Introducing A New Hubber

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Faybe Bay profile image63
    Faybe Bayposted 11 years ago

I have been lucky enough to discover a new Hubber. I wouldn't normally bring this up but I am the first person she followed and the first person who followed her. She took her time and has finally published her first hub. I think it would be great if she was welcomed with some views and comments.
    http://sakaki.hubpages.com/

1. MyWebs profile image77
      MyWebsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I went and read her hub, left her a comment and followed her. smile

Faybe Bayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I knew someone from the welcoming committee would show up! big_smile

1. MyWebs profile image77
          MyWebsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not an elite or from the welcoming committee. Just trying to do something nice today.

I've been away awhile, I don't know who's elite or welcoming committee, I just remember you were on the front lines taking up the weekend "Welcoming Wagon" slack back in the day... Oh that just made you sound old, but I've been off for about two years, so you know what I mean. wink

2. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Faybe Bay!!
      Long time and all that...so good to see you again!
      I'm off to check out your new hubber now-
      Thanks for the recommendation...smile

Thanks and it's great to be back and see familiar faces! smile

3. rmichaelf profile image78
      rmichaelfposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
      I just saw the post here, not a "committee" member, but did read her Hub and commented, etc. She writes well and I liked her audience for her first Hub.  Great "Discovery" Faybe Bay!
      michael

Actually she discovered me. I started a series and she found it and started reading before she built her first hub. I am seriously proud of her hard work!

2. ErinElise profile image60
    ErinEliseposted 11 years ago

Hi,
    My name is Erin and I'm not part of the welcoming committee or elite either, but I just happened to see this post -- I will go read her newly published hub and follow her too.  Have a nice day.

Thanks, I felt bad that I was her only contact here. I wanted her to have a nice opening so she keeps it up and doesn't get discouraged.

3. mvillecat profile image67
    mvillecatposted 11 years ago

I left her a message and started following her. She seems like a bright and talented young lady.

4. remaniki profile image78
    remanikiposted 11 years ago

Hi Faybe Bay,
    If so many people have gone and read her hub and following her, I must too; I appreciate your recommendation. Nice of you to introduce a newcomer and welcome her. I am off to her hub too. Cheers, Rema.

1. Wesley Meacham profile image61
      Wesley Meachamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If all these same people jumped off a bridge....

I'm just saying...

I know, but it's the weekend. I just came back after two years and the old forum introducing new hubbers is gone. There were two, one was for new hubbers to come in and introduce themselves, the other was for us to go and find a new hubber to introduce. I remember when I was new and I got my first welcome. It's magical. These new hubbers are following me and my new series, it seems only fair.

I didn't know that. Those forums must have been gone before I joined.

Really I was just poking fun at the way she said what she said.
          What you're doing is actually very nice and may well be helpful.

No problem, I was just looking for it and thought you might know. I missed all the changes. SOOO many changes! I hate the new Hub Hopper, you can't like or comment just those bars for ratings. It would take forever with my browser, lol. Anyway she was so excited when she got the welcome. It was cool to see how excited her replies were. smile

I don't like the new hub hopper but then I didn't care much for the old one.

I can imagine that she would be excited.

yeah. it was cool. if you have time to look at her comments section you'll know why I did it, so worth it! She's really grateful, I wish I could just make money helping newbies, lol.

2. remaniki profile image78
        remanikiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Wesley,
        You were making fun of my statement?  I am not sure. Generally our actions depend on the recommendation of someone we trust. I follow(ed) Faybe Bay's recommendation (and I know some of the others too) with the belief that anyone she recommends is worth looking up, hence such a statement. Cheers, Rema.

2. Faybe Bay profile image63

Thanks! I remember when I was new. She's so grateful for the welcome!

5. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 11 years ago

I read the hub and I hope our support will spur her on to write many more. Thanks for the update.

Thank you Pamela, Mvillecat and Remaniki!  I hate to ask but I have discovered another, this one is from Nigeria. http://adept2012.hubpages.com/ I read the hub about writing sites. Joined 4 weeks ago three hubs and I am the first follower although there are a few comments.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Hi Faybe, I followed her, she is a Filipina. It is nice to see you again here!

Hi Pretty! I know I messed up but don't know how to fix it, LOL. The article is about a bank in the Philippines, hence the mix up. Thanks for giving a new hubber a boost. Now I just have to make sure my newbies start commenting back. wink

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, just read the blogs  here - http://blog.hubpages.com/ so you will be updated on what is happening!

And I am glad to see you again! smile

Glad to be back. I have to try to stay away from the forums though, too addictive!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)