INNER Experiences: Are they real?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (57 posts)
  1. Ciax profile image58
    Ciaxposted 11 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7286257_f248.jpg
    Hello everyone. I am a newcomer. I have just noticed how religion (and less philosophy) dominates the forums here. It's pretty disgusting to see mature(really?) and grown up people start disruptive and insult fist-fights on a venue that is for writers to communicate.

Here is a little question for you. Most of you deny God or anything which is 'spiritual'. I can attest the fact that spiritual experiences exist. Many people experience feelings which are so exotic that it becomes a milestone in their life. It's real. It has basis in reality. And just to add a bit compactness, I myself had had the fortune to experience a 'kundalini' awakening.

The bottom line: Most of you blather incessantly over issues you have little grasp over, or (actually) none. 

Just thought I should throw a stone in the pond.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gosh - did your other persona get banned already? That was fast.

1. Ciax profile image58
        Ciaxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What are you talking about? I am a newcomer.

2. moneyfairy profile image60
      moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are so right on!!! I just started a thread a while back asking ; "Who believes in Angels" and there were some wonderful responses but then it got all distorted  with, as you say above "insults and mental fist-fights" by people who had no idea what they were talking about and they obviously couldn't read otherwise they wouldn't keep blathering on endlessly about anything other than the question I originally asked. So I ended up just leaving it . It's sad really that supposed creative writers have to behave so appaulingly. But that's life , there will always be the cyber/bullies and the ignoramouses that hide behind the computer. I even told them to please stop and I flagged them but I am the one that got cut off for 3 days??? because I called them on being bullies???Go figure.
      I definitely believe in all the spirtual experiences that I had as some of them saved my life. But I am sure you'll get a mile of dis-believers pilling up this thread. Thanks for starting it though.

1. Ciax profile image58

First of all, lots of thanks to you. It's nice to find people who have known the truth, and are willing to share it.

Just to let you know, I am not actually that much concerned about what happens to an internet thread. Once you know truth, it doesn't matter what people are gossiping about it.

Anyway, lots of smiles again.

1. moneyfairy profile image60

so true!!! thanks!! The truth shall prevail!!! smile One's own inner knowingness is what really counts, all else is insignificant!!

2. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can't control opinions in a public place.

3. moneyfairy profile image60

Welcome Ciax and I'd love to hear about your kundalini experience. How long did it take for you to reach that state of being?

1. Ciax profile image58

Well, when I was a tyke, kundalini could fire up when I would encounter anything which was 'grand' (think of a starry sky, images of foreign countries etc.).

With age, I lost some of that. I just can't describe how happy I used to be when I had kundalini. It seemed like a heaven.

Anyway, now I need to work hard to make my kundalini rise. I work out (physical), maintain strict inner (mental) descipline, take selective food (vegetarian) and try to perceive the true reality. It doesn't come free now, and now it wants to escape as soon as it comes. Part of being an educated adult, I guess.

Wow what an interesting life you have created and felt. You must be truly disciplined, do you meditate for hours every day?

1. Ciax profile image58

I do meditate, but unlike those pretentious yoga classes, I do not have a regime of meditation. It should come naturally, without any force (what they teach) or feeling of pain.

The best and easiest meditation that I know, is telling the truth just when one feels the temptation to tell the lie.

I agree, it should not be forced. I just do the breathing in through your nose and into your stomach and then out through my mouth, deeply and slowly then clear my mind of all thoughts and then sometimes have a question that I ask before I go in too deep then most always I'll get an answer maybe not one that I'd like to hear but there always is an answer.

2. moneyfairy profile image60

I know there are several forms of meditation, walking meditation and eating meditation and now like you just mentioned truth meditation smile

1. Ciax profile image58

The objective is to know reality in its pure form. That includes the knowledge of one's own true self.

that is correct!!!

4. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well then, let's "weigh" your stone to see if there's evidence of incessant blathering.

Essentially, the qualifier in your post is...

Exotic feelings = spiritual experience

It would appear your stone has turned into a small speck of dust held aloft by so much hot air, which I think you've termed incessant blathering and not likely even making a ripple in the pond.

5. sparkster profile image85
      sparksterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're not the only person here to experience a Kundalini awakening, others here have written about their experiences.

6. profile image0

One can experience many things in one's own mind. But when things happen in one's own mind it doesn't make sense to extend the experiences to something outside your own mind.
      Call back when you can make a plate float.

1. Renee Abbott profile image79
        Renee Abbottposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes a person can experience something where others see it as well. The point though is why bother to try to explain it. To me I find it pushy, so I do not. Some people experience and some question what they experience, while others tend to not experience anything. None are wrong, they just living in their reality or realm.

1. profile image0

While a schizophrenic my here voices in his head these voices are a product of a problem in his mind. These voices are only real to him or her. The same is true to all other who hear voices or experiences that other do not.

1. Ciax profile image58

"The same is true to all other who hear voices or experiences that other do not."

-How does someone hear 'experiences'?

2. Ciax profile image58

However, you might have meant that anyone who goes through an experience that others do not, is schizophrenic, and that his experience is subjective and is only valid to him.

Not many people have experienced weightlessness. Some did, the astronauts.

So, according to your theory, those who have experienced weightlessness are schizophrenic as well.

1. profile image0

Those astronauts are actually experiencing weightlessness. They can see, hear and touch each other experiencing the same things. That's different then you meditating for a few hours and feeling like your floating in your own mind, but you have no collaboration from the outside world.

1. Ciax profile image58

I see. So when an astronaut (or anyone else) is experiencing weightlessness alone, he/she should be considered a schizophrenic.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
                  psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It isn't about being schizophrenic, just being subjective or objective.  Weightlessness can be confirmed by an impartial observer (person or instrument).  Subjective can't.

1. Ciax profile image58

A blind person (impartial observer) can not confirm weightlessness. If all of humanity were blind, except one person, then that person's experience of weightlessness can never be confirmed by anyone else.

Hence, that experience can be termed subjective.

Our powers of color vision derive from cells in our eyes, called cones, three types in all, each triggered by different wavelengths of light.  Living among us are people with four cones, who might experience a range of colors invisible to the rest.

Similarly, some people may have been gifted with extra neurons and neuronal connections. Naturally, their perception of reality is very different from others'. Spirituality, kundalini awakening - all these are true. One day, we might be able to establish them scientifically.

2. Ciax profile image58

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7296942_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Do you have pictures of yourself floating?

3. profile image0

Oh come on! That's not at all what I said. I merely stated that schizophrenics may hear and see people that don't actually exist because of a problem in the brain. I did not say anyone experience weightlessness is schizophrenic. I will say that if you are experiencing weightlessness and you are not in water or in space then the weightlessness in all in your own mind. If you think you are actually floating then I suggest you video yourself as proof. We can all imagine weightlessness, you are not alone, except you may be alone if you think you are actually floating.

1. Ciax profile image58

"The same is true to all other who hear voices or experiences that other do not."

You have now modified your theory.

2. Ciax profile image58
    7. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you were really disgusted by insults and fights, you wouldn't insults and combative questions.  I think you awakening needs a little more work.

2. Renee Abbott profile image79
    Renee Abbottposted 11 years ago

I guess I have gotten to a point in life that I am not concern if another understands the 'spirit', or spiritual aspects. It might have to do with age, and being a very spiritual witch for the majority of my life. I do not follow people nor do I wish to lead. I feel our world is going to offer different views and I welcome it. I can love a Christian(which really is progress for me), a Jew, a Witch, a heathen,Islam and an athiest, for i see the person as not a should, could or have to principle, but just a person.
    Blessed Be

3. janesix profile image58
    janesixposted 11 years ago

Be careful with Kundalini. Make sure you know "who" you are dealing with. It's a tricky situation. Stay on the right path. The path through Jesus Christ.

4. profile image0
    Rad Manposted 11 years ago

Are you floating right now. I can't believe I'm actually having this conversation. You are right. Go ahead and float.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)