Haven't heard from god for more than six weeks

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (169 posts)
  1. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

Nothing.

Where are you God?

1. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

janesix, It's GOD. I was vacationing in Jamaca, but I'm back now. Clean your room, say 4 Our Father's and 2 Hail Mary's and whatever you do, don't listen to brotheryochanan.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Rad man, Im just curious. Why is this mainly the only topic here that interests you?

1. profile image0

Good question Beth, most likely because we don't get to talk much about it in the real world and I'm fascinated in the different things people believe. I've played around a little in the political forums, but as I'm in Canada and have little interest in politics except for how and when politics are affected by religion. Anyhow religion and faith fascinates me. I was just reading about the church of latter-day Saints and what they believe. I understand what they believe, but I struggle with the why. Someone can just make stuff up and people will believe him. I think I'm starting to understand the psychology behind it.

For you 3 Our Fathers and 3 hail Mary's and don't listen to brotheryochanan as he has (from what I can tell) no sense of humour.

1. profile image0

Im not Catholic.

1. profile image0

As am I, that's a little funny NO?

1. profile image0

You am not Catholic either? lol... yeah, that's funny.

2. C.V.Rajan profile image59
      C.V.Rajanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Nothing. Where are you God?"

God: "Everything. Just look for me within yourself deeply and earnestly!"

3. Paul K Francis profile image85
      Paul K Francisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

God is walking in his garden in the cool of the day wondering, where is janesix? It's been over six weeks!

janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I knew it

4. Ratatoesk profile image57
      Ratatoeskposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just go into your bathroom and look into the mirrorat the wall  :-)

2. janesix profile image60

Come on, God. I remember when you used to tell me dirty jokes. Where's the fun?

1. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The god who would tell you dirty jokes would indeed leave you in order to confuse you adding to its deception.
      God, whom only has your best interests at heart will always communicate with you unless you were exercising some rebellious attitude, such is the case, "Adam where are you"?
      But obviously you were listening to the wrong god before.

You have obviously never met God. Who do you think invented irony and humor?

1. profile image0
          brotheryochananposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you invented inference since you claimed it with all hubrousness.

Some things are sober topics indeed. I would answer your question by saying that man invented, umm discovered perhaps is a better word, irony and humor and God told us when and how to appropriately use them.

That is your opinion.

Have you ever really talked to God? Did He talk back? Did HE interfere in your life?

1. C.V.Rajan profile image59
              C.V.Rajanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Believers talk to God through prayers and God answers them through His actions. God does not INTERFERE in my life. He is part of it!

3. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

Sorry, God's over at my place. We've been playing a lot of Skyrim and watching movies. He really enjoys Monty Python's Life of Brian, oddly enough.

That is creepily similar to my circumstances.....So weird! Did you happen to watch Erik the Viking too recently?

1. Zelkiiro profile image86
        Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

...Yeah, come to think of it. He was really insistent about that one.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Have you signed up for the 'Do Not Call' list recently? The whole God idea is a solicitor, of sorts.

5. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

I think you're all being pretty offensive, but maybe I wasn't invited on this thread. Maybe this is a closed door, private type of only-say-what-you'd-say-if no-one-else-could-be-hurt-or-offended type of thread.

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think some people don't have enough to do in their offline lives. No matter. This one's a tongue-in-cheek fest.

1. profile image0

You have some really yummy looking recipes. Will you come make my dinner? smile

cool You're a nice hoot.

2. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Could you explain? I don't see where anyone is attempting to offend.

This is just a bunch of folks having a snarky bit of fun. Think about it...haven't heard from god for more than six weeks? That's hilarious and worth a bit of back and forth.

1. profile image0

Are you saying she was joking? OK. But I missed the joke.

Actually, I was agreeing with you, that there was no offense intended. Sorry...long day...my communications skills need a re-charge.

2. profile image0

I have no doubt that God has a sense of humor. The point seems to be another stab at God, another stab at ppl with faith, if there is another way some of these comments were intended, I missed it and I apologize.

1. profile image0

It's  all in fun. I wouldn't take offense.

1. profile image0

*You wouldn't. lol

Alright then, if you meant God no disrespect, I wont take offense either. smile

1. profile image0

Don't take this the wrong way, but I wouldn't think it would be your place to be offended at a joke about God. If you believe, don't you think he is big enough to take a joke? I have years of anecdotal evidence that says if God exists, he has to have a great sense of humor.

1. profile image0

My dad was way bigger than me... oddly enough if you were to mock him, I'd be just as offended, whether he had it in his power to smush you or not.

1. profile image0

Seriously? I loved my Dad but he could laugh at himself better than anyone could laugh at him.  I laughed at him and with him.

1. profile image0

It may not show here but I have a pretty sharp sense of humor and as far as I could see, those jokes were designed to laugh at God not with Him... but again, maybe I misunderstood. You might have felt comfortable taking jabs at your dad, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it... you love him and I wouldn't want to hurt either one of you or disrespect either one of you in any way. Do you see what Im saying?

2. Prophet of Old profile image60
              Prophet of Oldposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you daft? Of course they mean to disrespect God, and offend all believers. Not only are they facetious, they are liars as well.

Did not brother Peter warn of these  venomous, vehement vermin, "Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, 'Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.'”

1. profile image0

Yes, I am quite often daft. Aren't you lovely? smile

1. Prophet of Old profile image60

I am not here to sugar coat the truth. You are not daft, but you are being walked down the road by these mockers as if you are. They do not care to be in fellowship with you. They are setting a trap for the unsuspecting and sweet of spirit such as yourself. You walk with God, and they would dissuade you, if it were possible.

Some may even be on the payroll.

Oh please.

Really.

2. profile image0

What you perceive as being fooled, I call being a peacemaker. I will do my best to be at peace with all men at all times, which includes you. However, if a really good opportunity for my sarcastic nature pops up, I can't make any promises. smile

2. profile image0

lol I might take offense if this didn't appear to be a joke.

No joke. I have got your number.

3. janesix profile image60

Oh. You must be one of those who think tha God is all sweetness and light. I don't understand how people can think that way. Weird.

1. profile image0

Oh.

1. bBerean profile image59
          bBereanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

6. Sally's Trove profile image79
    Sally's Troveposted 11 years ago

I think this thread was started to spark some fun and creative banter. That it's in a forum where hot debates happen because of peoples' beliefs, well, I guess that intensified a few things. But, Beth, if you're offended by where this thread went, then I hope you reconsider. God's big enough to appreciate a banter about himself (wish I were that big!). I suspect he'll forgive us all for our human ways.

7. profile image0

I already told her if she meant no disrespect, I wouldn't take any offense.

1. profile image0

And, I'll say again. It really isn't any of your business to determine what may or may not be offensiveto an  assumed deity. Unless, you expect us to think you are God. And then, I would think a lack of a sense of humor would be the least of your concerns.

1. profile image0

Ppl seem to be very detached from God. If they do think of Him, it's in the sense that the idea of Him was forced on them/society as youths, and now they have wised up and rejected the ridiculous notion. No matter what the case, my point is that what may be a pot shot at "a god" in the sky, real to you or not... to *me and ppl like me, you have taken a shot at someone I love. Someone I have dedicate my life to, someone I would give my life for and who has rescued me from a fate worse than death. It may seems like a little joke, but in a forum where God is nothing short of blasphemed, I can't help but to say... "Hey, would you mind pointing that thing the other way."

This is why I brought up the notion of insulting my biological dad... so that maybe you would understand it is a personal thing to me. Thanks for understanding. smile

1. profile image0

I'm not attempting to be difficult here, but it isn't so much my need to understand as it is your need to stop attempting to force your beliefs on others. And expecting others to change behavior patterns to be in line with your sensibilities is exactly that. It's great that you have decided you need a God and that you feel he was your salvation. However, even believers don't claim God is a person. Don't attempt to convince others that your feelings on the matter should take precedence over their own.  And don't compare him to your biological father, unless you are now claiming to be the last scion.

1. profile image0

Well alrighty then Emile. I spose that's the way it is in the world now. Like I said, I hope you have a good night.

2. bBerean profile image59

So, just to be clear, you expect Beth to change her behavior patterns to be in line with your sensibilities which tell you that she should not expect others to change behavior patterns to be in line with her sensibilities.  How is that not the epitome of hypocrisy?

1. profile image0

Probably isn't hypocritical because if I don't like something, I avoid it; as opposed to  insisting my opinion of the sensibilities of a cosmic entity should take precedence and everyone should tow my line.

See the difference? Probably not. Does that mean there is no difference? No.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but your imaginary God is not the same thing as a biological dad by any stretch of the imagination. Just because you believe in an invisible sky daddy, don't expect it's going to command any respect whatsoever, quite the contrary, it should be ridiculed.

8. profile image0

We are doing the good cop/bad cop scenario. I was totally setting you all up. lol

I don't frequently chime in anymore, but blatant irony can be hard to pass up.

1. profile image0

Well I appreciate you caring enough to say so. smile

2. profile image0

I feel the same about blatant ignorance.

1. profile image0

Well Im glad this thread was all meant in good fun as purported.

I had fun. wink

2. profile image0

Well, you made it clear you were offended upon arrival. It simply seemed someone should give you what you wanted so you didn't have to fabricate offense.

1. profile image0

Emile, I don't know how old you are, so I will just assume you are a mature adult. I have spoken kindly and truthfully to you since my arrival. I have appealed to your sense of understanding and walked away several times allowing you the final say in the debate. If you cannot respect my perspective, then I can only imagine that you choose not to or you can't understand the opinion Im trying to share with you. Ive made it as clear as possible and spoken as humbly as possible. I am a sinner, I fail daily, but I love my God and when I see Him mocked, I hope that I will always speak up on His behalf. I know His love for me is great and I owe Him so much. He loves you too Emile.

1. profile image0

You speak on your own behalf. You don't speak for a deity. So, you are not really being honest. Are you?

And, I am aware that I have come off as rude, in your opinion. Are you aware how rude you have come off? I don't get the impression you do. So, which behavior is the more considerate?

1. profile image0

I am not speaking *for God, I believe there in-lies the misunderstanding. I am speaking as one who loves God. I guess you don't follow, and that's ok.
                  Im sorry you think I was rude. I will cut the back and forth short and wish you well yet again.

1. profile image0

I wish you well also, but I'd have been happier if you had understood the point. I do understand yours, I simply think refusing to take into account the goodness in others, while trying ingratiate oneself to God goes against everything good that can be found in religion.

9. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

janesix wrote:
    Have you ever really talked to God? Did He talk back? Did HE interfere in your life?
    = - = - = - = -

YES  HE Has.   Did he tell me how sweet and special I am?  NO ...   
    Did he tell me what to do?  NO ...   but I learned things which caused me to make a different choice than I would have.    He even steped out in front of me once when I was driving like a mad man causing me to slam on the brakes; then he disapeared. And around the next curve a car was stalled out in the middle of a dark winding country road.
       He even told me the secretes of the universe one day, but before I could write down a single word......   It all melted from my mind.   
        Has he talked to me? I can't begin to tell you how many times.

1. profile image0

I had the same experience when I was much younger. I was given the secrets of the universe, but I couldn't hold onto them long enough to remember them. I was even given the winning lottery tickets once and was able to write them down, but because I don't gamble I didn't play, but I still have the lottery numbers as evidence.

2. janesix profile image60

right on man, cool

I'm kind of glad he's leaving me alone right now.

I'm done with spirituality. Fourth density nonsense for me all the way.

1. profile image0

If you were done with it, you wouldn't be posting on this forum. You don't even want to let it go by my estimation.

lol, you are probably right. It frustrates me.

1. profile image0

Im really sorry. Don't be frustrated. Just know nothings final yet. Life is a continual progression. God has not forgotten you. He's waiting patiently. He loves you.

I know I made a joke about this, but at the core there is the basis of truth.

I also apologize to anyone I offended.

1. profile image0

When I say I wish you the very best, I mean that. smile

Thank you:)

2. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I read this the other day and wanted to say something but didn't know what.   wasn't trying to be rude.  and don't know if this is it either but here it is.

Everyone has gotta be doing something diffrent than everyone else.
        Everyone can't be serving or there would be no one for the servers to serve.
        If everyones hobby was fishing, all them people making golf clubs would be out of a job.
        If everybody were truck drivers nobody would be loading the truck.

Just keep doing what you are doing ........   it pleases somebody.

that didn't make sence but it pleased me to type it.

1. profile image0

I liked it.

10. profile image0

Why am I the only one here with a real name and pic? lol... Somethings odd.

Yet you wonder why you have stalkers?
      NEVER use your pic for an avatar. Or your name. Think about it.

You showed up at a masquerade flea market without a costume.

1. profile image0

And wth is a masquerade flea market? (ooh, you're a little edit fiend aren't you?)

HubPages.

I know my way around.

1. profile image0

You don't read hubs. Is your name James?

No, not unless they are recipes for macaroons.

This is not the only quark, drupal based program on the planet, sister.

https://www.facebook.com/wdcurry111

1. profile image0

You sure know a lot of computer jargon for a prophet of old.

3. bBerean profile image59

Admittedly, my schedule has not allowed me to spend much time here, but my intent is to publish information for those seeking knowledge of God, and discernment.  Much of what I publish will be controversial and very unpopular.  I have a great deal of responsibility and people relying on me, (which is why I have such difficulty finding time to write), even though I average only 2 - 3 hrs for sleep.  So far, all I have been able to manage with Hubpages is quick comments here and there, which I enjoy, as I work.  Bottom line is I will do this project as time allows, hopefully more in the not too distant future, but need not have it cause difficulty for those counting on me.  I am also a long time student of prophecy and aware that very difficult times are upon us.  There is no such thing as anonymity anymore, but why make it easy?

You need more sleep. That is not healthy.

1. profile image0

Aw, look how the profit of old cares about you berean.

2. bBerean profile image59

Long story.  Child with multiple disabilities needing 24x7.  I relieve my wife whenever home, but as the only provider must work 60 + hours per week, plus commuting.  I can do better without the sleep than my wife.  My child prefers to sleep when I am gone, wants to interact when I am home.  Have been doing this over 20 years and am used to little sleep.  Sometimes I get to catch up a bit on weekends. Anyway, no real choice.  Thank you for your concern.

Busy, busy dad. I am afraid we have let you down in our society. You owe it to all who depend on you to be well rested and alert.

2. profile image0

Interesting... well, we all need to do what works for us.
        I gotta get ready for work. I am so dreaming of that Officer and a Gentleman scene at the end right now, remember... ugh. I don't want to go in today.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have no knowledge of God, no one does.

11. profile image0

Holy cow, it just got rough around here... the profit of old told me to get a clue. sad

Did I? I don't see that anywhere.

12. Prophet of Old profile image60
    Prophet of Oldposted 11 years ago

The Lord is with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Peace.

1. profile image0

Thank you. smile

That was for all who enter. Do you feel the peace?

1. profile image0

Ill let you know.

Berean, I thought you were a woman... don't know why, I just assumed... maybe because you seemed caring... maybe that is b/c of caring for your wife and child for so long. Anyway, I wish you both well and a good day to you. Ill be back in 7 or so hours, take care. smile

Ty.  Have a good day at work!

God bless you, brother! C-ya.

u2, ty

Check me out on Facebook. I left a link at the top of the page. Let it be known that a writer actually showed up here today!

1. profile image0

I sent you a FR and a msg. to your "other" folder... gotta go. smile

13. janesix profile image60

He's back.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)