North Korea threatens Hawaii with missles launching July 4th-ish.

Jump to Last Post 51-65 of 65 discussions (150 posts)
  1. ledefensetech profile image68
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

TK, war is hell.  If there is a war South Korea is going to lose cities.  In fact they have plans taking advantage of that.  They expect to use their norther tier cities as rubble filled tank traps to hold the NKA in place and hammer them back across the border.  See "Hazardous Duty" by Col. David Hackworth for details.  So yeah, I've heard a bit of how the South Koreans are planning to defend themselves against the North. 

Nuclear weapons change the calculus of this a bit.  I really think their development is for use against the world at large.

1. tksensei profile image61
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Remember when I mentioned considerations?

ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You may have the luxury of hiding behind the US military and being a yellow coward, but they're out on the sharp end of the stick out there.  All your consideration isn't going to mean squat if the balloon goes up.  They've done the best they can, they're far more prepared for something like that than we are.  Someone once said something about hanging, oh yes, it concentrates the mind wonderfully.  I'm glad they don't have to depend on you to protect them.

Pardon me?

It's right there in black and white, it's not like you didn't hear me.  Sigh.  It's the reading thing isn't it?

I guess so. Let me just be perfectly clear: are you calling me personally a coward?

2. tksensei profile image61

What on earth does that even mean?

In any case, I believe I asked you before if you've ever spoken to someone from the South Korean military.

I don't know if God Himself would be able to explain that to you.  You sit there so sure that you know what to do and how to solve all the world's problems.  You don't.  Nobody does.  You sit here safe and secure, making your pronouncements from on high without knowing what you're talking about.  The people in Korea, Japan and now Hawaii are on the firing line.  When something goes down, they'll be the ones to pay the price. 

Were it you on the firing line, I'm sure you'd show a streak of yellow.  You make all these claims that I'm insensitive and uncaring of those people.  I understand better than you what horrors would be unleashed should North Korea go to war.  It's a good thing for those people that they don't have to depend on you for anything.

That's what makes you a condescending idiot.  You don't really care about these people, you just want to make everyone think you're better than you really are.  That's it.  That's why I dislike you so much, you're fake.  You're holier than thou.  It all makes sense now.

When have I said that?

I have family and friends in all those places. Do you?

How could you be "sure" of such a thing? Were you just trying for a cheap insult?

Did you or did you not casually mention that the people of South Korea could just rebuild if their capital city were destroyed? Does that seem caring and sensitive to you?

Maybe you do. How exactly do you?

Why would you say that? Based on what?

Do you think you could try to avoid the personal attacks?

Why do you say that? I suppose you realize you could not possibly know such a thing.

Are you a mind reader?

2. goldentoad profile image60
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

I drink beer.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good fer u, GT!!!  And it sure has put the weight on ya, too.

1. goldentoad profile image60
        goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know, maybe I'll try to go for a jog tomorrow. I just jumped on to see what was still going on, and I see many hours later, the same.

1. profile image0

OMG...many days later it is still degenerating into the same...

LDT is a conservative, too, though--on the same level & all.  So, Good Match!

A match made in heaven. I shall enjoy. Where is Urimidden in all this?

1. profile image0

Yeah.  Now that guy is scary.  I think he's a paranoid schizophrenic, no lie...  Maybe a rapist.

TK's just a garden variety _____.  You fill in the blank!

3. ledefensetech profile image68

You may not believe it TK, but what you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.  Not only have you been condescending and rude to people, but others say you treat other people that way as well.  Normally one should take that sort of thing with a grain of salt, but based on your actions, I believe they are telling the truth, not just what they think is the truth.

That didn't really address any of my questions above.

4. ledefensetech profile image68

Because I'm not interesting in arguing with you.  You've shown me what you really are and I don't need to continue conversing with you.  You have no interest in learning and growing as a person.  You're rude and petty and enjoy tormenting people.  That's not someone I really want to converse with.

So you are only interested in insulting me? Is that it?

2. Sufidreamer profile image78
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome aboard, LDT - I don't bother responding to the troll any more. He has no constructive input to any debate. As Darkside said, "it is of the opinion that nobody else should have an opinion."

Elena has a good Hub about this:

http://hubpages.com/hub/EXPRESSING-OPINIONS

See if you can recognise some of the traits smile

Well it's nice to know that I'm becoming more and more a part of the group, but jeez, this is almost as bad as initiation into a frat.  tongue  That was a pretty good hub.  I think we all fall into those categories from time to time, what surprises me is that many people I've met here understand that and are willing to talk until we clear up most of our misconceptions.  Mustn't let a few rotten apples spoil the barrel.  Thanks for the welcome.  smile

5. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

lol - no group, I speak only for myself, but the welcome is no less big_smile

Sure - that is the nature of debate - to disagree is fine, but to seek to destroy arguments without offering alternatives is weak. It is futile to debate with such people.

Not quite sure what initiation into a frat is, although I guess that it is something to do with the Kappa Kappa Delta stuff from the comedy movies.

6. ledefensetech profile image68

Yeah something like that.  It's a bit verboten here.  About a decade ago there were several deaths due to extreme initiation, so officially fraternities banned them, unofficially, they still go on, I think.

7. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

He isn't even trying to 'destroy' arguments because he feels his viewpoints are stronger.  I respect someone like that...that's about the issues.  He is out to be as nasty as possible, fight and influence in an affective way whoever 'takes' the bait.  That is the definition of a stalker.

I have had no issue to speak of with any other person on Hubpages.  They won't ban him--I don't know why.  Others were banned for much less than this.

Wow, Sufi.  No fraternities....  And all those Greek letters, wink.

1. Sufidreamer profile image78

I thought that is what they were, but I did not want to make assumptions based on college comedy movies wink

I think that some of the 'posh' universities in the UK do this, but it is not as common. I have no interest in playing the Alpha Male dominance/subservience game smile

1. profile image0

Well, to be honest, most women I knew in college (speaking of Alpha males--um, yeah, whatever) thought they were silly.  Just drunken obnoxious parts of the wall paper, bleh...not that interesting.

Don't get me started on sorority girls driving Daddy's expensive cars! omg....

Never met many sorority girls, so could not possibly comment. I never really did drunk and obnoxious - more drunk and fall asleep with a contented grin big_smile

1. profile image0

I worked in a bar as a cocktail waitress, you know - so I did my drinking and had my first taste of Ouzo, wink before I was legal and after we shut down for the night at parties...  It was enough!...and fun.

Mind you, isn't your legal drinking age 42 or something like that - we had a lot of US students, and they could not believe that they could legally drink smile

Glad that you have tried Ouzo - true nectar, although my poison was beer when I was younger. Never worked as a bartender or waitress, only a bouncer, throwing drunken Irish farmers out of the village pub smile

1. profile image0

It's 21...I think!  If I can remember, wink.  hehe, trust me, sneaky Sufi, if I follow, lol, I can, and what you see here is what is reality, at least the state-issued variety...good genes are great!

Why, what age in Europe?  I tried all kinds of things. Primarily only drink wine now.  Best for health, wink.

Wasn't going down that route - I am not that brave! I seem to remember you mentioning your age, and you are both younger and better looking than me, so no contest! It was more a dig at the 21 thing - that is way too high!

In the UK it is 18, continental Europe much lower. I am not actually sure what it is in Greece - most of the tavernas do not serve alcohol to under-17's, but there is no problem with children having wine with a meal.

1. profile image0

You Brits are so nice and polite.  Kinda missing in Amerika! I would never be 'tough' to you, Sufi...anyone can tell you're a nice guy.  And there is a story behind this.  Not going into it (maybe some other time,wink)...Nobody thinks I'm under 30 anymore, but early 30's all the time.

Yes, my bf's sons, whose mother is German, said when they go back to Germany, they can drink....German's love their Oktoberfest.  So different from here.

8. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

So, will the USS John McCain intercept the Kang Nam? And if so, what next?

9. tksensei profile image61

Some folks in Hawaii are a little nervous about all this, but no big panic or anything of that sort.

10. tksensei profile image61

So, anything about the topic of the thread?

never had any fun during those years I assume.

You're not old enough to hear about it. (!)

Nonetheless, I've started another thread for that topic so this thread can still have a chance at life.

11. tksensei profile image61

So, who thinks that NK will really shoot something in the direction of Hawaii on the 4th?

1. Christenstock profile image57
      Christenstockposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe the media has blown this situation totally out of proportion! Its ridiculous how they've made it appear similar to another 13 days! Issues such as these wouldn't be covered in the media if they were likely to occur.

If they did shoot, we have multiple agencies, contracters, defense departments, all pointing in the same direction, thus covering every spectrum of in flight projectories to intercept "the thing."

Why do you say that? Not sure this news could NOT be covered in the West.

1. Christenstock profile image57

Such an action would inevitably lead to war. If history taught us something, a full scale attack/threat (especially a missile launch) is not something you want to share with the public. If this country has the resources to deploy a missle to HI (as they presume they do), I'm sure they would have the intelligence to keep their secrets, a secret, regardless of all the intel sharing.

2. Christenstock profile image57

Such an action would inevitably lead to war. If history taught us something, a full scale attack/threat (especially a missile launch) is not something you want to share with the public. If this country has the resources to deploy a missle to HI (as they presume they do), I'm sure they would have the intelligence to keep their secrets, a secret, regardless of all the intel sharing.

12. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Not often I get called polite! A bit too rough and ready for that, but thanks smile You are a nice lady, too - that is why folk jumped to your defence when the malaka started stalking you.

It is a dream to go to the Oktoberfest - not going to happen this year, but maybe next. wink

13. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 14 years ago

back in the 60s I was extended because of threats fron North Korea,and it's still going on.seems no one cares until sh=t happens.

14. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

North Koreans are starving and kim is a lunatic. He will keep blackmailing the west till he gets nuked. I feel for the people, they are kept ignorant and controlled.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For the Korean people, Kim has some videos showing soldiers marching past in their own streets. They are aroused by seeing these and think the soldiers can walk in other lands also like this. They dont understand that not even 1% of American soldiers are required to capture Korea. It is better that govt. looks after the welfare of their people and spend the excess money on their education, health and increased public amenities.

15. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

North Korea must think before they talk... They should know what happened when Hawai was attacked by Japan in 1942. They cant rise up even after six decades. Korea should not play pawn to China or Russia... they should ask their mentors to do the mischief first. A small country cant sustain the effects of a great war. It is certain to be wiped out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)