GOP Snubs Chris Christie: Hes Not Invited To CPAC

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

Last year, New Jersey Republican Governor Chris Christie was the star of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). He delivered a fiery speech blasting President Obama. The crowd roared as he talked about job growth, the ineffective waste stimulus plan that did nothing to help this economy,and pointed out all of the the core difference between who we are and what he represents for America.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8239/8506622723_d56ebb9099.jpg
    And this year? Hes not even invited. That's right. Superstar, mega-popular Chris Christie has been excluded from the second most important GOP gathering of the year. He has been upstaged and put to the back burner, replaced with people like Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin. Yes, two losers will be the big attractions at CPAC 2013.
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/25 … pac-video/
    Some have stated that Chris is really a Democrat in disguise...is this true?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I dunno.   But it does seem like he fell prey to a bit of Obama-worship.    Especially since the Southern States that were hit so hard by storm Sandy are still complaining that they're not receiving proper help.    Who's to blame for that?     Eh......Obama of course.   Yet few people dare to blame him outright.   Wonder why?

So....really,  I think it's okay for the GOP to ignore Christie if they want to.   I wish they had ignored Colin Powell and his political ilk too,  or at least called him out on the carpet for his outright bias.
      And Palin and Romney aren't losers any more than anybody in the GOP or the Democrat Party who lost races.

And maybe...just maybe....the GOP doesn't need a "shining star".   Most especially we don't need a "star-struck" person who caves in to Obama's oft-touted charismatic deceitfulness.
      What the GOP needs is a leader who won't take any carp from the Left.   Doesn't have to be a pretty face;  but must be a strong leader who is backed by common-sense supporters.   
      Common-sense supporters and public rebuke of all the fraudulent voting policies from the Democrat Party could've "saved" Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney.   But whatever.   The Right's time will come again.    Sadly, maybe not in time to reverse the horrific policies Obama has put in place unless he is impeached and exposed for the unfit candidate he was and is.

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, Brenda,  as seen in the last election, the Left is a sizable portion of the electiorate, so the "my way or the highway" approach by the GOP is dead on arrival. So you guys can turn hard Right and find yourselves once again falling off into the ditch of defeat

But on the otherhand "whatever floats your boat"

1. profile image0

Ya know what?
          It ain't really victory if it's won at the cost of compromising principles.
          So you go "right ahead" yourself and enjoy your compromised Party's favor.

1. Credence2 profile image79
            Credence2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

But that attitude will condemn the GOP to be always on the outside looking in, and if you cant win elections what good is it all? The majority of the current electorate are not buying your 'principles'.
            Yes, I am a Democrat who, when I compare it with the GOP, consider it the lesser of two evils.  You guys are so far right you are definitely wrong, how do you think that you could possibly prevail?

1. profile image0

What do you mean by "you guys"?
              I'm most certainly not "too far" Right.

Perhaps you're referring to the few Republicans who are on the fringe of radicalism.   Well, let me tell ya,  the Democrat Platform is waaaay past the fringe.

I really don't know if the GOP will "prevail" or not,  like I said.
              But I most certainly think they will eventually IF they stand their ground and don't fall prey to the fear-mongering that says they'll never win.    Personally, I would like to believe that the majority of Americans will come out of their mesmerized state of mind and actually weigh the facts and morals.    But we'll see!   If citizens think they have no say in their government,  then this past election proved 'em wrong-----they elected the wrong person, period.   So indeed that result is on their hands (barring proof of major election fraud,  which is possible....)

1. Josak profile image60
                Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You most certainly are on the right wing fringe of mainstream politics, without a doubt.

1. profile image0

Um no I don't think so at all.
                  I am on the Right, yes, and in the right.
                  But there is nothing akin to radicalism in my views.
                  It's just that my views aren't subject to change at the whim of politics or politicians.
                  So you can stop trying to label me that way any ol' minute now.

1. Josak profile image60
                    Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are the second most right wing poster on the politics forums of hubpages. Extremely religious, extremely socially conservative, extremely fiscally conservative and willing to make laws to enforce those social views.

Sorry but the facts are the facts. The truth is there is nowhere on earth you would not be considered far right.

2. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 11 years ago

Hi, Stacie, this is just the problem with the GOP. They fail to recognize one of their shining stars standing right before them. This vengeful attitude marks their brand and insures that they will  never be taken seriously by the majority of the electorate in the near future.

They wish to divide themselves in this way, I say, 'more power to em'. It is just a way of making sure that they stay out of the way , while progressives get things done!

He is GOP, but the party does not recognise that his moderation is the key to their survival.There was nothing on this side of the sun that could have saved either Mitt Romney nor Sarah Palin, but Christie would have given the President a closer race last fall, or perhaps even won.

3. Superkev profile image60
    Superkevposted 11 years ago

8% unemployment, 12 million still out of work, gas prices topping 4 dollars, Solyndra, Benghazi....on and on. This is what you call "getting things done" huh?

1. profile image0

ha
      good question!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)