Should we trust the "legitimate" media, such as the BBC?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (30 posts)
  1. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 11 years ago

The BBC is in Court in the UK on 25 February 2013 for manipulating evidence and providing biased coverage of the September 11, 2001 Attacks . . .

http://www.globalresearch.ca/historic-c … ks/5323881

Famously, the BBC annouced that building 7 had collapsed, whilst all the time it was untouched, still standing, and still visible, in shot behind the announcer . . . later, it did indeed collapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwOT29gbc

What do you think?

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't trust any media. Reporters aren't experts, and they might be biased.

Trust primary sources as far as the quality of their data justifies it.

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the claims that the BBC were directly involved in the attacks is frankly barking!

And why are they in court in West Sussex, why not London where there head office is?

sannyasinmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is no suggestion of the BBC being involved in the attacks. They are being accused of falsifying information and making biased reports . . did you watch the youtube video of the BBC report?

you can clearly see building 7 in the background after she has just told that it had collapsed...

No, there are claims out there that the BBC was directly involved!

BTW, you are aware that reporters are not always standing in front of what they appear to be standing in front of? In other words, when she said that Building 7 had collapsed it may well have done with her against a background of an earlier view before Building 7 had collapsed.

I was unaware of the claims that the BBC were involved - that seems a bit far fetched . .

As fas as the BBC "LIVE" report on youtube, there is smoke rising from the site, and the BBC themselves have not answered the questions in that manner (blue screen, previous footage etc)

However, regarding reports talking against green screens/backgrounds, there is footage on youtube of Anderson interviewing one of the Sandy Hook actors for CNN, with an appropriate "background" behind him, when something goes wrong and half of his nose disappears . . he also denied talking in front of a green screen . . .

2. innersmiff profile image65
              innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I similarly have never heard the theory that the BBC were directly involved. If it's part of the 'TV fakery' theory (theorising that there were no planes, and what we saw was actually a computer graphic), I wouldn't pay much heed. This does not represent the sane view of those who wish to see a proper investigation of 9/11.

1. innersmiff profile image65

But then if we are implying prior knowledge we have to imply a cover-up, which is technically being part of the conspiracy.

Yes, it certainly seems that the BBC were party to the knowledge (scripted or otherwise) that building 7 would be brought down, well before it actually collapsed .

The real question is, how could they have known this in advance - and more to the point, who provided them with this information?

1. Josak profile image59
                    Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this
  2. mattforte profile image87
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

If you don't believe what the media says...why believe what they show? The same people who will obsinantly state that building 7 was still there (being ignorant of green screen technology) are the people who will raise other conspiracy theories involving the *use* of said technology.
    Conspiracy theorists are so self defeating. Without a doubt...there are conspiracies out there. But as long as you stand on your soapbox shouting out stupid garbage like this....you will never be taken seriously by anybody that matters...and the real conspiracies (the ones involving smart people that are actually well covered up) have nothing to fear.

The timing of the report doesn't match up to real life. They reported it collapsed a good 15 to 20 minutes before it actually did.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

I hear BBC has be co-opted by the usual suspects, who can't be rounded up.

4. innersmiff profile image65
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

The BBC was also involved in a massive cover-up of institutional pedophilia that is FINALLY being looked at. They admit to abandoning neutrality in certain sectors, harass those who do not wish to watch television at all through their TV licensing goons, and fail to report on the blinding injustices across the world.

It's pretty widely accepted that this was live footage. As far as I'm aware, and I might be wrong, the BBC has never claimed that it was a green/blue screen. They did hide the footage afterwards though.

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Building 7 was a demolition, so never thought it mattered much.

6. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 11 years ago

Um.................The magistrates court are NOT hearing a charge against the BBC.

A man is being prosecuted for not paying his TV licence fee( this is mandatory in the UK)

His defence is the issue of the 9/11 and the BBC coverage- this defence may or may not be heard- the magistrates may deem it as inadmissible. There would be no grounds for the BBC to be called as witnesses.

Whatever one thinks about our somewhat tarnished national broadcaster it is rather annoying that others pick up on a fact and then twist that fact to fit their agenda.

Thanks Caseworker.

That sets my mind at rest - a bit. I did think it rather strange that the BBC should end up in court in Sussex over the matter.

No doubt the story of the British media suppressing the news will run and run though.

7. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 11 years ago

. .  and here is the outcome of the court hearing
    http://www.reinvestigate911.org/content … -protestor

8. TB Bullock profile image60
    TB Bullockposted 11 years ago

I recently responded to a remarkably similar discussion, and will basically re-iterate what I told the conspiracy people about the American news stations. The original link is deeply lacking in legitimation, as that website is not only 1. subject to the opinions of the writers 2. very obviously edited with the goal of fostering a palpable anti-American and anti-capitalist agenda. The second link doesn't necessarily support the claim with starkly apparent or even sufficient premises, and leaves the viewer to decide whether they were watching something along the lines of a technical difficulty (fairly common in news reporting, even more likely with every single phone line in New York frantically operating) or a piece in a puzzle that would constitute the most elaborate mass deception of humanity ever, which would require the assistance of the news (which turned on the supposed conspirators during the housing crisis). As agitating as the ill-informed conspiracy theorists in America are, this claim strikes me as even more absurd. What would the BBC have to gain by reporting a news story based on American corporate interests, as the theories suggest? Exactly how far is the influence of the "1%" supposed to go? I suppose I should have been more polite, but I have found myself flustered at the willingness of people to buy into these theories and therefore dishonor the memory of the innocents that lost their lives. I beg believers in these absurd and unfounded theories to use reason and logic to arrive at what is clearly the most obvious conclusion: the attacks were performed by terrorists. Your charges that the BBC "manipulated evidence and provided biased coverage" themselves come from sources that do EXACTLY THAT.

I also don't believe the conspiracy theory that some guy with a beard, holed up in a cave in the mountains, could mastermind such a complex operation.  There are so many holes in this story that it is like tryting to hold water in a sieve. And, many, many people think the same.

I know it is hard to accept, and it challenges the very foundation of peoples beliefs, but more and more people now able to open their minds and ask real questions ....

These people include architects, pilots, engineers and more who know what they are talking about, and all want the truth ....   

Start here ...
      http://www.ae911truth.org

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I guess you missed all the videos he made over the years. But of course, they were probably faked too, right?

If you say they were faked, why should I doubt you? And . . .if you provide the links to the videos, I will watch them. 

Did you read the information that I provided? I suspect that you did not, but then hope springs eternal, so here it is again . It is called "Hiding Polio" and many medical professionals describe how polio has not been eradicated at all, but has been disguised as other illnesses with different names, so as to preserve the polio "clean sheet" as it were. These are MD's Phds etc. Legitimate enough for you?

Here is a quote just to wet your appetite . .
          "...while India has been polio-free for a year, there has been a huge increase in non-polio acute flaccid paralysis (NPAFP). In 2011, there were an extra 47,500 new cases of NPAFP. Clinically indistinguishable from polio paralysis but twice as deadly, the incidence of NPAFP was directly proportional to doses of oral polio received. Though this data was collected within the polio surveillance system, it was not investigated."
          http://www.whale.to/vaccine/polio1.html

I wait to see your opinion on this information, after you have read it.

Of course, if one site says it is so it must be so. I had trouble reading that site since it looks so much like a tabloid.

"Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.” - Gandhi

But whose truth?

I must say, you read through the website I provided very quickly.
                  And your opinion?

2. sannyasinman profile image60

One site you say? There are now thousands of "legitimate" professionals all over the world who don't believe the official story and want to know the truth..

Pilots
              http://pilotsfor911truth.org/

Architects and Engineers
              http://www.ae911truth.org/

Scholars
              http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org/

Lawyers
              http://l911t.com/

Political Leaders
              http://pl911truth.com/

and there are many more . . .

PS. Have you read ANY of these sites yet?

Seriously. Sceptics MUST watch AE911's Blueprint for Truth. A completely scientific, non-speculating analysis of how the official story could not possibly be true.

2. TB Bullock profile image60
        TB Bullockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What exactly are the holes? I respectfully ask that you provide hard evidence here, I'm afraid a website with the obvious goal of proving a conspiracy carries inherent journalistic bias and is therefore rendered insufficient. Additionally, you neglected to address any of the issues I raised in my previous statement which currently are outstanding. Can you provide any reason why I should make the incredible leap of faith required in order to even mentally entertain these theories? Of course you're entitled to your belief and I do not hold you in the slightest of contempt for choosing to have this worldview, I am simply requesting that you offer sufficient evidence to support the claim, given the profound magnitude it's implications. As a final point, are the professionals who don't believe in the more logical conclusion "legitimate" or are they legitimate?

The website, in particular the presentation I cite 'Blueprint for truth', presents the scientific evidence that at least puts the official story into question, if not destroys it altogether. This includes: observations of building 7 that it fell at free-fall acceleration, contradicting the 'collapse due to fires' theory, records of explosions being heard and evidence of thermite plasma at the scene. Most significantly: the impact of the aircraft and the burning of jet fuel could not have been enough force to produce the collapse observed on WTC1 and 2.

When the science is considered, arguments to the nature of the conspiracy, for example "how could so many people keep it quiet?" fade into insignificance. These are not substitutes for scientific analysis.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)