NFL Week 3

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 11 years ago

Just watched the 49ers go down to the Vikings.  The Vikings played super well. 

Watching the Jets and Miami on gamecast now....Keep hoping that if Sanchez plays bad enough we'll get to see Tebow:)

2. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 11 years ago

It is turning out to be a wild and whacky week 3. KC beating New Orleans with Jamaal Charles running wild.  Minnesota upsetting the 49'ers. (Wow) Three overtime games so far. Arizona playing for a 3-0 start.  Could be an interesting rest of the day.  Can Seattle bring the next huge upset tomorrow night?

3. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

Jets won despite averaging 2.7 yards a carry (33-88) and Sanchez completing 47 percent of his passes (21/45).

MRI tomorrow for Revis. Jets are hoping against hope it isn’t an ACL.

After the fiasco of a game, I am spent, out of anything remotely close to what would call energy.

Should be a good game tonight on SNF - Patriots at Ravens. Love Joe Flacco and hope he and Ray give it good to them Patriots.

4. xero37 profile image61
    xero37posted 11 years ago

My Titans won in a "wow" fashion. No defense, no problems. I'm going to have that stroke now.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

@PaulE - Tebow played for less than two minutes.

Weird week, Steelers lost to the land of the Oak :-)

6. profile image0
    DigbyAdamsposted 11 years ago

Well I wonder how big Bellichek's fine will be for touching the ref. I did enjoy the Pat's / Ravens game - especially the final Field Goal kick and score.

7. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 11 years ago

I just keep thinking the Broncos were better with Tebow and I think the Jets will be as well.  I figure Sanchez has to either get hurt or complete less than 50% of his passes to see Tebow start.

I think two more bad games for Sanchez and we'll see Tebow!

The 49ers were ripe and the Vikings played well.  I'm not too concerned about the loss and actually think it's good for a team to lose a game or two. 

I wouldn't have thought the Cardinals would be 3 - 0 with a couple of really nice wins.  Definitely a wacky season.  Hoping the Seahawks play well tonight.

8. wavegirl22 profile image49

I am not the only one tired of the Tebow talk. Watch or read any of the media conferences and you will see the Jets coaches are getting sick of all the questions that surround him.  Ask me and all I see from him is 9 rushing attempts in three games which only proves he is nothing more than a gimmick to the Jets. Nothing more then a mere mascot that tickles the owner of the Jets fancy. For Jets fans like me bringing Tim in when there were definite holes that needed filling was a horrible decision that only incites division and a huge waste of time and effort.

Fact is the Jets have a QB and I might add a clutch one. There is no quit in Mark Sanchez and you can see it written all over their win yesterday, and that is despite everything that went wrong. Once again when it mattered most, Sanchez delivered and the Jets were able to exit Sun Life Stadium with a 23-20 overtime win.I might add the Jets are in sole possession of first place in the AFC East.
    Just look at the final drive of yesterdays game to see what a clutch QB can do. In the fourth quarter, the drive that sent the game into overtime, Sanchez went 3-of-5 for 40 yards (connected with Kerley) for the touchdown, giving the Jets a 20-17 lead with under three minutes to go in the game. Dan Carpenter hit a 41-yard field goal for the Fins with 16 seconds left, game goes into OT. In comes the football gods and the kick, a 48-yarder to win it in overtime goes wide left. The game continued to get uglier in OT but in the end, Sanchez connects with Santonio with a 38-yarder to set up the winning Jets field goal.

As for the Jets, there are new headlines today that really pose some serious problems. Darrelle Revis out with an ACL. Enough said.

You want to see Tim Tebow, pick up the October issue of Vogue.

NYJ have allowed 62.5 comp % with Revis off the field the past 2 seasons, including 5-0 TD-INT.

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image74
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if the Vogue issue with Tebow will outsell that one where Tom Brady was on the cover wearing Giselle's lingerie. Rumor has it Bill Belicheat bought a whole bunch of copies of that issue.

Too bad about Revis. I was hoping it wasn't an ACL tear, but it sure looked like it when he was writhing in pain on the field.

So I wonder how the replacement officials will do tonight. Keyshawn Johnson just said something stupid on the pre-game show. He said that hit on Heyward-Bey last night wouldn't have happened with the regular refs. Baloney. Incidentally, Heyward-Bey is out of the hospital and it sounds like it will be okay once he recovers from the concussion. Ed Reed had a very similar hit on Edelman last night in the end zone. No penalty on that one either. Personally, I thought they were good no calls.

Well, I guess I'll root for the Seahawks tonight. Lynch will probably rack up some big yardage.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
        wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

when I read your word BLACKANDGOLDJACK I think, now only if I could watch again with you we would sound like 2 peas in a pod! 

Im praying for Matty Flynn. ..  a night of turf in his mouth could be coming his way.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Crazy NFL.. Jennings helped the Seahawks to win big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

10. xero37 profile image61
    xero37posted 11 years ago

Wow, the Packers got hosed. Worst call ever.

11. wavegirl22 profile image49

If there was ever an official photo of this whole replacement ref debacle, this is it.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7198915_f248.jpg

12. Nickalooch profile image59
    Nickaloochposted 11 years ago

the NFL is becoming a joke because of these referees. a change needs to happen and soon.

13. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image74
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Yeah, it's pretty bad when all they are talking about is the replacement officials on the talk shows this morning, and not how many times the Seahawks sacked Aaron Rodgers.

So on Mike & Mike they are searching for a name for that last play so it can live in infamy like the Immaculate Reception. So far the one I like best is Inaccurate Reception. That has a certain ring to it.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fail Mary

14. Greek One profile image65
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

The Canadian Football League (CFL) has it's regular officials calling the games.
    I think they are paid minimum wage, so salaries are not an issue.

As the 100th anniversary of the 1st Grey Cup game (the CFL championship trophy), is being played this year in Toronto, I invite all Hubbers to come and watch the game at my house.

15. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image74

The NFL just announced they are going to try an experiment as an alternative to the replacement referees. Each team will be permitted to hire their own referees for home games. The Eagles @ Steelers game on October 7 will be the first one where the new policy will be tried. That will give the refs a little time to practice reviewing controversial plays on video.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7202207_f248.jpg

16. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image74

Hey wavegirl, are you a Snoop Dogg fan? He said it's Tebow time. You know, time for him to save the Jets. Skip Bayless seconded that notion. No doubt Skipper will be buying some copies of that Vogue issue with Tebow on the cover.

I can't believe what idiots they let talk about sports. It's almost as bad as politics.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)