Still pending after 48 hours

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)
  1. PegCole17 profile image92
    PegCole17posted 11 years ago

Hello
    I'm not sure why my newest hub http://pegcole17.hubpages.com/hub/The-P … ssing-Cash still shows as pending after 2 days. What's up with that?

How do I get this status updated? Does it go into pending every time I edit the hub?

Thanks
    Peg

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes - if you edit a hub while it's in pending status, it renews the 24 hour clock! Best thing is to wait until it is no longer pending and then edit.

1. marcoujor profile image73
        marcoujorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, so helpful to know that. Thanks for asking, Peggy.

2. PegCole17 profile image92
        PegCole17posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hello SimeyC. Thank you for letting me know. You know, one of the major things I liked about Hub Pages was the edit without delay feature. Things change.
        Nice to see you here, Maria.
        smile

Peg

2. fancifulashley profile image69
    fancifulashleyposted 11 years ago

Even if you edit it, it will go back to being pending, even if it was not before, I believe.

Fanciful,
      Nice to see you here. Is that just for new hubs?
      Peg

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's not true.

If you edit a hub while it is pending, the 24 hour clock resets again, and you will have to wait a further 24 hours after each edit.

If you edit an idle hub, it will go into pending for the next 24 hours, before becoming featured again.

If you edit a featured hub, nothing changes, it stays featured.

Thank you Izzy. That clears things up and makes sense. I've noticed the pending symbol on idle hubs after I edit. This new one just kept hanging up on pending but I've edited a few times since publishing. Next time I'll wait a bit.
        smile
        Peg

3. fancifulashley profile image69
    fancifulashleyposted 11 years ago

Thank you for clarifying that, Izzy. I was not exactly sure if it was just idle hubs or all hubs that would go to pending status again.

4. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

Looks like we're just stuck with 'pending'.  Everyone else has answered your question...any hub pending or idle 'resets' to pending when you edit. It does not seem to be a 'good' thing.  Many changes made by hubpages are beneficial and we all like them, this change is not.  It doesn't allow for the posting of timely hubs and loses some traffic in that first twenty-four hour period.

5. Melovy profile image92
    Melovyposted 11 years ago

My biggest frustration with the "pending' thing is that some hubs take weeks to become indexed by Google. One I wrote almost 3 weeks ago still doesn't show up, even though I've manually indexed it.
    I hope this gets fixed soon, and hope yours come out of pending!

6. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

Mine was a republish. It never said pending, but it is over a week since I pinged it. It is such a slow procedure. I republished it as it was next to my scraped site, and I decided to remove some personal stories and change the title. I am tired of people stealing our content and making dead links to us. Google will not do anything about it. Several people have tried.  Hooray  I checked again,and it is now indexed.

7. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 11 years ago

There is a group of people who bypass pending for all their hubs - very annoying for the rest of us - especially as they get instant indexing. [discussed before in other posts].

1. IzzyM profile image87

Yup! It is totally unfair, and I for one will NOT be publishing new hubs until this situation is resolved.

8. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

It was just published this month and republished when cache went away. All my others go into pending. I am not an exception to pending rule. Love you guys.

1. IzzyM profile image87

I have noticed that when you republish hubs that you previously unpublished, they do not go into pending, unless they were idled before you unpublished them.

I've recently unpublished a LOT of hubs, and will not be republishing them here.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Try Wizzley, Izzy. I'm pretty sure that when I signed up with them I used the affiliate code on your profile. I'm sure I did, perhaps others have, too.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Did you really? Wow, thanks. I know a few joined up with my affiliate, but then they never wrote anything. Come to think of, neither did I.

All that is going to change in the coming weeks. Time to shrug off my comfortable HP overcloak and dive into somewhere new.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)