VIDEO - Mitt Romney's Mother Shares: Grand-father was on Welfare!

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (36 posts)
  1. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 11 years ago

Romney wants to judge the poor as lazy dependent and feel they are entitled, yet his own grandfather was on welfare.  Did he think we wouldn't find out?  What a hypocrite!

http://hinterlandgazette.com/2012/09/mi … exico.html

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, who cares?

1. profile image0
        Casimiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow. He's an offspring of the 47%

See it is possible to not be a victim, well for those who want to work anyway.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

I get your point, it's those parasitic types that profit from the work of another rather than get an education and support themselves who are to blame. lol

Once again you don't get it. Nothing new!

Once again you don't get it, nothing new.

Yes, that's what I said. Do you need me to type s l o w e r?

No, I need you to think faster!

Doesn't take that long to figure you out, your insecurities shine like a beacon.  Are you going to continue or should I accept your surrender now?

2. 2besure profile image79
          2besureposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's right and Romney need to not put 47% of American getting some form of government help in the same basket.  It should be a means to and end and many people move on to be self sufficient.  There will always be a portion of the population who will not be self-sufficient, like those with addictions, mental problems,

Yes, he was.  But he wasn't poor when he came here.  He fled Mexico and had to leave his home and land.

Yet, fails to understand that some people just need a little help, sometimes.

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was Romney's DAD, George Romney who was on welfare!!

WOW, even closer down the family line.  And yet no compassion for the poor.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
          Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it would technically have been Mitt's grandparents who moved back to the US from Mexico and were on government aid. Mitt's dad was a kid at the time.
          Don't want to split hairs!

2. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

As I have said before, this doesn't make him a hypocrite. Perhaps, unsensitive to his own family. But not hypocritical. If he, himself, had been on Welfare, then he would be a hypocrite.

I think you may be splitting hairs.  But you are right, he never had to go through anything and despises the poor. His father did experienced hard times. I hear his father was compassionate and kind with a lot of integrity!

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Yeah, and his
    His great-grandfather, Miles Park Romney, moved to Mexico in 1885 because he had multiple wives (as Mormon law permits) and wanted to escape the anti-polygamy laws in the United States.

So he's 2 generations removed from polygamy. How come no one mentions that?

1. kathleenkat profile image83
      kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because he believes marriage is between one man, and one woman.

Since he is against MARRIAGE EQUALITY, he would have to be against polygamy as well as gay marriage. (If he were for polygamy, he would have to be for gay marriage, as well... I'd think).

MIGHTY MOM,  I guess because the issue right now isn't that he is a Mormon.  4 years ago, they had a fit about that!  The Republicans hate Obama so much, they changed hie minds about Mormons not being Christian.  They are OK now according to the so called moral right!

3. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are we blaming Mitt for what his great-grandfather did?? I read that Obama's own father had multiple wives. It's true, according to WaPo. It's not something Obama had any control over. Same with Romney.

That would be 3 generations for Mitt and 1 for Obama. Stil wonder why Mitt's great-grandfather's polygamy isn't mentioned? Because then the MSM would have to acknowledge Barack Obama, Sr.'s polygamy. According to the WaPo, Sr. was already married to an African woman when he married the POTUS's mother.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ … story.html

2besure and MM, do you still think it's so terrible to have a family history of polygamy, now that you found out it's in Obama's closet??

da da da DA da...Dueling Polygamists!!

habee,,Obama's father is not running for President.   The point is that you can not put any group of people under one label.   Much less 47% of Americans, which include children, students, wounded Veterans of which my son is one, immigrants who are here legally, the mentally ill, retired people and the working poor.   Many people go through hard times, get a little help and then move on.   That is a whole lot of people to write off!

1. habee profile image92

I agree with that and said so on another thread. That's not what I was addressing here. I was referring to polygamy. MM wanted to know why great-granda Romney's polygamy was never mentioned.

MM, his religion is not an issue!

1. habee profile image92

I agree! I also think Romney's comment was dumb. I do know that we have some parasites, but it's nowhere NEAR 47%. And by "parasites," I mean people who CAN work but had rather game the system. Every dollar they get takes away from the people who have a genuine need.

Totally, you will always have some with a welfare mentality.  Generations on welfare, addiction such as drug addiction and alcoholism, under-educated and those who have not hope no vision and have given up.

4. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

@ Repairguy, make your mind up, according to you every Dem leader you've ever had has been gutless. See, this is why I think you're funny- you contradict yourself all the time and then when asked to qualify your statements start crying like a big fat baby "I don't care"

What's a dentist got to do with my education and gutless leaders? Now you're really making me laugh. lol

Really, what dem leaders have I ever called gutless? I can think of two but have never said that. Complete fabrication doesn't help your cause at all. As for your education you are the one touting it not me. I mentioned dentist because I have a beautiful smile, your insecurities are showing again. I'll. Let you have the final say, I have to watch paint dry its more entertaining than you.
      . Buhby

You brought up my education, not me. I'm not insecure about my education, are you insecure about yours? I'm sure you do have a beautiful smile, yet, I still can't see how that might be relevant to this conversation. I'm quite sad that you feel I'm not entertaining, because I have to honest and say that I still find you one of the most highly entertaining posters on HP. lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)