset which can be temp (I was when my dad passed) there are so many valid reasons,hun, to feel these ways.

I hope you feel better!!

10. ALUR profile image60
    ALURposted 11 years ago

Fear is mostly an illusion or a memory of a trauma that manifests itself in odd things. I would suggest you speak to a professional but more importantly breath and reframe questions in your mind that might be increasing your worry?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)