President Obama asks : "give him time to finish what he started"

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. quatrain profile image56
    quatrainposted 11 years ago

I don't know about you but this request actually scares me. Hasn't he done enough to America? With more time, could he finish us off?

1. stayingalivemoma profile image83
      stayingalivemomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some of the responses to this and other questions/hubs I've seen on Hubpages make me sick to my stomach. So here's a simple answer for all those who are so sure that Obama means America doom and gloom (as if President Bush didn't start that fire).

If my son makes a mess by spilling his milk on the floor, no worries. It's a pretty small mess and although it may irritate me, I have options: mop it up or get a paper towel and wipe it up.
      On the other hand, if he turns the faucet on in the bathroom and leaves it running, it will create a bigger mess: water on the bathroom floor, water in my hall carpet and water dripping from the ceiling downstairs. This is a much bigger mess that has started with one problem and expanded to several. This mess will take me some time to resolve. Perhaps not even all in one day. I may need to get someone out to extract water from the carpet. I may need someone to come and check out the huge bubble now in my kitchen ceiling downstairs....Get the picture?
      One problem started by my son has snowballed into something bigger.
      Former President Bush created SEVERAL problems and now President Obama is trying to take on all these snowballs. Just like in my story, it didn't take long for Bush to create these problems, but it will take some time to fix them.
      If we, as Americans, can look past party lines, at least once in a while - then maybe we can look at things for what they are and stop throwing the snowballs at each other.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If people let him, yes, he could indeed "finish us off".    I was between laughing and throwing up when he was asked what grade he'd give himself recently, and he replied "incomplete".     He wants 4 more years to finish destroying America's foundation.    He's actually accomplished a lot of that so far, but thanks to God he hasn't quite finished yet!    I reckon if he gets to finish that agenda,  it will be thanks to those who vote for him, and the political fraud factor.   Big responsibility there;  one which, if that event occurs, they will of course refuse to claim.

And while there are a few good things about his term,  the harm he has already done far outweighs any good.

1. Reality Bytes profile image73
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Brenda is back!

Welcome

smile

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Reality Bytes!

Wish I could say I was playing golf like Mr. Obama,  but alas that is not the case.  ha.

2. profile image0
    HowardBThinameposted 11 years ago

Four years is ample time to enact some meaningful changes.

1. rhamson profile image67
      rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah it took Bush less than a year to mire us in a war in Afghanistan and another two to mire us in another one in Iraq. Maybe Romney can get us in another one in Iran to pump up that Military Industrial Complex spending we have jonesing for for the last three years.

For some odd reason you think that there is a difference between the two parties. There is none because they are in control and it is a made up falacy for big business to stay in control.

The GOP rails against Obama for taxing poor old big business and they withold their money in foreign banks so the country stays in the recession unless the Dems pass more tax reduction legislation. The stock market is doing better and better and the banks sit on trillions of dollars they will not loan out until the Dems lower their taxes?

The GOP gets in and happy times are here again while the deficeit rises and then sell us another ticket when the Dems get back in to buy all the assetts of the failier they can create. Maybe the next time they can reverse it and still make trllions of dollars.

The only people that are losing in this mess is the mindless automatons that believe there're any power in the vote.

How can you lose a horse race when you have a bet on the only two horses in the race?

1. bn9900 profile image70
        bn9900posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Clinton (A Democrat) knew about Al Quada and possible plans to attack the US but did nothing, Bush had not been in office a year when 9/11 hit. I think it's about time Obama take responsibility, but then again he doesn't know how.  It's time to stop blaming Bush and the Republicans, and stand up and be a man...

Sure Clinton dropped the ball when he had a chance to take out Bin Laden but how is that got anything to do with invading and staying in Afghanistan and then invading Iraq? You say Obama should man up and take this mess as his own. How would that look? A booming economy with all that baggage? It took eight years of Bush and his deficeit spending in unfunded wars to get us into this hole. So how do you pay the bills of the former with a crashed economy and people chomping at the bit to continue the same policies to get out of it. How can four years erase the disaster of Bush. I think there are more expedient methods but the empire has to be supported elsewise the corporate assetts of the Banks and Big Business might not be safe.

2. ptosis profile image68
        ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++^∞
        +^∞^∞^∞  + to the power of infinity to the power of infinity forever repeating itself

2. stayingalivemoma profile image83
      stayingalivemomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. Big messes are harder to clean up than smaller ones!

3. Wayne Brown profile image80
    Wayne Brownposted 11 years ago

I am deeply concerned about his plans to finish his process as I have serious doubts that it bodes well for America at all.  His next term certainly includes further gutting of the military and our ability to defend ourselves all to be done on the back of the claim that technology can take the place of people and that our nuclear arsenal is no longer necessary.  Beyond that point, we are simply on a march to break America's financial back.  There is absolutely no indication that Obama has any intention to reduce spending nor does he have any intention of attempting to lead compromise in the Congress.  His actions are directed toward undermining that process as well as the Constitution itself.  I, for one, cannot imagine the American people desiring to allow this process to continue totally unaware that the country is being dismantled little by little.  ~WB

I don't think you are aware that at 683 billion dollars with 3% increases the last two years is a far cry of gutting the military. Do we really need eleven aircraft carrier and their fleets of defense and tender ships. If you want to look at what is really happening it is the congress who is willing to let the automatic cuts to take place when the temporary debt ceiling agreements expire. This is so the corporate tax rates can be lowered by blocking anything Obama does.

I am not too happy with Obama but you have to understand that this whole thing is about the money that leaves all other priorities by the wayside.

This country went out and bought a Cadillac on a Smartcar budget and instead of trying to catch up on the payments we want to buy a Rolls Royce. That is the lunacy that pervades this country and this congress.

4. taburkett profile image59
    taburkettposted 11 years ago

The infiltration of the American society by radical psychological factions has risen to a level of national destruction where deceitful rhetoric is commonly observed by the mainstream media as popularity for the faction members.  This calamity is forecast in the Christian Bible where sin overtakes moral society and creates a void of moral equity that results in violent destruction of the culture.  America has been slowly reaching this calamity as multiple immoral acts are paraded under a cloak of religion declaring fairness and equality for the immoral community.

The radical rise of defamation features within the political arena is a direct reflection from a mirror of immoral affliction perceived as equitable under the foolishly influenced public.  While the radical politicians declare this a new wave of equality, the moral individuals recognize this as a tomb of terror plague.  The resulting atmosphere from the defamation terror is filled with further distress and disruption.

Accounting for irrational political culture is compounded by the labor of biased society historians displaying comparable skepticism about the usefulness of focusing on immoral ideology of the environment.  These factors then fail to disclose the violent destruction perpetrated through political regime control as a religious faction.  Therefore, the potential for warring class-conflict is greatly increased.

Critique of the existing immoral bias indicates a disconnected stage of psychological travesty within some radical faction members who suffer a sniper bitterness attitude toward moral society.  This prejudice attitude has fogged many moral individuals who were charmed into believing that the immoral equality would not injure the society.  However, the castigation of morals has generated a sense of equity through the immoral activity that presents a dooming danger to the perpetuation of peaceful moral society.

The immoral delusion spreading amongst the distressed citizens is generating a problematic social position where immoral ideals clash with moral values.  This has penetrated all American society with such verbosity in political theatrics that engulf fretfulness and angst leading to a corrupt terror ensemble.  This barbaric conviction that eradicates placatory feelings within the American environment engrains a detrimental psychotic-energy within the afflicted citizen.  If we permit this to continue for the next 4 years, further degradation through immoral activity will destroy the nation.  The American Dream will then become a Nightmare.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)