A new and Improved KKK?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

by David Beasley

ATLANTA | Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23am EDT

(Reuters) - A Ku Klux Klan chapter wants to spruce up a stretch of roadway in northern Georgia, creating a legal quandary for transportation officials as they consider the white supremacy group's "adopt a highway" application.

In the Missouri case, a federal appeals court said requiring a group such as the Klan to alter its membership requirements in order to qualify for the adopt-a-highway program would "censor its message and inhibit its constitutionally protected conduct."
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/ … Z120120611
    The KKK wants to be thought of as another civic minded group and claim to not be haters anymore.what do you think?

1. American View profile image62
      American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So they want to pick up trash on the side of the road, wonder if they will pick themselves up. I cannot believe the Supreme Court rules in favor of allowing the KKK to be a civic group. Is not much civil about these guys

2. syzygyastro profile image81
      syzygyastroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Two words: Public Relations!

1. syzygyastro profile image81
        syzygyastroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if they are supersized?

3. Ramsa1 profile image63
      Ramsa1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ridiculous. The only way the KKK can improve its image is to disband itself.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image60
      Jonathan Jancoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Klan is always trying to spruce up their image as folksy folks who couldnt hate if they tried. They are even resorting to political correctness to gain folllowers. Yes, really. The KKK is about as compatible with political correctness as G.G. Allin is compatible with Enya.
      But they're really doing this. They're not white supremacists anymore. They're racially aware people of European descent. I'll give them one thing: they've got serious balls to make a claim like that.
      Just what exactly does 'racially aware' mean, anyway?
      I'm aware of my European heritage. And if I happen to marry a woman of European descent, I think I will be aware of that too.
      smile

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think it's great!
        Maybe they can incite a little politically correct competition.
        Coming soon: "This stretch of road sponsored by Hell's Angels."

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

The KKK isn't going to be able to eliminate the stench attached to themselves after all these years. To think they could is ridiculous.

A leopard doesn't change it's spot regardless of how you dress it up to appear.

1. stclairjack profile image77
      stclairjackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ageed,... as we say where i'm from,... if you pick up a turd and look it over carefully, then shape it and dry it out in the sun,.. then paint it gold,... its still a turd.

1. profile image0
        paxwillposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What if you glue rhinestones on it?

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
          Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. stclairjack profile image77

oh hell yea!!!,..... nope,... wait,... still a turd,.... or elvis,.... maybe an elvis turd?,.... oooh ooooh ooooh,..... that liberaci fellow, played the flamboyant piano,... even though i cant spell his name,... i'm willing to bet his turds sparkled! lol

2. lone77star profile image73
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Cags. And no matter what the American government calls the Patriot Act, it's still tyranny. To borrow from Shakespeare, a turd by any other name will smell just as bad. But it's amazing how long people hold their noses with something like government tyranny. Normalcy bias!

KKK is merely a symptom of a much larger problem. It may merely have been a testing ground for the real evil in the world, just as Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia may have been.

I never had fancied myself as a conspiracy theorist until I discovered facts that show our world is not what I used to think it is.

3. Bedbugabscond profile image93
    Bedbugabscondposted 11 years ago

Are they just trying to stir up some trouble?

But, but the  KKK are Christians, you mean no anybody feels sad for their lost in all the power they once.had.  What about all those slaves they don't own anymore, and what about all those white Christmases they used to enjoy?

Can anyone see their burning desires?

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

The more you stir it up the more it stinks.

1. stclairjack profile image77

even covered in rhinestones it still stinks! lol

I wonder if you can get your PHD in the KKK

PHD- Piled Higher & Deeper

4. eternals3ptember profile image58
    eternals3ptemberposted 11 years ago

Its the KKK from Reno 911!

What's cooking KKK 911/

Do you think the KKK can build a hate-less Highway

5. TheMagician profile image87
    TheMagicianposted 11 years ago

Highway to Hell

6. Hypersapien profile image43
    Hypersapienposted 11 years ago

You mean a group whose central message for 150 years has been hate and intolerance wants to show a little love for something???  That's the best joke I've heard all day!!!

Clearly they're just looking for something they can point at and say, "See, we do other things besides hate people who've never done anything to us."

1. lone77star profile image73
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And could it be part of a larger deception? There may be one group who wants to get rid of 6 billion of the poor and non-elite.

When the American government can sell tyranny as "patriotic" then we are in trouble. Hitler did it nearly a century ago. His false flag operation was the burning of the Reichstag. Ours appears to have been 9/11. All those pesky iron spheres in the fine, powdery concrete dust are a dead giveaway. Controlled demolition! And Al Qaeda didn't have months of unfettered access to those highly-secure buildings. But Bush family members were on the board of directors of the security company, if that's any indication.

7. profile image0
    rickyliceaposted 11 years ago

The KKK will soon rebrand themselves as a white civil rights advocacy group.

David Duke former Grand Wizard of the KKK is a white civil rights advocate. The other day he endorsed an african american for congress.
    And like many people concerned about human rights abuses he shows an undying concern and sympathy for the Palestinians.
    In fact he now condemns others as the "real racists".

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6877202_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
      rickyliceaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It truly is a positive turn for race relations in the United States.
      lol

Being Sarcastic, just in case you can't tell.

8. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Learning the shocking truth of anything usually starts with disbelief, then bewilderment and mockery, and finally sobriety and acceptance. We may not like it, but knowledge of truth is preferable to the false bliss of ignorance... especially when we finally see the storm clouds of oblivion on the horizon.

There's another group of haters who meet in secret, wear robes with pointed hoods and burn things in effigy. The Bohemian Grove in California has hosted presidents, industry leaders and other elite. No cameras allowed, but their secrets have been exposed, nonetheless.

The way the US Constitution has been shredded in the last few years and the now irrefutable evidence that 9/11 was an inside job (only conveniently blamed on Al Qaeda as a patsy), I suspect that some of what the conspiracy theorists hypothesize may be true about these guys. Supposedly, they want to kill most of the non-elite! According to the "Georgia Guidestones" someone (who?) has planned the extermination of 6 billion of the "surplus population." Sounds downright Scrooge-like. Almost biblical. Apparently 500 million is a more manageable number of slaves for Planet Earth.

This makes the abuses of the KKK seem absolutely tame by comparison.

If the late Aaron Russo was telling the truth in his last interview, then the Rockefellers knew about 9/11 at least a year before it happened. They were greedily looking forward to it -- the murder of thousands in America (9/11) and hundreds of thousands in the Middle East -- all for money and power. No wonder many of our soldiers have become disgusted with the task they've been given. No wonder one soldier apologized to an Iraqi for what American leaders were having him and his fellow soldiers do to the Iraqi people. And no wonder the Iraqis who were previously non-violent have become angry enough to fight back against the American terrorism.

And I thought for 10 years that  Al Qaeda might be the beast of Revelation. Boy was I wrong. The real multi-headed beast is the many heads of industry which feed on the lives of innocents to slake its thirst for money and power. Mammon, ego, selfishness of gargantuan proportions!

For over a decade, I couldn't figure out how George W. Bush became our president. It seemed to me sheer lunacy that such a goof -- a buffoon -- could be placed in such a high office. All of his Bushisms grated on my sense of balance in the state of world affairs. Recently, I learned that he spent most of his time, before 9/11, on vacation! Down on the ranch, in Texas, not far from my home town! Comedians had an unusually fine crop of grist for their humor mill. Lubya was the dumbya best for ridicule.

Why was he there in the highest (visible) seat of the land? Subtle camouflage? If you were about to pull the biggest "false flag" deception since Operation Northwoods was written (1963), and wanted to deflect suspicion away from the government, who would you choose as your figurehead? You got it. G.W. The government couldn't have pulled off 9/11! See how much a buffoon Georgie is?

I had one otherwise seemingly bright individual comment on one of my most recent hubs that such a secret could not have been kept. No doubt that individual will never buy the idea of a conspiracy.

Let's see. No conspiracy has ever happened in the history of planet Earth. Bankers are never greedy. No one has ever committed murder or even mass murder for personal gain. And governments always tell the truth. What was I thinking?!

Supposedly, we have a conspiracy behind the New World Order that George H.W. Bush talked about on September 11, 1990 -- exactly 11 years before 9/11 (these guys like symbolism, like the robes of Bohemian Grove, the rituals of Skull and Bones, and more). If that conspiracy is true, then 9/11 was the big event they were all waiting for to kick off the final stretch to the New World Order.

I suppose in their own simple-minded way they think they're doing humanity a service -- eliminating war forever. But at what cost?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)