HAVE YOU HAD AN ABORTION?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (57 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image58
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

If you have had an abortion or debating having an abortion in the future, please add your insight. I do not bring this question to judge or to hate. I simply ask to learn the logic of one getting or that has had an abortion. By adding your information, you could possibly be giving future minds a different perspective to view before making the decision. If you have had an abortion, do you regret it or are you comfortable with it? I will contest and deny any hate on the thread. Thanks

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have never had an abortion, simply because I have never had a situation that might call for one.  When I was 16 I had a "scare" and I know I would have probably had one.  I was greatful when my "scare" turned out to be a false alarm.  I would have one now, only if I found out my child was going to be terminally ill.  I wouldn't put a child through any suffering.  The point is that situation dictates everyones' actions.  There are times when abortion is wrong, and there are times when it is called for. I have mixed feelings about it.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank You for adding your perspective. I must rephrase: Thank You for adding your "logical" perspective without judgement.

2. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting personal question Marine. However, I'm guessing you are inclined towards people to not have abortions.(My opinion)  May I congratulate you in advance on the arrival of your new baby due in September this year smile

I will not answer due to the fact I don't want my personal opinion to relay upon future individuals that post whom have had or debating an abortion. As for your best wishes, thank you very much. Much appreciated.

2. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Now that's my favorite Marine with a BOMB! Cant wait to hear the responses on this one. Lol.

Thanks fiery. I truly hope some have courage to post. If one is content or regretfull of an abortion, either perspective would add an excellent insight and knowledge of "why" they get/got the abortion. One may even truly recognize a different perspective from their previous thoughts on abortion. In the debate of life, all perspectives are valued.

3. apeksha profile image66
    apekshaposted 14 years ago

I am not married yet .so no such situation can occur.

4. getpaidtopost profile image41
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

my wife has, she got caught when taking the pill. After discussions we both decided it was not the time for another baby and that having another baby would burden our lives.

The decision was not taken lightly and sometimes I still think of what if. But at the time it suited us to take this option.

I would first like to say: Thank You. The courage you displayed for posting is more brave than words can express.

When you think "what if", do you have any regret for the abortion or do you still feel more like it was the right decision? Does the right decision in your logic overpower any questions ? When you have the "what if" questions, please give me more insight on this if possible. Thank You for adding your insight.

2. ngureco profile image80
      ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

+1

It is not a race. Are you related to them? Please do not post info on someone else unless directly related unless they have asked you to speak for them.

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

This is a bomb alright. Good luck Marine. I hope you know what your are doing, brave fellow.

6. marinealways24 profile image58

Once again I would like to add. To all future postings from those who had an abortion, "your insight" will be read by hundreds if not thousands in the future. It takes a highly powerful individual to speak their logic on a public stage while a follower may remain unspoken. I do not wish to preach religion as I am not religious. I simply wish to understand your logic. Thank You.

7. marinealways24 profile image58

My wife asked me: Why wouldn't someone speak up if they were content with their abortion? My response: Why would someone speak up in the hateful judgemental society we live in? Why would one speak up to be ridiculed by preaching and religion? Why would one speak up to have judgement placed on them by peers? Why would someone speak up when the majority speaks from emotion rather than logic? This is why I say, speaking rather than silence is a truly courageous act that is truly commendable.

8. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I have!! And I believe it was my decision.

Thank You very much for posting. Again, you are truly courageous. Words do not tell. If you would be so kind to inform, please add more insight on why you made your individual decision and your thoughts looking back.

1. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I already had one child by the alcoholic abuser and didn't want another!!

Understood. Thank You for adding. When looking back on the decision, are you 100% content you made the right choice for yourself or do you have the slightest doubt or regret?

2. Davinagirl3 profile image61
          Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like your candor.  I think it is brave of you to speak out when a lot of people would be afraid to.  Alot of women go through what you have been through.  Your sense of freedom in your speaking about it is inspirational to us all.

Agreed. Very wise words.

9. kmackey32 profile image64

It was about 7 years ago. I had found a website that actually gave a donation to people who couldnt afford it. They didnt pay for the entire process but a small donation.

10. kmackey32 profile image64

Yes looking back it was the best decision, I just wish i would have moved outa the home rite after I did this because I used to sleep on the couch and one night a few months later he got me pregnant again and I didnt even know it. If you get what i am saying?

Understood. Thank You being brave to share your experience. I will not say whether I agree with you or not because I will not judge you. There is no logic in emotion or judgement. My entire goal was to understand your logic for your decision. If you have any other thoughts on your decision, please feel free to share. Thank You

2. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I gotta hand it to, Kmackey, you're bold as hell. This I've noticed about you. Among other things. Talking about all dis. You got a lot of minerals in ya.

3. profile image57
      Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not hesitate in telling you that you did the right thing.  That is not the circumstances in which a life should be conceived.  The sin is on the impregnator, not you.

Who should you be the one to judge sin? This is not a debate of religion or sin.

1. profile image57

My bad....he was a good guy.

Where have you been?  When the abortion question comes up religion and sin are right there behind it, hand in hand.  There are many here that would try to tell K that the sin was her's because she had an abortion.  My comment was merely a pre-emptive strike against those people...the people that always blame the women.  No, I certainly don't have the power to judge sin, but I don't think that I am going to have many detractors on this one....I mean, his penis just didn't fall into her vagina, did it?

2. marinealways24 profile image58

You judging the other is taking the point away from the topic. No one is debating whether actions are good and bad. You making assumptions on her other at the time is taking away from the point of the thread. Keep your judgments of sin to yourself please.

You are asking me where have I been? I'm asking where others have been. This is not a debate on religion or sins. How much progress do you think your sin judgements have made so far? You can live by your creations, I will live by logic.

11. kmackey32 profile image64

I can honesty say, although i love my children very much i wish i would have never had any kids by this man. Now untill they turn 18 it will be very hard because he is a very evil person.

1. profile image0

That's gotta suck for ya. Cant even imagine what thats like.

Thank You for adding. From my perspective of having a jacked up life at times, I can truly say the harder will eventually equate to stronger and wiser. If you convince yourself to look for hope for the better, you will always have the chance of finding the better. If you do not hope and search for the better, you will only make progress to the worst. Not trying to preach as I do not agree with preachers. Just trying to give you another perspective to view. Thank You

12. kmackey32 profile image64

What do you mean by I have alot of minerals in me? Yes i am bold in writting but would never speek the things I write. Well some things.

I think it is praise and compliment for speaking up yet I will let him answer.

2. profile image0

Minerals = balls, courage. See the legendary movie Snatch for more details. Lol.

13. kmackey32 profile image64

Oh ok. Understood now. I was going to ignore the thread but then i just couldnt resist. I was thinking all the religious preachers would start bashing me but then I didnt much care...

In my belief, there is no "logic" in religion or preaching, only emotions and irrationality. I have my individual opinion on abortion, yet this thread is not to relay my view, only to get the insight of those in a logical mindset when faced with abortion. You are extremely brave and I highly commend you. Thank You

Well, thank you!

Pleasure is all mine. Thank You

2. profile image0

A true religious preacher should offer words of comfort. Hey, I got a question for ya...why do you always make yourself out to be some kinda party-till-i-drop kinda girl in the forums? Talking about how  many drinks you had in a night and how naughty you got and all that stuff? All well and good. But do you really wanna be taken seriously in here. Or you just want everyone to take you like some party girl. You just seem like a smart lady to be dumbing yourself down like that. No qualms. Just an opinion.

Hmm good question. Oh There may be nights were I may sit on here have a few drinks but obviously im not doing bad stuff if you read my hub about my husband not having sex with me. LOL

2. profile image57

I wast just wondering why you think "party girls" are dumb?  Smart people aren't serious all the time.  We need to blow off stress too (!)and there's nothing like sipping a margarita and swirling around a dance floor.

14. kmackey32 profile image64

I think you just think I am a party girl because of the way I look! I used to be in my younger days though but in the last year I have only gone out like twice.

1. profile image0

I dont think you look like a party girl at all. You just make yourself out to be that way. Always making every thread topic into something about you drinking like crazy. I never figured it out. I've always followed you up on that in the threads, but you never come back to them, so I guess you never saw my comments. Probably proof that you really was high and didnt know what the hell you were saying? But in all, you're an okay lady, kmackey. No kidding.

Fiery, I don't think this will help the cause. This is drawing away attention from the true topic of discussion. In a sense it is being asked for her to explain herself from other forum posts. This is not the goal of the thread. I want to only know the logic of the abortion.

1. profile image0

sorry about that, man.

All is good. Thank You for your perspectives. As you are needed to direct the movie script, I will "attempt" to direct the thread so we can remain on topic. I have a feeling it will be a complicated task to say the least! lol

2. kmackey32 profile image64

Actually i prolly just went to bed.

Or went to work. Shh thats where I am now so I gotta go for a bit. by by

15. profile image57
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

I have never had an abortion.  I didn't ever have to make that decision, but I am glad that the choice was available to me, if needed.  I have two friends that had abortions.  I helped both of them pay for it.  They both have subsequently gone on to have other children.  I know that they sometimes think about the aborted fetuses and wonder what kind of people they would have become, but neither time was right for them.  You can only take so much burden, you know.  If people want to cut down on abortions, they shouldn't condemn unwed, young, mothers so much.  They should be willing to volunteer their time and even donate their money to help...but its so much easier to sling words like "baby killer" isn't it?

Yep thats rite!

Wise statement, I agree with it much.

16. kmackey32 profile image64

Yea I like to have fun and joke around alot! Life is to short to be serious all the time.

17. profile image57
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

Ok, K:  Sorry.  Peace be with you.

18. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Yes, I had it with some fava beans and a nice chianti fpp fpp fp fpp fpppp.

Hanibal Lechter

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)