How can I increase traffic?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (27 posts)
  1. richardsjohnpaul profile image60
    richardsjohnpaulposted 11 years ago

Please give me some tips on how to build traffic on your site.

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Drive a car and then park your car sideways on a road and build up the traffic...funnel it to your website with half of a cut up plastic bottle!

richardsjohnpaulposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ok, got it!!!!

2. caleb89 profile image59
      caleb89posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know, but when you figure it out let me know lol.

3. Lipnancy profile image79
      Lipnancyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My best method is to choose  good keywords. The keyword research often takes me longer than writing my hub. Then let Google do the work for you.

4. johnakc profile image40
      johnakcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

By optimizing your website as per all the google's guidelines and making some good quality effective backlinks from good sites is a right way to get traffic. Even through social media you can get much traffic for example by effective blogging, sharing your content in social media sites and networking sites properly, and increasing your follower base in twitter and facebook.

Also there are some more techniques to get traffic.

5. RichFatCat profile image85
      RichFatCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Put links to your site everywhere http://richfatcat.hubpages.com/

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Richard smile don't mind Waynet wink I think he had too much coffee lol I highly recommend you use the Search bar at the top left and view the forums and lots of Hubs about 'generating traffic'.

It's okay Dame, Thank you...

2. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes I think it is too much coffee! lol big_smile

3. antondel profile image40
    antondelposted 11 years ago

Play nice.
    The easiest reply would be to google, or search hubpages for that matter, on ways to improve traffic. There is generally to fool proof method. Just propagate your link(not spam) around the net, include topical keywords and hope for the best.

Thanks....

4. carlarmes profile image66
    carlarmesposted 11 years ago

If you want to get short term traffic use Google Adwords, if you play the game right with them you can get the cost down to $0.01 per click. it gets any page indexed by Google almost instantly and then you can turn the google adwords off again so that it does not cost too much.

5. blessed365 profile image64
    blessed365posted 11 years ago

You can increase traffic by becoming more visible on social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Be sure to add your website to all those networking sites. It is important to join forums and become active on social networking sites to get friends or followers. You should also Ping your blog when you write them and update them. This has helped my traffic in a great way. I use PingFarm to ping my blogs and articles.

6. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Do you really think using a Bit.ly link will hide the fact you are spamming this forum? lol

1. Imagine-works profile image55
      Imagine-worksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No I really dnt think so.  Wasn't the piece above informative enough for this post.

7. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Well if you think you are providing valuable information in your post, then you had best delete the link, because spamming is not permitted here. If a moderator notices the post, it will be deleted and you may even be faced with a forum ban.

1. Imagine-works profile image55
      Imagine-worksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ok cool.... I will remove the link..... Thank you....

8. addingsense profile image60
    addingsenseposted 11 years ago

i agree with WriteAngled. She is right about that

9. SoManyPaths profile image58
    SoManyPathsposted 11 years ago

well, you can't play follow the leader. Sooner or later the dominant tyrannic SE slaps you so get it from everywhere you can.

10. briars2roses profile image58
    briars2rosesposted 11 years ago

I think it depends on what your marketing?   Is this your own product?  Are you doing affiliate marketing or a Cpa?  MLM?   

I suggest that when people start out in marketing they start with a CPA.. because you do learn all the marketing tricks for getting referrals or driving traffic.. plus it's daily pay.   

I know a great CPA.. msg me if you want.   Even if you dont' want to make a living this way I would join and work the program (no cost) for a few months because they have an online training campus that is awesome and they have free software for marketing.   

And than I would drive traffic through free ads.   Like if you are selling a product.. go to free ad sites like craigslist and offer it for sale locally.. (On craigslist you cannot post web addresses) but other free sites you can.    But if someone emails you, you can either individually respond to each one or set up an auto responder driving the traffic to your site

11. zionsphere profile image67
    zionsphereposted 11 years ago

I have found that the best way to increase traffic is to please Google. Make sure your content is solid, and then find non-spammy ways to link to it. Once you are in the search engines, your visits will soar.

12. Bedbugabscond profile image94
    Bedbugabscondposted 11 years ago

I am starting to pay attention. When I do searches I keep my eyes out for hubpages that are ranked on the front page, or in the top three. I look at them and try to figure out what they are doing to get that rank. I am also starting to investigate social media. We will see how that goes.

13. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 11 years ago

"Drive Slower"

14. handsomegenius profile image60
    handsomegeniusposted 11 years ago

This is such an open ended question

You can create referral traffic by posting in forums and on blogs related to your website's topic.  If your site contains engaging content some people might return to it.

You can buy traffic through any of the various CPA and CPM advertising options.

You can rank higher on the search engines for keywords that have traffic.

You can use social networks and web 2.0 sites to drive referral traffic.  If you write about topical issues it can be very easy to get quick bursts of traffic this way actually.

One thing to be aware of is that raw numbers are not everything - thousands and thousands of visitors actually aren't that hard to get.  But a lot of that sort of traffic is often not terribly useful.  If you are interested in getting traffic for any sort of commercial reason then getting visitors that actually want whatever it is you're offering is crucial.

15. SoManyPaths profile image58
    SoManyPathsposted 11 years ago

videos, videos !!

16. Spartan Training profile image60
    Spartan Trainingposted 11 years ago

Something that has worked for me is a newsletter via email to existing clients or through building an opt in email data base. Send a snippet of the newsletter along with a Read More link to your website where the newsletter resides...
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6965994.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)