Why is the world obsessed with the all-seeing eye?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (138 posts)
  1. Claire Evans profile image64
    Claire Evansposted 11 years ago

There is an enormous amount of symbols associating with corporations, media, people, for example. 

The question is: WHY?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6678975_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6678976_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6678979.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6678982_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6678986_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6678991.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6678997_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6679000_f248.jpg

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You may not have noticed but people have eyes...

Only you are obsessed with it.

Claire Evansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lol, don't most people have two? I mean, people have legs...why don't have those?

Legs aren't a Freemasonic symbol, though.  The all-seeing eye is and there god is Lucifer.  We also have to go to the origin of that symbol.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6683934_f248.jpg

Wedjat eye from the tomb of Tutankhamun, Egyptian Museum, Cairo

Oh...what does Ancient Egypt got to do with today?

Pike's wrote in Morals & Dogma, that "Masonry is identical to  the ancient Mysteries.."

Those who knew the ancient mysteries were "enlightened", hence the Illuminati. 

The All-Seeing Eye was representative of the omniscience of Horus, the Sun God, [Magic Symbols, by Frederick Goodman, p. 103, Satanic symbols book].  As one Masonic book says, "These considerations lead us to an interesting topic, the Eye of Mind or the Eye of Horus ... and conveying the idea of the 'All seeing Eye'.  The end set before the Egyptian neophyte was illumination, that is to be 'brought to light'.  The Religion of Egypt was the Religion of the Light". [Thomas Milton Stewart, The Symbolism fo the Gods of the Egyptians and the Light They Throw on Freemasonry, London, England, Baskerville Press, Ltd., 1927, p. 5]

The all-seeing eye is one of the most important symbols in the occult, if not the most.   The serpent in the Adam and Eve story said to them that their eyes would be opened should they eat the apple of the true of knowledge.  However, there is no plural for eyes in Hebrew.  Therefore, Adam and Eve was told that their “eye” would be opened.   The eye represents many things.   It’s earliest representation was from ancient Babylon and was worshipped as the “Solar Eye”, Horus being the sun god.  The legend is that after Osiris, Horus’ father, was murdered by Set, Horus engaged in battle with Set where he lost an eye.  Horus presented his eye to Thoth, the god of wisdom, and his eye was restored.

The eye also represents Lucifer, the light bringer, Jove, Jupiter, Apollo and Baal and the planet Sirius *

The eye represents secret knowledge and is an occult symbol.  So the world is governed by occultists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOuktDPMYMI

More to watch that I still have to but it looks interesting.

1. profile image0
          paxwillposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So just out of curiosity, how do you determine whether an image of an eye is an occult symbol or not?  I mean, if a bottle of contact lens cleaner shows an eye, is that considered evil to you?  What about an eye doctor whose business card shows an eye, does that mean the doctor is in league with Satan?

Excellent question.  I've noticed the eye is used a lot for optometrists and contact lens solution and eye drops.  Why not two eyes? Perhaps they know, perhaps they don't.  Individually owned businesses I hardly believe do it on purpose for occult purposes. However, huge companies most certainly do.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
              Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Who cares if someone uses an eye as a trademark or motif?  lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

Because they are mocking you saying they are enlightened and you are not.  They are telling you who they pledge their allegiance to and the public are too dull to know.

1. Jewels profile image82
                  Jewelsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ahhhh, so you admit the eye leads to enlightenment.  Well done Claire, you are seeing the light.

And your point is? What's that got to do with Jesus? He has nothing to do with the third eye.  It's like you don't even read my posts.  Why are you so hung up on Jesus anyway? What's it to you?

2. profile image60
    Virtually Boredposted 11 years ago

Well as far as I know, this is a masonic symbol. You also have it on the US$. All knowing and all seeing eye. Which explains why you have SOPA, ACTA etc. Big brother always watching. Even nows, with this RAID technology, corporations can actually locate where in the world their product actually is located. They can do this with something as small as the dot over the letter "i" on the packaging. It's masonic all right, and if you're like me, who is opposed to secret societies avoid it like the plague. I don't know if you ever listened to JFK speach on secrecy part two. It's on youtube and if someone told you he made the speach yesterday, you'd believe it because never was it more applicable.

You are 100% correct.  And to the Masons, the eye is the eye of Horus/Osiris/Baal/Lucifer.  So is it absurd to say that the world revolves around Satan?

“Yes, Lucifer is God. . .  The Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initiates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian doctrine.” General Albert Pike, 33rd degree Mason, Sovereign Grand Commander of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Free Masonry, USA

Theosophy found Helena Blavatsky, says Satan and Lucifer are the same:

Satan, or Lucifer, represents the active ... "Centrifugal Energy of the Universe" in a cosmic sense ... Fitly is he ... and his adherents ... consigned to the "sea of fire," because it is the Sun ... the fount of life in our system, where they are petrified ... and churned up to re-arrange them for another life; that Sun which, as the origin of the active principle of our Earth, is at once the Home and the Source of the Mundane Satan... "

“The Adversary or Satan is no other than Lucifer, the lightbearer, the bright Morning Star: He is the Initiator, awakening the divine faculties of intellect in man. He is the king of the 'Fallen Angels,' spirits from higher spheres, who descended among primitive mankind of the Third Race, '...to develop in man, and endow him with his self-concious mind, or manas.'"

-    N. Sri RAM, Theosophist Magazine September 1960-April 1961

1. kittythedreamer profile image75
        kittythedreamerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why is Osiris and Horus put in the same category as Lucifer?

3. DoubleScorpion profile image76
    DoubleScorpionposted 11 years ago

What does this topic have to do with Paganism or witchcraft???

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages doesn't yet have a crackpot category...

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Claire Evans profile image64

The all-seeing eye is a pagan symbol and the occult involves witch-craft.

But it's more than a symbol.  It's actually used by Buddhists and Hindus and Christians in their spiritual practices.  Even Christians use it. Jesus did.

Oh, Jesus did? Jesus would never preach pagan practices to reach God.  The Kingdom of God is not reached by occult methods.  It is only through serving Him that a person can have the Kingdom of God.

See, this is where your knowledge of the occult is lacking.  Anything that has to do with deep spiritual practices is actively occult. 

Now if you are talking about potions and curses - that's, in your opinion most likely, known as part of the dark arts.

See using the third eye for spiritual practices is common.  As was said by Matthew - Jesus also used it.  He didn't preach it, why would he.  It was normal back then.  So yes, Jesus did it too.  Remember a lot of Christian practices were taken from ancient pagan practices.  You have to look closely at the interpretations of the bible to understand their meaning.  The kingdom of God is found within and the way to go within is by using the third eye.  There is nothing voodoo about this at all.  You serve God by finding that part of you within.  This is what Jesus did.  Simple.

Very unfortunate, but of course not surprising that modern day Christian teachings has thrown the baby out with the bath water.  But this has been done deliberately most likely.

Wasn't idolatry by the Jews common during Jesus' time? Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life.  Only He.  He did not say us attaining Christ consciousness is the way to God.  You'd think the early Christians, like Paul and Peter would carry on the occult teachings if Jesus had preached it but they didn't.  You have a different version of Jesus and that is a Gnostic one.

I'm thinking Jesus assumed you knew what Christ Consciousness was.  He clearly said the kingdom of heaven is within also and you go their via the third eye, the eye that leads you within.

Here's is the interpretation of that:

Luke 17: 20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you.

There is a more accurate translation from Greek:

"Many modern archaeological discoveries have validated the historical accuracy
                  of the Bible and have helped Bible scholars understand the meaning of certain ancient words ..... In Koine Greek, the expression  entos humon (literally, 'inside of you') often meant 'within reach'. Thus Jesus' statement is Luke 17:21 could mean 'The kingdom is within reach.'" (Philip W Comfort, p 273 The Origin of the Bible).

There are other interpretations of that particular verse:

"The kingdom of God is in the midst of you."

"For the Kingdom of God is among you."

"For behold the kingdom of God is among you."

The Pharisees were wicked and thus the Kingdom of God could not have been inside of them.

Quotes from website consulted:

http://www.voiceofjesus.org/kingdom_not_within.html

"Jesus never speaks of the kingdom being inside of anyone.  That is vitally significant, for it reveals something about the nature of the kingdom that was the focus of his gospel, the Gospel of the Kingdom.  So, did he speak of others entering into the kingdom?  Many times!"

Matt. 5 (FNT)
                  20 For I say to you that unless your justice abounds more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

Matt. 7 (FNT)
                  21 Not everyone saying to me: Lord Lord will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my father who is in the heavens.

Matt. 18 (FNT)
                  3 Truly I say to you, unless you turn and become as the child, you will not enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

Matt. 19 (FNT):
                  23 Truly I say to you that the rich hardly enter into the kingdom of the heavens. 24 But again I say to you it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for the rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Mark 9 (FNT):
                  47 And if your eye stumble you, cast it out, for it is good that one-eyed you enter into the kingdom of God than having two eyes be thrown into Gehenna, . . ..

Mark 10 (FNT):
                  23 How difficulty will those having possessions enter into the kingdom of God. 24 But his disciples were being amazed at his words. But Jesus again answering says to them: Children, How difficult it is for those trusting upon possessions  to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of the needle than for the rich to enter into the kingdom of God.

Luke 18 (FNT):
                  24  How difficulty those having possessions enter into the kingdom of God. 25 For it is easier for a camel to enter through a needle hole than for the rich to enter into the kingdom of God.

John 8 (FNT):
                  4 Nicodemus says to him: How is a man able to be born when he is old? Is he able to enter into his mother's womb a second time and be born? 5 Jesus answered: Truly truly I say to you, if someone not be born out of water and spirit, he is not able to enter into the kingdom of God.

Thus the kingdom of God is not inside of us.  If one has a personal relationship with God then they are inside of His kingdom.

Context is very important especially when it is a translation.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image76
        DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hmm...God's All-Seeing Eye is pagan...I thought that Christianity wasn't based on Pagan beliefs..??

4. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

Let's  take a possible real-life situation that if it is not occurring now it may occur in the future.

You are at home your job-company's cameras are positioned in and around your home that is to say in the living room, bedroom, backyard, front yard, bedroom basically everywhere. Now how do you like the idea that strangers  watching monitors can see what you're doing in the bathroom, in the bedroom basically anywhere in your home?

You most certainly will not have privacy on-the-job. Does this indicate why some people don't want to see a seeing eye?

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

The eye is the most fundamental and obvious symbol of sight/looking/aesthetics/viewing/art/looking there is.  It was before the 'all seeing eye' stuff and is after.  Not every picture of any eye has to do with some conspiracy any more than every picture of a hand refers to masturbation or every picture of any ear is a reference to Van Gogh. Sometimes, in fact most of time a cigar is just a cigar.

So why is it overused?

I think it's underused.  People have forgotten how to use it.

Okay, you are a deceived New Ager.

You're good with labelling people aren't you Claire.  Can I say you are a deceived Jesus follower?  That will make us even. smile

6. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

We can fantasize about how good people are but we have an overabundance of historical data that says most of the time people are not benevolent.

7. jacharless profile image73
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Because, Sauron's last grandiose tower was destroyed by hobbits.
    And that is, well, just humiliating, given the stature, and mischievous appetite of a halfling. So, in good form, LOTR antagonists and supporters of the One Ring to bind them all, decided to resurrect him & his eye. And why not? I am sure Mr. Tolkien would approve of the sequel:

Sauron Reborn: Middle Earth The 4th Age

http://www.downloadstock.biz/screenshot/3D-Lord-of-the-Rings-Eye-of-Sauron_13625.jpg

8. jacharless profile image73

Well, if the Christians are correct, then YES it IS quite absurd. I forget precisely the verse, but it goes to the effect of:

"The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord AND Christ {Anointed} who reigns forevermore."
    "All things have been given to Him to govern."

.... awkward ....

9. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

I would upload a couple pictures myself for general amusement, but on an iPad, I can't.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The triangle is the tear in the veil in the holy of holies in the second temple of Solomon, built by Herod. Behind the veil is where God sits, hence the omniscient eye, and it was also an egyptian icon, but as is shown by the religious dude, obviously Catholic, it isn't necessarily strictly a Masonic symbol, although the roots of the Masonic order did begin in ancient times. Technically speaking, since man began building artificial structures, the masons were one of the ancient guilds. Mankind also has  an internal connection called the 'third eye', which is opened to receive the true knowledge of the Holy Spirit. There goes that Twilight Zone music again!smile

And Solomon was an occultist.  And God can't sit anywhere. 

And the third eye concept is also an occult one.  Can we distance ourselves from the occult in this world?

What's wrong with the occult?

Satanism, witch-craft, nah, nothing wrong with that!

No, I'm talking about the occult.  Occult practices includes alchemy, as well as some quite dark practices which I don't get into.  Alchemy in terms of what Jesus did, was turning himself from a normal human being into a receptacle for God.  That's Alchemy.

10. Disappearinghead profile image60

Now I have the iPhone app so I can post pictures hazar!

Here's one I prepared earlier. It's an owl's eye that I blended with a foxglove using an iPad app. I rather like it.

Am I lucifer?

http://hubpages.com/u/6681787_f248.jpg

1. jacharless profile image73
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cool. Should I call you foxglove lucie from now on?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

No, you are an ignorant fool.

11. Disappearinghead profile image60

Here's another one I made. Same owl's eye, but hanging over Margam Park, Port Talbot, Wales, UK - a nice day out for all the family.

My father-in-law didn't like it.

http://hubpages.com/u/6681802_f248.jpg

The Masons incorporate the idea of the "Architect Of The Universe". That's definitely NOT satan (Lucy Fur) sounds like a hooker name.

Who's the architect of the universe? Lucifer? They are one and the same.

2. Druid Dude profile image60

God is the author of all things. Did Lucifer create the universe? What bible have you been reading?

12. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

I found this ancient drawing on an expedition to somewhere...

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6683286_f248.jpg

If I drink enough it follows me around the room.

roll

That's still creepy.  See how ingrained this is in people's minds?

You think?  I'd already forgot what was on the shopping list so it didn't ingrain me. smile

Oh, so you were joking around.

So tell me, why is the world obsessed with the all-seeing eye? The eye of Ra, Baal, whatever?

I don't think the world is obsesses by it.  But then again, you seem to be seeing it everywhere so maybe there is a message there for you.

The third eye is said to be the only Gate within.  There are 10 gates, 10 points in the body, nine of them lead outward, or have externalizing functions.  These include the eyes, ears, mouth, nostrils, and anus. 

Meditation is an internalizing function and it's via the third eye that a stillness occurs.  You are otherwise influenced by everything in the outside world by the other 9 gates.

I'm just wondering how you ridicule me when what you write sounds laughable.

Not ridiculing you.  Educating you on religious practices.  See you need to have a wider scale of knowledge instead of putting all your assumptions into the one basket.

2. frogdropping profile image76
                  frogdroppingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There's a message in the above statement.

Here: Knock yourself out.

1. profile image0
                    EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This article is a perfect illustration of why I stopped going to the cinema quite a while back, and why I don't watch all that much drama or comedy on TV these days either.

I always feel as though the directors/scriptwriters are trying to mess with my head.

If you substitute "flood" with "massive, global economic crisis" and "ark" with "centrally engineered solution that benefits the top 0.1% of the population while leaving the rest of us as serfs", then I can actually see this one happening.

13. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 11 years ago

I guess Jesus may have got it a bit wrong then.  Perhaps he didn't realize it was a luciferic principle when he was using it himself.

Jesus himself was obsessed with the all seeing eye too.

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." (Matthew 6:22)

In my Bible it says, "The eyes are like a lamp for the body."

Either way, in Greece, both the plural and singular for eyes were associated with the "evil eye".  In Greece, they have known it to have been a fixture in Greece dating back to at least the 6th century BC. 

I believe that the writer misinterpreted Jesus and thought he meant "eyes" as being the "evil eye".

We know that Jesus could not have been referring to the eyes as the evil eye.  It is completely contradictory to Him as a being. 

Note:

The evil eye (the mati) is thought to bring bad luck to those that it is cast upon.  The Greek Matia (eyes) charms are thought to protect you from the mati.

In Greece, the evil eye is cast away through the process of xematiasma (ξεμάτιασμα), whereby the "healer" silently recites a secret prayer passed over from an older relative of the opposite sex, usually a grandparent. Such prayers are revealed only under specific circumstances, for according to superstition those who reveal them indiscriminately lose their ability to cast off the evil eye. There are several regional versions of the prayer in question, a common one being: "Holy Virgin, Our Lady, if [insert name of the victim] is suffering of the evil eye release him/her of it"[citation needed] repeated three times. According to custom, if one is indeed afflicted with the evil eye, both victim and "healer" then start yawning profusely. The "healer" then performs the sign of the cross three times, and spits in the air three times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_eye#Greece

Quite, frankly, I think this writer of the verse got it truly wrong influenced by the beliefs of Grecians.

Think that may be an interpretation.  The third eye is not evil.  The third eye is a centering point in the body, between the eyebrows.  It's a common practice known to meditators.  If Jesus attained his state of Christ Consciousness there is a fair bet he used his third eye to get there - hence the verse in the bible Matthew was referring to.

You're getting your occultist practices mixed up.

The evil eye is something different - like being cursed.  Have you ever had an argument where someone has stared you down, looked at you in such a way that you feel their eyes are piercing into you.  So take that scenario and put some intensity into it.  Sure you can do that and voila - Evil eye. smile

What you are saying is in direct conflict with Christianity.  I'm sure you are aware  that this "third eye" business is New Age.  New Agers, those who really are in the know, despise Christianity.  They think it impedes people to attaining Christ consciousness.  Now if Jesus taught that to people they wouldn't have a problem with Him.

"New Age leader and activist Barbara Marx Hubbard has played an instrumental role with Marianne Williamson in efforts to bring about a Department of Peace in Washington, DC. Warren Smith discusses Marx Hubbard's work and the "selection process" to prepare the world for a new era of consciousness in his online book, Reinventing Jesus Christ Hubbard's book, Happy Birthday Planet Earth, she states:

Christ-consciousness and Christ-abilities are the natural inheritance of every human being on Earth. When the word of this hope has reached the nations, the end of this phase of evolution shall come. All will know their choice. All will be required to choose..... All who choose not to evolve will die off; their souls will begin again within a different planetary system which will serve as kindergarten for the transition from self-centered to whole-centered being. The kindergarten class of Earth will be over. Humankind's collective power is too great to be inherited by self-centered, infantile people." (Quoted by Let Us Reason)

New Age leader Neale Donald Walsch wrote:

"Yet let me make something clear. The era of the Single Savior is over. What is needed now is joint action, combined effort, collective co-creation."

According to Texe Marrs, author of "Dark Secrets of the New Age" "God" to the New Ager is either a he or she, a mother or father, god or goddess.  He said most New Agers teach that mother earth, the sun, the moon, and the stars, in fact all of nature can be worshipped as "God."  They teach that man can become a God once he realizes his potential and acts upon it.  The difference between Jesus and everyone else is that He realized and demonstrated the "Christ" potential that everyone has.  "Christ" being an office or a spiritual state of higher consciousness.  A term that can be applied to anyone who reaches an elevated state of consciousness achieving divine status.  A blasphemous teaching that we are all Christs-in-the-making and that "Christ consciousness" is attainable by all people.  In other words, man is a divine being whose realization of his potential to be a god must be awakened.

When the disciples asked Jesus what would occur in the last days prior to His second coming He warned "...many shall come in My name saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matt. 24:5). Meaning also perhaps that many would be deceiving others that they too can become "Christ."

In a New Age there is no tolerance for true Christianity. Johanna Michaelsen says, "In New Age thought traditional Christianity blocks the evolution of the human race, threatening the global unity necessary for racial survival.  "Unity" is the password of the day.  Unity at all costs; unity at the expense of truth.  Those who stand in the way of "unity" - especially religious unity - are increasingly being viewed with a hostile eye, for these "narrow-minded disrupters" are seen as standing in the way of the establishment of the peace and the very survival of the entire planet.  Those people (such as Fundamentalist Christians) who insist on maintaining their "archaic and provincially orthodox" beliefs and literal interpretations of Scripture must either learn to become "open-minded" and blend in or else risk being eliminated -entirely."

So you can be a New Ager all you want but just make sure you leave Jesus out of it.

See, I'm not a new ager persee. For your benefit I was quoting from the bible itself.  Jesus used his third eye.  Simple.  You need to understand what that is otherwise you remain ignorant.

You are.  You share the same beliefs.

You don't really know my beliefs, yet you assume a great deal.   So back to that all seeing eye.  Jesus used his.  Do you feel you need to start using yours?

1. kittythedreamer profile image75
                  kittythedreamerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have to say that I disagree that "new agers leave no room for true christianity"...wow. What a judgement. Doesn't the bible say, "judge not, lest ye be judged."?

I agree kitty, and by Claire cutting off even one group of spiritual seekers, she is not doing as Jesus did!  It's interesting because a lot of 'new agers' have been guided by western esoteric knowledge, a large part of that being christianity.  But it's not modern day fundamentalist christianity that new agers buy into.  In fact most new agers I know are actually trying to do the Jesus thing - ie self awareness, self transformation and a broadening of consciousness. 

There is a major difference between the doctrines of true Christianity and modern day interpretations of it.  When a doctrine teaches you to find your spirit externally..........major alarm bells!

I have to say that I disagree that "new agers leave no room for true christianity"...wow. What a judgement. Doesn't the bible say, "judge not, lest ye be judged."?

I don't have to stand for false teachings.  New Age is about attaining Christ consciousness and that is NOT what Jesus preached.

Take note:

"New Age leader and activist Barbara Marx Hubbard has played an instrumental role with Marianne Williamson in efforts to bring about a Department of Peace in Washington, DC. Warren Smith discusses Marx Hubbard's work and the "selection process" to prepare the world for a new era of consciousness in his online book, Reinventing Jesus Christ Hubbard's book, Happy Birthday Planet Earth, she states:

Christ-consciousness and Christ-abilities are the natural inheritance of every human being on Earth. When the word of this hope has reached the nations, the end of this phase of evolution shall come. All will know their choice. All will be required to choose..... All who choose not to evolve will die off; their souls will begin again within a different planetary system which will serve as kindergarten for the transition from self-centered to whole-centered being. The kindergarten class of Earth will be over. Humankind's collective power is too great to be inherited by self-centered, infantile people." (Quoted by Let Us Reason)

New Age leader Neale Donald Walsch wrote:

"Yet let me make something clear. The era of the Single Savior is over. What is needed now is joint action, combined effort, collective co-creation."

According to Texe Marrs, author of "Dark Secrets of the New Age" "God" to the New Ager is either a he or she, a mother or father, god or goddess.  He said most New Agers teach that mother earth, the sun, the moon, and the stars, in fact all of nature can be worshipped as "God."  They teach that man can become a God once he realizes his potential and acts upon it.  The difference between Jesus and everyone else is that He realized and demonstrated the "Christ" potential that everyone has.  "Christ" being an office or a spiritual state of higher consciousness.  A term that can be applied to anyone who reaches an elevated state of consciousness achieving divine status.  A blasphemous teaching that we are all Christs-in-the-making and that "Christ consciousness" is attainable by all people.  In other words, man is a divine being whose realization of his potential to be a god must be awakened.

When the disciples asked Jesus what would occur in the last days prior to His second coming He warned "...many shall come in My name saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many" (Matt. 24:5). Meaning also perhaps that many would be deceiving others that they too can become "Christ."

Jewels, you are a New Ager.  Semantics aside, you share the same beliefs so at least concede that.

Enough about Jesus and the third eye.  There is no evidence He ever used His "third eye".  You keep disregarding the fact He said the only way to the Father is through Him and not through third eyes that can get you Christ consciousness.

Believe what you want to believe but leave Jesus out of it.

Matthew 6:22-34.    Jesus wants you to go inside yourself Claire. 

Jesus would want you to do that and stop idolizing false Gods.  Anything outside of yourself is a false God.   Any teachings that take you outside of your own spirit is false.

14. Jewels profile image82

Do you use your third eye Claire?  Just wondering.

LOL!

Um, no.

Well that's a shame.  If you did, then you'd know first hand.  You speak as if you are an expert on knowledge, yet you don't have knowledge.  You have opinions and assumptions and no experience of the third eye.  You have to experience it to have the knowledge of it.  Interestingly - that was what Jesus was asking you to do.  Experience being as he is.  So hop to it.  Stop reading all this conspiracy nonsense and hating people and be loving like the man who died trying to show you a way to your kingdom.

Jesus was asking me to dabble in the occult? No, I don't think so.  And why am I not loving? Is standing up to evil hateful?

See again, understand what occult is.  Jesus is not asking you to go into dark arts, but he is asking you to go deeper than what you have been.  You need to understand also what evil you can fight.  You can only ever fight the evil within yourself.  Again - the kingdom of heaven is within.  You can't fight hate with hate either - that doesn't work. 

And as I said above - Occult practices includes alchemy, as well as some quite dark practices which I don't get into.  Alchemy in terms of what Jesus did, was turning himself from a normal human being into a receptacle for God.  That's Alchemy.

15. Jewels profile image82

I do hope people, Christians particularly, start becoming obsessed with their all-seeing eye.

This verse from the Bibles scriptures says it all - Matthew 6.22-24 “The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

See God is within, all that is not within can be seen as a false God.  See Claire?

Maybe it's Jesus who is sticking all those eyes around the place.  Wanting you to use yours. smile

Jesus did not say to dabble with occult practices.  Didn't Jesus say something about plucking your eye out?

Mark 9:47

New International Version (©1984)
      And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

I'll pluck out my third eye, thank you.   I've heard at least one person who said they opened their third eye and regretted it because it opened a portal for demons.   Jesus only advocated prayer to the Lord, not meditation to open the third eye.  Since when is the third eye a Jewish concept?   I only know it is related to the Kabbalah but it sure was not known to the masses but those in secret mystery schools.

See, that's a misunderstanding.  You are throwing the baby out with the bathwater there.  In this context it's talking about integrity.  Even those who do deep spiritual practices are subject to the world and all the perils within it. 

And you have to be careful about using the term eyes as in physical eyes.  This is different to the central eye, or what is commonly referred to as the Third Eye.  So you have your two physical eyes which give you outward vision, then you have your central eye.  It is the only one that goes within.  So careful with plucking out your eyes! smile 

The third eye is mentioned in the bible and Jesus used it.  This is what Matthew was referring to in  that scripture.

2. Jewels profile image82

Your friend who experienced demons needs to seek a Catholic priest and get an exorcism.  See even in your own faith there are occult practices.  But I'm more inclined to think your friend didn't know what to do with the experiences she was having.  I personally have had  beautiful experiences - call them godly experiences.  If your friend was attracting demonic experiences perhaps she needs to look at why she had them. 

And prayer and meditation cross over in their meaning.  So your praying could be understood as meditation.  But there are levels to mediation and I never got anywhere near where I have by using prayer.  I suppose there are levels to praying also but this form is not enough for me.  So maybe you've already been doing a bit of meditating but weren't aware of it.

There is a wonderful book that you may like to read Claire - called the Nine Faces of Christ.  This book may help you understand what Jesus went through in his own seeking of enlightenment.  See you have to take a wide berth with spiritualism - which includes your own sect by the way.  Get some real out in the world knowledge.  You don't have to practice them, but at least understand them from a more compassionate standpoint.  This may help you become a better Christian in the eyes of God.  Whatever it is you are reading and trying to understand is not serving you very well.  You need a deeper knowledge.

Especially as you see occult practices within the Christian faith, it makes you look more deeply at what occult practices are - don't you think?

It wasn't my friend.  It was a testimony over the Internet.  I can't tell you how much you are starting to anger me now.  You misinterpret the scriptures in a way that you see fit and disregard my rebuttal.  Can you prove to me Jesus was a Kabbalist and part of a secret society? The average Jew did not know about third eyes back then.   To the simple people He preached to, He'd have to explain a lot about it and He didn't.  What did the disciples know about third eyes?

Also, why don't you consider that "eye" was one of the two eyes we have?

I looked this up:

Some in the New Age movement believe that Jesus was speaking of the "single eye" as the "third eye" or inner eye of enlightenment. They say that when humans were first created perfect, they were enlightened by this third eye, but after the fall, it is now only reached through meditation. 2

One author believes that Jesus was talking about a medical condition called "polyopia," which results in multiple visual images and astigmatism, which was was Jesus meant by the "bad eye" that does not have single vision.3

While Wesley's interpretation agrees more with the Scriptures as a whole, we still have to admit that he was guessing at the meaning of the strange phrase, without knowing its cultural context. Christians have the frustrating task of defending one interpretation over another, when are all based in subjective interpretation.

A Cultural Perspective — A Good Eye

A better way to discern what Jesus was saying is to look at his words in the context of his first century culture. All languages have idioms — figures of speech that don't make sense literally, like "raining cats and dogs," "beating around the bush" or "pulling someone's leg." We should expect that Jesus' sayings may contain cultural idioms that we don't understand. Indeed, in the Greek gospels we find many idiomatic phrases that sound awkward or don't make sense in Greek, even though they make perfect sense in Hebrew. 4 By looking at the Semitic idioms in the Old Testament and in Jewish literature of Jesus' day, we can get a much clearer understanding of Jesus' teaching, and have more confidence about Jesus' message.

One interesting hypothesis is that Jesus may have been using a Hebraic idiom that contrasts a "good eye" (ayin tovah) and a "bad eye" or "evil eye" (ayin rah). The Hebraic understanding of "seeing" goes beyond taking in visual information in the eyes — it refers to one's outlook on life and attitude toward others.

An idiom that emerged out this idea is that a person with a "good eye" is generous — he sees the needs of others and wants to help them. In contrast, one with an "bad eye" or "evil eye" is blind to the needs of others and is greedy and focused on his own self-gain. We find these idioms in Proverbs:

Prov. 22:9 He who is generous (literally, has a good eye) will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.

Prov. 23:6 Do not eat the food of a stingy man (literally, an evil eye), do not crave his delicacies; for he is the kind of man who is always thinking about the cost.

Prov. 28:22 A man with a bad eye hastens after wealth and does not know that want will come upon him.
          In fact, Jesus uses the idiom of "evil eye" for greed elsewhere in the gospels. At the end of the parable of the landowner who pays all the laborers the same, the landowner says to the workers, 'Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your eye evil because I am generous?' (Matt. 20:15). The Greek phrase there, "opthalmous sou ponerous" is identical to that in Matt 6:23, the passage that we are examining.

Interestingly, if this is our interpretation of the passage in Matthew 6, Jesus' saying suddenly fits into the larger context of this passage. Here is the longer context of that saying:

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth. (Matt 6:21-24, NASB)
          Right before the "eye" analogy, Jesus tells his listeners to "store up treasures in heaven," which is an idiom for giving money to the poor. 5 Afterward he says, "No one can serve two masters ... you cannot serve God and wealth." (Matt 6:24). If Jesus is using the idioms "good eye" and "evil eye" to mean generosity and greed with money, the teaching about ones "eye" now fits perfectly into a longer saying about how to use money in a way that honors God.

Having a Single Eye

Any hypothesis needs to be re-evaluated in light of new evidence, and one scholar suggests that Jesus may actually be using a slightly different phrase than "good eye," even though he is still contrasting it with a "bad eye." The Greek of the passage does not say "good" (kalos) but "single, simple" (haplous). But, the idea of "singleness of eye" as a virtue is also found in other documents from Jesus' time, and "singleness"(haplotes) as a virtue is used several other places in the New Testament.6 This can also give us insight on Jesus' meaning in this passage. One document reads:

"I never slandered anyone, nor did I censure the life of any man, walking as I did in singleness of eye" (3:4)... "And now hearken to me, my children, and walk in singleness of heart… The single [minded] man covets not gold… There is no envy in his thoughts, nor [does he] worry with insatiable desire in his mind. For he walks in singleness, and beholds all things in uprightness of heart… Keep, therefore, my children, the law of God, and attain singleness...7
          Here the idea of "singleness of eye" means sincerity, simplicity, and a freedom from envy for money. It is the opposite of having a "double heart" as in Psalm 12:2: "They speak falsehood to one another; with flattering lips and with a double heart they speak." A person with a "single eye" is one of integrity who does not have a secret agenda of self-advancement. Along with sincerity of spirit, he also has an integrity toward money that keeps him from covetousness and greed. Another passage from about the same time also gives insight:

The good man has not an eye of darkness that cannot see; for he shows mercy to all men, sinners though they may be, and though they may plot his ruin … His good mind will not let him speak with two tongues, one of blessing and one of cursing, one of insult and one of compliment, one of sorrow and one of joy, one of hypocrisy and one of truth, one of poverty and one of wealth; but it has a single disposition only, simple and pure, that says the same thing to everyone. 8
          Interestingly this passage talks about a man's "eye" in terms of his caring for the needs of others, and contrasts an "eye of darkness" to a disposition of "singleness." The contrast is between pretending to care about others with an inward attitude of self-advancement, compared to having a genuine concern for others, without hidden motives. Some phrases here are very similar to the book of James. 9

Read more:

http://www.egrc.net/articles/director/a … _1203.html

It is now clear that Jesus was using an idiom used in that day.  Your one eye is compared to doing good and the other to doing bad.

The third eye is defined as the seat of Christ consciousness.

" ... Take heed that no one deceives you.  For many will come in My name, saying, I am the Christ; and will deceive many. Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ' or There! do not believe it ..." Matthew 24:4,5,23-27

Do not let the devil deceive you.

Now that I debunked the claim that Jesus was an occultist, we are left with the Catholic Church steeped in the occult.

There is nothing to show Jesus ever existed at all.  Simply a myth those with little education put stock in.  Most of these were indoctrinated from an early age into fundamentalist churches and have no clue as to his origin.  They also buy into outrageous conspiracy theories including symbols such as the "eye" motif.

They disparage similar beliefs but feel theirs is better somehow.  Delusion is believed as a matter of course.  There is no simple cure for this malady.

There isn't a question of His existence, only His divinity.  Not many people deny He ever existed, even atheists.

And where did you get this info, Claire?  There are plenty of folks who doubt Jesus existed.  In fact, outside of the old novel there is no mention of Jesus at all by the those who lived in the same area and time as he did.  Among all of the events and out of the ordinary happenings of his time, the most famous historians never mentioned a word about him.

You'd think with all of the supposed miracles he performed some of the historians in his area would have brought up his name. Even Roman records--surprisingly thorough for the day--make no mention of Jesus, even though a trial was supposed to have taken place.  Nope, just a made up player in the old superstitious myth.  End of story. 

First of all, you assume all documentation survived and Jesus was not a noted figure until Christianity started gaining ground.  So why report on Him? There were other miracle workers.  As for the trial, He was just another common criminal.  However, Jerusalem burnt to the ground in 70AD so who knows what was lost?

Josephus, an historian, mentioned Jesus.  It is known there is Christian interpolation in it known he did write about Jesus.  Historian Tacitus also wrote about Jesus. 

Find more here:

http://thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html

You see, you buy into pure historical BS.  The writings of Josephus were corrupted by the church many tears after he died, Claire.  It is well known by scholars that the parts mentioning Jesus were added in hundreds of years later to try and give a bit of credibility to the existence of Jesus because it was embarrassing to them he wasn't mentioned by any of the contemporary historians.

I knew you would bring up Josephus, your type always do.  Sorry, but no one ever remembered him at all.  Not even close to a good try!  :lol;

You should try giving some credible links, not those from laughable fundy sites.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image76
                    DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are correct...Josephus did write about Jesus...But it was in regards to the beliefs of the christians...not that he was or wasn't a real person. He was simply stating that there was a new religious follower called christians, that held a belief in a messiah, who they felt was a son of God and they called him Jesus. (from the Complete works of Josephus. I have the book.)

Well so you understand exorcisms performed by Christian ministers is an occult act.  So if you are taking all occult practices to be outside Christianity, you are mistaken.  You can't have one rule for you and another for the rest of humanity.

Now to you being angered. Try to stay centered.   Again, you are misinterpreting the understanding of the eye.  The all seeing eye is the way inward.  It is the centering structure that leads one to integrity of the highest.  But you have to use it.

Now I'm sure Jesus would want you to do these practices so you too can be an expert on what this centering structure can do for you.  Only by you doing this can you understand what he was wanting you to do.  Seriously you can't be an expert, or all knowing unless you actually know.  And to know is to see and experience.

Your one eye is the only one to trust and it leads within yourself. It is not what you see outside, it is not one of the sensual senses.   Jesus was trying to tell you that.  You have missed the teaching.  Everything you have said or quoted regarding the eye confirms what I have said.

The eye of Horus, Ra etc predates Jesus.  Jesus knew the knowledge of this all seeing eye and he used it accordingly.  Hindus know this, Buddhists know this, Christians who actually do the real Christian practices know this too. New Agers are very young on the scene and they are just picking up on western esoteric knowledge. 

I think it's fascinating you have gone to so much trouble to dig out all these alternate teachings.  I really believe God is trying to tell you something.  All the sign posts are there in front of you.  Open your Eye, the one in the middle and use it.

And the 'devil' has deceived you Claire, because any teaching that takes you away from yourself, away from the center of yourself, loving something external to you, is what the devil wants most of all.  And he has succeeded hasn't he. sad

Boo hoo.  Do you not understand that your beliefs are SELF-orientated.  It's about your enlightenment and not about serving Jesus.  I don't want Christ consciousness.  It's blasphemy and a deception as Jesus said.

It is true that the Catholic exorcism rites is based on the Rites of Solomon.  However, Satan cannot cast out Satan.  Without the love of the Holy Spirit, demons cannot be driven out. 

I actually say this out of concern but this is a, "Get behind me, Satan!" moment.  Do not coax me into the enemy's territory.  I do not know if you are aware of what you are doing or not.

I cannot argue with you further if you won't take my arguments into consideration.  It's a fact that Jesus never mentioned the third eye.  Period.

16. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 11 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFHcOw9I … re=related

100,000 to die at Olympics?

Lot's of 'eye' points in it....

17. Jewels profile image82

Oh oh!!  And those exorcisms that are done by priests to cast out the devil in people.  That's a Christian occult practice.  That's occult stuff in action.

1. frogdropping profile image76

I cast out some left over curry last night, using choice words and thinly veiled biblical epithets. I'm not sure if the curry was possessed but my dog kept staring at it. OH said it was the smell (a vindaloo).

All I know is that curry had to go. It was hotter than Hades.

18. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 11 years ago

Empress I was sharing the site, not the article on the homepage - but I agree with you.

You can find anything in ... anything, if you look hard enough. However far back in the history of man you go (and even this is subjective according to your beliefs *meh*) there will always be:

light vs dark
    good vs evil
    love vs hate
    Yoda vs Darth Vader

Personally I have a tendency to occasionally stare hard at the floor as I walk, in the hope that by staring intently enough I will find money. Probably someone else's but *shrugs* finders keepers.

I like it when folks ask these kind of questions. Means I have en excuse to eat popcorn.

1. profile image0

And what compulsive reading it is, too - been browsing it when I should've been working.

Case in point, this one about the Georgia Guidestones:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersite … idestones/

Assuming these Guidestones actually exist and the article isn't a wind-up, I have just one thing to say to their creators: if you're advocating a reduction in the world population to 500 million (from its present 7 billion or thereabouts), can you please do the decent thing and offer yourselves up for culling first?

19. look4signs profile image60
    look4signsposted 11 years ago

Yes, I believe you Claire about these eye signs!

Because I was just going to eat a cake when I noticed on the top pastry lattice a shape of a pyramid and an image of the eye in the middle...I thought this strange and didn't really think about it until I started noticing eyes everywhere, even on people....Needless to say I didn't take a photo of the offending cake as I thought that might be a bad sign or bad omen for me or even the Baker who made the cake.

It's our responsibility as human beans to report such signs to our local authorities, the more people that seeand notice them, we can band together and rid the world of such imagery....

I'm off to go and make some beans on toast and if I find another eye in the beans I will be sharing the photo and to hell with the consequences!

20. jacharless profile image73

After reading through all the posts, Claire, it is blatantly obvious you are obsessed with the all seeing eye, occult, etc. Someone who spends so much time/energy into "revealing" things on a particular subject is either a historian, for the sake of history, or cultist themselves, by comparison. Just like Christians who are obsessed with chasing the "devil". I recently said to this to someone else, Christians spend 95% of their time either chasing demons/devils, trying to "reveal" the works of these "entities" proving these entities powerful/able through the text, else scared to death of them, rather than manifesting what their entire doctrine is about! I further explained, it seems people have become so "bored" with the core doctrine, they feel it necessary to seek after other "doctrines, be it demons, paganism, evil, etc. Why are the "lights" of the world so obsessed with darkness??? Could it be because there is no light in them -well there is light, but it is artificial.

Consider another analogy: atheist v theist. Just here on Hub Pages, the largest of commentators/contributors, specifically in the Religion/Philosophy Forum, are atheists. Which means they too are equally obsessed with these doctrines. If it was just for the sake of polite conversation, things would be much a different story. But the evidence is more than obvious.

Something to think about. As was written, "What a person meditates on, day and night, in their heart, they become." So, what are you meditating on, day and night? The occult, Illuminati, devils, demons, evil schemes, conspiracy theories, an Armageddon, etc --- or 100% pure light and love?

And please, do not roar back that you have been commission/commanded to seek out and reveal darkness, because I know better. The "believing" have been commissioned to bring Light into the world -meaning to manifest the Kingdom of Heaven, which is within.

Furthermore, I never read anywhere that Y`shua went chasing after darkness. If fact, just the opposite -darkness was chasing after him -both to help and harm. Kinda throws a big monkey-wrench in the Law of Attraction Theory, now doesn't it.

Lastly, regardless of these "dark things" going on, your belief system says, "God is in control" and I am positive he doesn't need assistance to "fight darkness".

James

21. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

Hello everyone, Claire is temporarily banned from the forums, I think I already know which troll nazi would be responsible.  Later.

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure Claire is responsible for her own banning.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It could be part of the big conspiracy wink

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually I don't know if I was alone in it but I reported her for a personal attack that wasn't aimed at me or really anyone I particularly like in a forum thread that I wasn't posting in... So I guess I am the troll Nazi... or she made a blatant personal attack that was completely her own doing... whichever.

She called me an ignorant fool!

I got better though.

big_smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
          MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like you considerably more now.  MP&THG references always raise my opinion of someone.

When does one draw the line? I won't say that offended f word but this is what it is:

Fool: Noun: a person who acts unwisely or impudently, a silly person: "what a fool I was to do this."

Really, do you think this was ban-worthy ESPECIALLY since you were jeering at me?

If I had to do what you did, there would be much fewer people on the forums I start.

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Suffice it to say; you learned nothing from your recent experience?

Emile, I'm just really surprised.  I can't believe someone could be offended by that especially if it wasn't true.  I'm probably taken aback because I am so lenient on those who jeer at me.

1. profile image0

Claire. I tried Hub Pages out a couple of years ago. I started a joke thread, was having great fun until an angry atheist pushed me past the point of humor. I told him that conversing with him was about like having a conversation with a brick wall. I got banned. They said permanently.

A year later, I'm allowed to join. I learned my lesson. I looked back for your comment. You called DH an ignorant fool. All things considered, a couple of days in time out for you was fairly lenient.

I think it's ridiculous they banned you for saying that.  I don't understand these Hubpages moderators.  My comment was harsher than yours so three days in their standards is very short.

Anyway, I've found another discussion forum should I get banned permanently.

1. profile image0

The general rule of thumb appears to be direct barbs at ideas, not people. I've made some incredibly harsh statements concerning your Satan posts, but that isn't directed at you. It's sometimes hard to see the difference, when a subject is near and dear to you.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

I didn't report you Claire.

Great.  It was obvious someone being spiteful.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
                psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't see that is matter who reported you.  There are rules and you either follow them or you don't.

Provided those rules are reasonable.  We should at least get warnings at first.

2. frogdropping profile image76

You're a troll nazi? Wow Melissa you go girl lol

I need to check in more often, HP is getting real vicious smile

@ Disappearinghead - more lol

1. profile image0

You mean it's getting more like primary school. "Ummmmm, I'm telling Miss on you!"

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'll keep an eye out for her.

22. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

or the eye is the responsible, or the conspiracy, jk

23. look4signs profile image60
    look4signsposted 11 years ago

It's the Eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight....er and you get the idea with that one. smile

24. Disappearinghead profile image60

One eye plod is watching you.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/05/30 … policeman/

"Tendrils of darkness robbing my liberty, violating me and all the while the eye, the unblinking eye watches. Oh God, the eye. I'm sorry I can't go on can I stop this now."

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 11 years ago

Hmm.

"In Hoffman's Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare, he states that "...the Revelation of the Method has as its chief component, a clown-like, grinning mockery of the victim(s) as a show of power and macabre arrogance. When this is performed in a veiled manner accompanied by certain occult sign and symbolical words and elicits no meaningful response of opposition or resistance from the target(s), it is one of the most efficacious techniques of psychological warfare and mind-rape...""

http://www.konformist.com/flicks/eyeswideshut.htm

and...

"That being said, it would be overly simplistic to blame “Satan” for all that happened. In fact, the puppeteers would love to see a scared and confused population blaming everything on a non-human scapegoat, releasing actual men and women from the accountability of their actions. Even LaVey’s Church of Satan is a Hollywood-style, theatrical comedy compared to the real actors on the world stage. Secret cabals, evolving at the higher echelons of society, are the true puppeteers here and they avoid media attention. By distorting and corrupting ancient esoteric teachings to fit their needs, the rulers have given themselves a loose moral code to justify their actions.  They have usurped “true science”, which was inspired by the laws of nature, to create a toxic by-product serving power and greed. The masses, deemed “profane” and unworthy of the Truth, are bewildered spectators at a sick puppet show, not even realizing they are watching puppets. For this reason, it is important to lift the curtain and see what is happening behind the scenes. Once we truly see the sick puppeteers pulling the strings, we will, hopefully, snap out of our hypnotic state and walk out of the show."

http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/ … hollywood/

Any comments?

Oh I don't know hmm Sure there are private drinking clubs where the rich and powerful sit around discussing economics and sipping a single malt, agreeing an agenda to lobby their respective governments. But is this malevolent or is it just some rich people looking after their own interests? And if they want to cavort about in a circle with rolled up trouser legs, barking like a chicken, well pwff, haven't we all done that after a few beers? Well, maybe we wore traffic cones on our heads instead.

I agree, it's too simplistic to blame a separate entity - call that Satan for use of a better term.  The thing is we all bought into what's going on.  Easy to say it's ignorance, but in effect it is.  We got really lazy and hypnotized by authorities and slept while our world was being molded around us.  And this has been to our detriment.  The 1% who are basking in their glories have done so because the 99% lost control of  intelligence, and the ability to stand our ground.

This is where the study of memes comes in handy.  The hypnotizing was done in such a way, we didn't know it was happening.  Check out Edward Bernays and how public relations molded the United States and spread like cancer everywhere else.  And with religions - followers don't know they are being molded either.  No different to children being molded to the beliefs of their parents, and workers being molded to the structure of their companies policy manual and productive output.

It's a force we all bought into - like lambs to the slaughter.  It's not one individual (Satan or the devil).  We all got sucked in.

As for the Illuminati and secret societies, why not.  I personally don't know - haven't walked in on a room full of candles and someone being sacrificed yet.  But it probably happens somewhere.  Maybe even Vatican City does these things, who would know.

2. paradigmsearch profile image58
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0311/n6543_ing_full.jpg
      Now THIS is an eye... big_smile

That's pretty. smile

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

That's where lucifer lives. More evidence that the Greys are not aliens but in fact demons who have come to do satanic experiments on us. big_smile

3. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 11 years ago

The standard Christianity of today was considered NEW Age 100 years ago.

Yes it was Jerami, and this form of Christianity has morphed into that which it is not supposed to be.  Jesus would turn in his grave - not that he has one smile

4. cheaptrick profile image73
      cheaptrickposted 11 years ago

My ex wife did her eyes like the ASE...Kinda like having her around all the time.Gives me that same false sense of security and familiar paranoid fear that I had when we were married smile
      God how I miss that girl!

Satan is confined to earth. Everything that is, is as it should be. Can't deviate from the plan...deviation is impossible. Watch the dominoes fall, Step by step...can't skip steps.

How about listing the steps we've taken, if you can, along with those still to be encountered. 

2. Druid Dude profile image60

Kinda like raising a kid...first they just lay there, then they crawl, then they stand. Next thing you know, they're running off, swipin' apples from the forbidden tree, then they turn into teenagers, thinking they know EVERYTHING, so, ya gotta knock 'em down so they can get back up. All of a sudden, they aren't your babies anymore, runnin' around doing their own Sodom and Gomorrah thing with the Japanese. One day, you look around, and they are creating their own planets and propagating their own lifeforms in their own image and such. Makes a mother PROUD!

Oh! I'm sorry! Were you speaking to me? Maybe I should go ask Cagsil....he's your babysitter, right?

Did you actually look at the quote box to see who I was responding to, DD?  that's what it is for, as you are apparently unaware.  What is so difficult about understanding how these forums work?  If I quote you in the box, then voila, I'm responding to you!  If you quote yourself, apparently you are speaking to yourself.  So from now on if you insist on using the quotes wrong, then do not address me anymore.  Thanks!

Oh, gee...I'm heartbroken. Boo hoo. Can't take the heat. So, you are nit-picking. It be nice if you fellas didn't comment on OLD comments. Besides, when Cag butted in, it was clear you were both speaking to me. I use the reply button because when I use the 'post a reply' it takes forever to get outta there., It's not me qouting my quote, it is my attempt, bad as it is, to keep it timely. Way better than commenting to someone who left hours ago on a flight to Bimini.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)