amazons getting clicks no sale -advice please

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

amazons getting clicks no sale -advice please

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How many click thrus are you getting?

I know that when I go to Amazon I'm not always buying stuff. The same could apply to your visitors, they're just wanting a browse. And I don't think it's a matter of converting those browsers into buyers. You need to get the buyers to your hub first. And that will be through tapping into Search Engine traffic.

Those people are looking for something. They're the quality traffic that converts into sales.

1. Lgali profile image57
        Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How I can do that.I am getting about 30-40clicks

1. Lgali profile image57

I get 1 order Thanks

2. sunstreeks profile image80
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

Always handpick items. Rarely will the keyword alone give you the best results that you could find. Take the time to look through Amazon for the best items.

Use the description option when adding Sku's

Always choose products that YOU would buy if you were shopping for something relating to the hub. Look at your own shopping habits on Amazon.

Does the item qualify for the $25+ free shipping? (These seem to sell better for me and are always my first choice, in none avail then I look at 3rd party items.)

If it is a low priced item and is shipped 3rd party, is the price becoming too much with shipping?

Is the product showing in the hub lead back to an item with a good description? Some 3rd party items on Amazon have really empty looking product pages.

smile

1. Lgali profile image57
  3. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

I get plenty of Amazon clicks, but rarely any sales. Sometimes I use the keyword function, but other times I use selected items.

I've heard that it depends on the amount of traffic. Something like 1 sale for every 1000 visits or something, most likely.

4. bgpappa profile image81
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

If you are getting clicks then your ads are taking them to Amazon, which is what you want.  After that, it is out of your control.

All good advice in here, I think people just like to browse.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image74
      Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish Amazon would give you a a reward for getting clicks, like Adsense, and not just sales commission. Throw me a few cents!

2. seemorebangkok profile image59
      seemorebangkokposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely agree. Also not all products on Amazon.com are good deals, I've noticed Buy.com has better prices on most products.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is just poor product choice. I get around a 10% conversion rate.

5. embitca profile image84
    embitcaposted 14 years ago

Amazon has a very short cookie duration (I think 24 hours or less) so unless someone buys an item immediately, you won't get credit for a transaction.

And lots of folks just add items to their shopping cart and come back for them days and weeks later. I have stuff sitting in my Amazon shopping cart under "Save for later" from a year ago LOL

6. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Here at Hubpages, there's a 30 day period where you can get credit for someone joining after following a link with your URL tracker embedded.

Amazon should get their act together then.

7. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

You may want to look at the best selling products and be always on the look out for discounts and other special offers, as an amazon affiliate you should get these in your email every so often.

Also it's a good idea to review anything you have purchased over on amazon as that would make a credible review, just try not to hype a product up, just write an honest review about the usability of that product and any benefits that you realised, this works well with the closely related products that you may have to search through the Amazon database to find, but it's worth it to try.

The above has worked quite well for me on blogs and I've only just started to do that here on hubpages, so who knows!

1. Anti-Valentine profile image74
      Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep. I also get notification via feeds from the associates blog, and goldbox deals. I've started sifting through them to find good stuff.

8. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

Lot of good advice Thanks

9. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I don't know what the standard buy-per-click rate is on Amazon.

I also always hand-pick stuff, you get some really weird products on occasion using the keyword option.

I am getting about $10 a month through Amazon, the last couple of months. Almost all my sales are books.

10. johnr54 profile image46
    johnr54posted 14 years ago

Amazon has about the best conversion rate for any web site selling physical goods.  It's generally held up as the model for conversion rate in the industry.  My Amazon earnings on Hubpages are about twice as high as my Adsense.

My clicks from Hubpages average converting at around 4%.  Because of the 24 hour cookie on Amazon, you will find that some things convert better than others.  Items priced at $50 or less will sell much better than higher priced items, where folks need to think about it.

On Hubpages books do just OK for me, but any type of gadget or toys are a decent seller.  You get a lot better conversion if you are writing about a topic that a buyer might be interested in, and the product is a solution to the topic, that works well. 

An example - you write about the different ways to remove wallpaper, then you feature the tools to do that. 

Problem -->> solution.

11. bgpappa profile image81

Poor Product Choice?  Guess not all of us are special

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What I mean is - if you pick products that are noticeably more expensive on Amazon than other sites, you will get a poor conversion rate. Poor product choice. wink

12. bgpappa profile image81

fair enough

13. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Be sure to pick products that have good reviews. Usually I only feature 4 or 5 star products.

1. Lgali profile image57

HOW you get those?

14. Silver Rose profile image66
    Silver Roseposted 14 years ago

Amazon have a 24 hour cookie. That means that if someone clicks through and buys within 24 hours you get credited. If they buy after 24 hours, you lose the sale.

I hadn't appreciated how this hurt affiliate marketers till I signed up for another affiliate with a 30 day cookie (a UK company) - they had great tracking stats, showing the date and time of clickthrough and when the sale occured. From my experience with them, most people don't buy immediately. The seem to browse, bookmark and come back on payday, or after they have researched other prices. Less than 5% bought within 24 hours.

That was an eye-opener for me. I think the reason people are getting clicks but no sales with Amazon is because most people buy after the Amazon cookie has expired.

1. Lgali profile image57

thanks for this info how about some body order something I get credit

2. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The 24 hour cookie is very much in dispute. Some claim hat a 24-hour cookie only applies to a product put in the visitor's shopping cart. Everything else is a 1 session cookie.

The TOS is vague and can be interpreted both ways. The Amazon team won't clarify the situation. If you ask a question of them, all they will do is quote the vague TOS.

1. Lgali profile image57

thanks for info

15. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

My Amazon's running on 11% purchases this month, higher than last month. I find most of the items bought are $5 to $15, very little above that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)