Weekly Topic Inspiration: Renewable and Alternative Energy

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

There are more options to use renewable and alternative energy in everyday life now than there ever before.  Whether you have had solar panels installed on your roof or have opted to get your electricity from a renewable power plant, I want to hear your tips and advice on doing more to incorporate green energy into your life.

Hubs on things you already have that use green energy (e.g. a hybrid car or a solar-powered cell phone charger) are ideal, because you can share your thoughts on the upsides and downsides of these products and draw from real experience (plus use fabulous original photos).

That said, if you're considering adding more renewable energy into your life and doing research on the best avenues to take, be sure to share that in Hub form, too!

Some title ideas for those who don't quite know where to start:
    How to Use Solar Lights in Your Home
    Five Awesome Solar Gadgets
    The Best Solar Charger for Phones and Laptops
    The Best Solar Charger for Backpackers
    Geothermal Energy for Homes
    Hydroelectric Power for Homes
    Solar Water Heater Installation Tips
    Renewable Resources We All Can Use
    How to Boost Energy Efficiency by Using Renewable Energy
    Solar City Living Ideas: Using Green Energy in Your Apartment
    Solar Cooker Tips and Recipes
    Biomass Energy for Your Home
    Alternative Energy Sources For Your Home

To create search-friendly titles of your own, follow the steps outlined in this Learning Center guide.

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Stop by this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration Question.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

Oh, and do you want your WTI Hub to have a shot at becoming a Hub of the Day? Make sure the images are legally used and properly attributed!

2. busillis22 profile image89
    busillis22posted 11 years ago

I'm excited to give this a try!

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Huzzah! I quite look forward to reading what you have to share. big_smile

3. Howard S. profile image90
    Howard S.posted 11 years ago

Are WTI hubs answering a given question collected or connected in any way? If answering through the green radio button, they should be. I've only done a couple of these, but used to do a lot of HubMobs and answered a couple of isolated questions with hubs. In those days, there was something in the right margin above related hubs that said this hub answered such-and-such question.

4. Vinaya Ghimire profile image80
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 11 years ago

Looks like I have found interesting writing ideas. I hope to do couple of titles.

5. Abbyfitz profile image74
    Abbyfitzposted 11 years ago

I enjoyed doing the weekly topic inspiration so much last week, I decided to give it a go again. Using solar power in my home has been a dream of mine for a while now. I did a little research to see what all it would require.

How to Solar Power Your House
    http://hub.me/aeSjg

1. dilipchandra12 profile image65
      dilipchandra12posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good hub, am actually having one more hub (apart from the below new one i made) on Solar Power; http://dilipchandra12.hubpages.com/hub/ … olar-Power  that's a general overview regrading the solar power.

6. dilipchandra12 profile image65
    dilipchandra12posted 11 years ago

This is second time participation in weekly topic inspiration. Here is my hub on Solar Gadgets; http://dilipchandra12.hubpages.com/hub/ … ed-gadgets

1. Abbyfitz profile image74
      Abbyfitzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great article! You don't know how much I want that solar lawnmower lol

1. dilipchandra12 profile image65
        dilipchandra12posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Abbyfitz, i like solar powered mobile and that solar backpack too, really cool gadgets...

7. busillis22 profile image89
    busillis22posted 11 years ago

My new hub on hydroelectric home power!

http://busillis22.hubpages.com/hub/Hydr … Home-Power

8. Howard S. profile image90

My Experience of Living in a Solar-Powered House

I built it. I lived in it. That was our only power for many years. And that's my story--with photos to prove it.

9. Howard S. profile image90

Rainwater Plumbing: Designing, Building & Owning my House

We lived off-grid in a remote area for many years. Besides solar electric power, I designed and built my house to use rain water. Nine photos.

10. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Thanks for joining in, y'all! This is one of my favorite subjects, so I now view you as having impeccable taste. wink

I am very excited to announce that we have given the Weekly Topic Inspiration program a fabulous new update. Learn all about it in the latest forum thread!

11. Vinaya Ghimire profile image80
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 11 years ago

http://vinayaghimire.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Use-Biogas
    I had been procrastinating to publish this hub because I did not have original photos, but finally I thought I will use creative commons photos this time and later update with my original images.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)