jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What's up with the 24 hours pending hubs?

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
    Petra Vlahposted 5 years ago

What's up with the 24 hours pending hubs?

Every time I turn around Hub Pages is making new changes. What is the benefit of this new nonsens?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I think they are trying to determine if the hub is "good enough" to be indexed off site or not.

In other words, they seem to have definitely determined that a lot of things published here are not worthy of indexing, and may negatively affect the site.

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
      Petra Vlahposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Google has NO clue when it comes to creative writing and it is not in any way qualified to judge "good enough"

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But we're not talking about Google - HP is doing this.

3. Goody5 profile image68
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Things like new hubs pending for 24 hours seem to be the norm since the hub pages started the idled hub program. It's just something that we all have to live with now. If you need a quick fix for your other idled hubs then I have just what the doctor ordered for you - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Quick-fi … led-status Keep on hubbing  smile

1. Xenonlit profile image61
      Xenonlitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We can still tweet, Google Plus and otherwise market our articles while we wait.

2. Petra Vlah profile image61
      Petra Vlahposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We "have to" live with a lot of nonsense from the everchanging rules of HP.
      The idle idea is again hurting creative writing and HP could not care less since the money is not there. Being able to time the publication of a hub makes a lot of difference

4. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

It sounds like a good way to weed out the B.S. artists and low-quality crap Hubs, so I'm all for it.

5. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

I don't have idled hubs, but I do have one that has been pending for over thirty hours.

6. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 5 years ago

I am up for this knowing how many so-called writers are stealing other people's articles. HP obviously doesn't want any of those here. A great idea to get rid of them. It is a benefit to this good writing site.

working