Weekly Topic Inspiration: Setting and Achieving Goals

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

December's theme on the HubPages blog is setting and pursuing goals- both on HubPages and elsewhere. We've shared some fun tips on writing about goals (which can help you stick to them and gain more readers), and to encourage you to get an early start, I decided to make goal-achievement this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration theme.

Some of our blog posts with tips on Hubbing about goals:
    How to Write Successful Articles About Meeting Goals
    Why Write About Personal Goals?
    Share Your Goals With Us!
    Five Great Online Writing Goals to Set for 2013
    Set Hubbing Goals for 2013

If you don't know where to start, here are some search-friendly titles to use:
    Setting Goals You Can Actually Achieve
    Simple Tips on Achieving Goals
    Goal Setting for Busy Moms
    Goal Setting for Teens
    Goal Setting Tips for College Students
    10 Great Goals and Objectives for New Mothers
    5 Goals and Objectives for First Time Entrepreneurs
    5 Goals and Objectives for New Retirees
    Smart Targets to Set When Setting Weight Loss Goals
    Goal Setting Theory 101
    SMART Goals: Examples and Tips
    Great Short-Term Goals to Help You Reach Larger Objectives
    How Short-Term Goals Make Big Goals Attainable
    50 Fabulous Life Goals
    Tips on Achieving Goals in Life
    How to Achieve Goals
    Career Goals: Examples and Tips
    Sound Financial Goals to Establish and Achieve
    Five Fun Goal-Setting Activities

To create search-friendly titles of your own, follow the steps outlined in this Learning Center guide.

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Stop by this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration Question.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

Oh, and do you want your WTI Hub to have a shot at becoming a Hub of the Day? Make sure the images are legally used and properly attributed!

1. profile image51
      andy02386posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image51
        andy02386posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

2. TheShawl profile image65
        TheShawlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I accepted the challenge and tried my hands on something. Here is a link to my new hub on achieving your goals. http://theshawl.hubpages.com/hub/How-To … ls-In-2013

2. Austinstar profile image83
      Austinstarposted 11 years ago

Surely I am not the only person writing on this week's topic? Well, here goes...
      http://austinstar.hubpages.com/hub/Five … Depression

Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It *is* a somewhat crazy time of year. wink

This is an excellent Hub, at any rate! Well-formatted, firendly, practical, useful, and compassionate- and talk about a good goal! I have a couple of people in mind who I'd like to send this to. Thanks for creating the Hub!

3. HoneyBB profile image93
      HoneyBBposted 11 years ago

http://honeybb.hubpages.com/hub/Setting … -For-Teens

This is the link to my hub  Setting Goals to Help Others - For Teens

I wrote this hub because I remember being a teen and wanting to make a difference in the world but not knowing where to start or who to go to for help.

I LOVE that approach!! I feel like so many teens feel unmotivated and powerless because their lives are so controlled and they feel like they can't do anything. This is so empowering.

4. neco555 profile image81
      neco555posted 11 years ago

http://neco555.hubpages.com/hub/Goal-Se … -Graduated

I have created a hub about goal setting for someone who has recently graduated from college, or high school, during the initial stages of establishing an independent life and a career.  I am currently 6+ months out school in which I graduated with a Bachelors in Science for Computer Science and am currently going through many of the things I talk about in the hub.  While the hub is geared towards young adults in their early 20's, I feel many of the tips and ideas are applicable to anyone.  If this hub doesn't help you, please feel free to share the hub with anyone in a similar position.

Thanks! smile

Morgan

I know a lot of recent grads who are feeling lost- and can benefit from this guide. So glad you created it! One small thing- it looks like you made a small error with your image citation- that you accidentally put the URL in the source box instead of the attribution. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

1. neco555 profile image81
          neco555posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The citation should be fixed now.  I added the url but didn't name the citation.  Thanks, Simone! smile

5. rosika profile image76
      rosikaposted 11 years ago

Just posted another hub on goals- 50 life goals of mine. It was quite interesting to explore my own goals for life.
      http://rosika.hubpages.com/hub/50-Fabulous-Life-Goals

6. davidlivermore profile image92
      davidlivermoreposted 11 years ago

This is my first weekly topic inspiration hub, which is "Definition of Career Goals".  This is something I wish I put more thought into when I was younger, so I felt it was an appropriate topic for me.

http://davidlivermore.hubpages.com/hub/ … reer-Goals

7. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Thanks for joining in, y'all!

Because I know a lot of people are hitting the road for holiday vacations, I thought it would be good to make this week's theme all about safe driving. If you have some advice to share, stop by the new thread!.

8. ThePracticalMommy profile image90
      ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years ago

I know I'm late with this, but I finally published this hub that I have been working on for this WTI: 10 Great Goals and Objectives for New Mothers

9. rosika profile image76
      rosikaposted 11 years ago

I was writing on same topic "10 Great Goals and Objectives for New Mothers", but ThepracticalMommy still won........I have been too too late. I will publish it under different topic soon! But great job Marissa!

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image90
        ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Aw, thanks! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)