Pay for Q&A?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

I am $.75 away from getting the first payment...probably some time next month, but I can't see where there is any pay for my Q $ A. When does that come in?

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Q&A go through the Google Adsense program only...

Xenonlitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I wish they would separate it so we can adjust and improve our questions!

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Huh?? Is this something new? Wow, I go to the beach for a while and come back out of the loop!

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When Q&As moved to your sub-domain, the questions began to share the adsense impressions.....

You could opt in (transferring questions to sub-domain) several months ago...and it became mandatory recently

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simey!

3. MarleneBotha profile image61
    MarleneBothaposted 11 years ago

Gee, does it take that long to get your first payment? $50???

1. Helena Ricketts profile image91
      Helena Rickettsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There's a lot of factors involved when it comes to how fast you receive your first payout.  I was here 10 months before I hit my first one.  Missed it in month 9 by less than $3.00.  Some people reach it faster, some take longer.

I think a lot of it depends on what subjects you choose to write about, your views and how many clicks you get on advertisements.  Some categories are worth more to advertisers than others.  The things that I write about are at the lower end when it comes to what advertisers are willing to pay but I write it because they are things I already know about so it doesn't take long to do the articles.

Slow and steady is the key on HubPages.  At least that's how I look at it.

1. MarleneBotha profile image61
        MarleneBothaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'll be fine with it if I wait a year or so before payout... but THREE years and 126 hubs, lol.

Anyway, I've just noticed I still have a lot to learn about Google Adsense... I have no clue about the advertisements, or how any of it works. All I know is that I like to write, and that I can sooner or later get a small income from doing so.

Suppose I'll learn as I go...

2. Aficionada profile image79
          Aficionadaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Have a little perspective, MarleneBotha.

Before the HubPages Ad program was started about a year and a half ago, payout was reached through each program individually. That is, Google and Amazon have their own individual payout levels, and Google's is $100, not $50 (as HubAds is). Once the HubAds program started, a lot of Hubbers switched over to it (instead of Google Adsense), but some did not do so immediately. 

As far as I can tell, you actually have no way of knowing how long someone has been working towards a $50 payout. For all we know (from what I can see in this thread, anyway) she could have been on the HubAds program for only one month - what evidence do we have to know how long it has been? Or to know when the 126 articles were written? Maybe they were all written in the past three months or so? And even if we were actually talking about Google Adsense, we don't really know when someone was accepted into the program, do we?

As Helena Ricketts said, there are numerous factors involved in making payout.

Yes that makes sense...

4. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

Come on! I haven't been writing here for three years!

I signed up three years ago but never wrote here because I wound up making better money elsewhere and still do because they pay up fronts.

1. Helena Ricketts profile image91
      Helena Rickettsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There's a lot of people that have done that.  I have accounts that I signed up with months ago with other sites like this one that I haven't written anything for yet.  I plan to, one of these days.  smile

I didn't notice that you signed up three years ago.  Otherwise, I would have mentioned that you more than likely signed up on the site WAY before you started writing anything.

Xenonlitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Really! It looked like too much work to start at a new site when I was already working at two others. I enjoyed this writing platform, though, and thought I would give it a try. But I want upfront payments plus the pennies for views. It's impossible, otherwise.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)