Geez, Looks like the Taliban has nothing on today's GOP?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 11 years ago

I can't believe it, tell me true rightwinger, are you crazy? This Mourdock thing in Indiana has got to be the last straw. So, God uses rape to bring children into the world, yeah, right.   After what happened in Missouri, I would have thought that any GOP candidate would not be so dumb as to open that orafice on his or her face on this topic again so close to election time. But, I have been wrong before.

How does Moderate Mitt keep this 'polecat' out of site and mind of the voters who will certainly link these comments and the related issue to the GOP itself? I thought that the party wanted to keep this aspect of their extremism under wraps.  I suspect that it is as it is with those damned hospiital gowns, you try to cover one part and the other part pops out all the same.

My message to the GOP, " I am delighted, just keep it up"

Your thoughts?

1. profile image0
      Justsilvieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wonder how he would feel if it was his wife or daughter or sister and just how ready he would be to raise that child. I wonder how much he would think it was a gift from God if someone shoved him face first against a brick wall and had forced sex on him while holding a knife to his throat or hearing the treat of being beaten to death to really give him a thrill. ?  Easy to talk the talk when you don’t have to walk the walk. 

Someone actually took time to list some of the crazy things the far right believes and it makes you just want say what are they thinking? Or do they think at all?

http://adultthought.ucsd.edu/culture_wa … liban.html

Credence2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Silvie, that was a great web link. It does reveal the degree of danger posed by all these demigouges that would userp the right of us all to make choices affecting our lives.

Hitler focused on the "economy" as well, but would anyone consider his desire to remove all dissenters and 'undesirables' to detention camps a 'side issue'?

If we removed this gentleman's, you know who, genitalia with a rusty machete, perhaps that would be God's will, too?

2. profile image0
    The Longhunterposted 11 years ago

Given the stupid things said by Biden, Pelosi, and Reid, the Dems/Libs have no room to talk.

What's that old saying? Oh yeah. "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." roll

Longhunter, I don't have to say a thing. I will just let the GOP archaic beliefs and values speak to the female electorate and to the more thoughtful among the male population and we will then see who is , in fact, throwing stones and who lives in the glass houses......

1. profile image0
        The Longhunterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There's those that live in glass house but choose to throw stones on both sides, Credence. To think otherwise is to only fool yourself. I think you're smarter than that.

You eqivocate, Longhunter, let's stay on topic, this statement and the position obvioulsy held by much of the GOP is not going to pass unchallenged. Although you try to brush it off, it is of grave concern to many and will cost the GOP at the polls. And I will certainly give you credit for being that smart.

1. profile image0

Credence, while I am a Christian Conservative, my thoughts on abortion are different than most other Christians. I do think a baby is a gift from God but I also believe that it's up to the woman, who will have to live with that very difficult decision. The only time it would be any of my business would be if I were the father.

What Mourdock said was stupid. Whether or not it hurts the GOP as a whole or just his chances remains to be seen.

Longhunter, While I am liberal, I adhere to christian faith and aspire to improve, we are not all baby killers. I am in complete agreement with your first paragraph.

It not just abortion, but contraceptives and covers the gamut of an intrusive state in the most personal affairs of its citizens. I though that the GOP was about hands-off government?

For this and other reasons, I could never vote Republican. But if we carefully analyzed our differences you might be surprized to find that we may not be so far apart.

1. profile image0

I think this election has lined us up, but I know most of us meet somewhere in the middle. I dont think anyone follows either side to the letter, if they do they are brainwashed drones.

2. Xenonlit profile image61
            Xenonlitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

good luck with getting that guy to stay on any topic.

1. profile image0

Well, hello, Xenonlit. I thought you were suspended yet again. Good to see you back.

Are you going to start insulting all those that disagree with you here as well?

2. profile image0

I would love to see some examples of that kind of hate coming from the people you mentioned... Please post them. Or better yet write a Hub about them.

1. profile image0

You google it, justsilvie. Just type "Biden saying stupid things," watch the videos, then replace the name with anyone you please from either side.

Have fun!!!

1. profile image0

I said Hateful not stupid... Stupid can be overlooked and laughed at Hate is whole other matter and I have looked and have found nothing to equal the Far right her in the US.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

People who say stupid or evil things should expect to get called on it, whoever they are.

1. profile image0

Yes, they should and what this guy said was one of the dumbest but I think it's asinine for some on this forum to act as if it's all one sided for the GOP. The Dems do it as well.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Feel free to start some threads on that.

2. Credence2 profile image78

But this is not the first time, Longhunter, what about Akin in Mo? The GOP spent weeks trying to distance itself and play it down. What about your party platform where it does not permit Abortion in neither rape or incest and now Born again Moderate, Mitt Romney is saying that the he and a fundamental party principle are on divergent paths?. You may have been born yesterday, but I certainly wasn't!

I don't think that anything the DEms have said rises to the level of offense of the GOP statements over so broad a demographic.
        As I said in the beginning to you right wing folks, semper fi, keep it up!
        We will just let the ladies decide what is asinine and what is completely valid, shall we?

1. profile image0

I'll simply refer you to my comments above, Credence.

2. Xenonlit profile image61
          Xenonlitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is time to send the extremists back into their holes on election day. Their attitudes and beliefs do rival the Taliban in their raving lunacy and corrupted self interest. They pervert the bible and show blatant disrespect toward Jesus.

1. profile image0

Good ole Xenonlit. One just can't help but wonder . . .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)