trouble eating

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years ago

I just wanted to share, that I've experienced "eating issues" for a very long time, and no- it's not intentional at all, I'm not purposely "starving myself".

I think it began with a medicine I'm taking

For years and especially recently, it's getting worse.

When I took it at night, I'd get ravenously hungry
    but during the day had little appetite and needed to movitvate myslef to eat.

Currently I keep "easy to eat" foods on my kitchen counter.
    The easiest food for me to eat w/ minium or no prep:

pepperoni
    chobani yogurt
    cottage cheese
    humus
    hot dogs
    hard boiled eggs

those are a few.
    and I'll drink milk, juice, (thinking of ensure for viatmins) and water and seltzer water.

I was finiky eater as a kid. And I don't care for sugar or much flavor though I enjoy a delicious meal out

I drink my tea black
    I don't require a whole lot of flavor but I have my fav dishes my friend cooks.

I'm not sure what to do, as I feel i have to literally force myself to eat when I can't take the hunger anymore and when it affect my brain functioning

Any suggestions?

My doctor refused to belive it's the med, but I myself have noticed it getting worse and I have acid reflux too.

thank you . smile

1. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Take a look at this:

http://www.rawfoodlife.com/#axzz20wrYXhiL

It sounds as if you are to acidic, which given your 'diet' is to be expected, but acidic bodies are not good news, so change to a diet that will provide natural organic (as opposed to chemically produced) vitamins and minerals.

Hummus is a good way to start getting raw vegetables into your body, and broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber and carrot are all excellent veg to use to scoop up hummus, and get the veg you need.

Water is essential to life, but tap or bottled water is normally full of chemicals, I have a pure water tester and tap water will register off the scale (i.e. over 1000 parts per million) of 'other' solids in it. Bottled water is not much better, pure water will register less than 3ppm.

Drink reverse osmosis or distilled water, your body will respond in months as the clean water removes the toxins you have that cause the trouble.

Consider getting a live blood analysis done, you will probably find that you have higher than acceptable mercury poisoning and possibly other problems which can only be seen in live (dark field) blood analysis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en … 7UDbeNyTIs

If you do have mercury toxicity, cilantro (fresh leaves of coriander herb)  and chlorella will leach it out of your body.

Most of us have mercury from vaccines and old tooth fillings.

Email me off the profile page if you want more info.

John

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

I don't know  if any of these ideas will help, but here goes...

When I was going to have my daughter I had lots of acid "issues" the whole time.  If my stomach got empty it got worse, of course, and then I'd feel too sick to even be able to imagine eating.  I stuck with very bland foods.

The same foods don't cause everyone acid problems; but based on what I know about the list you have there, both pepperoni and hot dogs are likely to cause heartburn.  I love hummus, but if I was feeling heart-burny I wouldn't be able to eat it.  It's a little harsh.  Boiled hot dogs are less likely than fried/grilled to cause heartburn.  Tap water can cause some people heart burn.  Plain spring water can cause it in some (and adding a hint of flavor, like a tiny bit of Tang) can help.  Anything carbonated (eve water, and maybe especially water) can cause heartburn.  Some juices are more likely than others to cause it, so doing something like adding a little water to orange juice and staying away from the really "sharp tasting" juices, like pineapple, may help.

I have my tea Black too, but if I didn't put sugar in it, it would give me heartburn.  So does letting the tea get too strong.  Or what about adding some milk to the tea?

This isn't the most low-calorie thing in the world, but when I was having my daughter I found that I had to have something like light, white, toast (bland and "gentler" than wheat or dark white toast), plain noodles, or saltine crackers with or without whatever else I ate, because it just seemed as if that helped fend off the acid.  Something like a thin layer of a light margarine or (gross as this is) a slice of American cheese with the toast or crackers meant it wasn't completely starch only (and made the toast more edible).   I could also often eat an iceberg-lettuce (again, milder) and tomato sandwich on white bread.  Something easy (and "mild") might be a Nutrigrain waffle with some blueberries.  Are you, maybe, (or might you want to) put the boiled egg in a sandwich?   Since you eat meat, what about, maybe, the ready-to-use chunks of chicken sold  in those boxes near the meat counter (maybe with a small roll as a sandwich), or what about ready-to-eat tuna cups, or something like a basic peanutbutter (thin layer) sandwich?  Or - like - Kraft Old English cheese spread (which is milder than Wispride and some others) on bread or bland crackers (like, maybe, the buttercrisp Toasteds?).

I'm not prone to heartburn (at all), but even these days when I don't really feel like eating or don't feel all that great; I'll resort to eating the noodles out of a can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup.  I always scoop out of the 9-13 pieces of chicken (roll), add just a hint more water than they recommend, and may/may not drink at least a little of the "juice" on the side.

When I was going to have my daughter I could at least fend off the borderline nausea from the acid, so then I'd be able to eat some vegetables  (sometimes, anyway)

It just looks to me like, maybe, you have a very acid-aggravating list of foods there; and I'm wondering if you have something going on like I did when I was expecting my daughter - the thing with your stomach not getting "lined" enough to fend off the borderline nausea that makes a person feel like she can't imagine what on Earth she could eat.  hmm Some medicines do aggravate acid, so I'm just thinking the list of foods and whatever medicines you have could be a bad mix.

I'm just wondering if you "bland up" what you eat when you get so you feel like you can't imagine eating, whether you'd later be able to go back to the foods you like (at least sometimes).

schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I took my pill, prescribed, that I mentioned about 9pm and around 11pm I started enjoying eating. I swear it's that pill!!!

A peanut better sandwich sounds great!!

smile maybe I'll show my docotr this thread roll smile LOL

3. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

Ask a pharmacists or look up the side effects for the medicine you are taking. Pharmacists are more knowledgeable drug interactions than doctors. 
    Humus is on your list, do eat it with with celery or crackers.  I love it that way   It tastes good with eggs too.
    If you don't want to talk to a pharmacists at least Google the side effects.
    Years ago I was taking Motrin for a back injury.  About the 5th or 6th day I could hardly move I was so numb..  I went to the doctor; he said some people do become numb while taking Motrin. .

schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks tireless smile

4. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Not every day but I get that way, too.
    Where I just have to force myself to eat because I need to. And nothing sounds good.
    I always keep a can of nuts in the cabinet to snack on.
    An apple and some peanut butter is quick and satisfying, too.

If the acid reflux is really bothering you (regardless of whether certain foods are aggravating it) have you thought of taking an acide reducer? They really do work!

MM

1. tirelesstraveler profile image60
      tirelesstravelerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The young adults in our house eat only what sounds good.  When presented with anything they don't have to prepare they frequently change their minds think what's before them sounds good. I guess I am the same way.

5. tussin profile image57
    tussinposted 11 years ago

If you think it's the meds and the doctor doesn't, see a different doctor and get a second opinion. Another doctor can prescribe you an alternative medication for whatever it is that you are taking pills for. Maybe a different med won't have this annoying side effect.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)