Can I remove my articles from my blog and publish them here?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. youssefdoukkali profile image57
    youssefdoukkaliposted 11 years ago

I have about 8 articles I don't know if is accepted that I transfer them from my blog to this site. Thank for your help.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Peruse http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents to see if your topics are acceptable and to learn lots of other stuff.

Then, if all appears well...

Check to see if your articles have been stolen. If not, then delete the articles from your blog.

Request Google via Webmasters Tools to remove the deleted articles from the index.

Wait a couple days.

Put a big, fat message on your profile announcing what you are doing.

Publish your articles here.

The articles may still get flagged as duplicate, and you will still have to get back to HP via email as to what you are doing. But eventually everything should get worked out.

Btw, I did the big-fat-msg-on-profile thing way back when I transferred my articles from eHow. I had no problems, so apparently it worked. Your results may vary. smile

1. Simone Smith profile image87
        Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excellent advice, paradigmsearch! Thanks for sharing your steps!

2. Paul Maplesden profile image77
      Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You may also want to put a '301 redirect' on your old blog article address to direct to the new HP hub article address, this will transfer the visitor seamlessly if they do visit your old address (from a link or other search engine). If you use Wordpress or Blogger to blog, searching for 301 redirect will get you a bit more information.

This thread is turning into The Complete Guide on How to Transfer Articles. big_smile

2. youssefdoukkali profile image57
    youssefdoukkaliposted 11 years ago

Thank you for your pristine answer. I have to admit I cannot do all these steps without making a mess lol , I prefer to try one single article and see the reaction of Hubpages  guys. smile

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The least you can do is check to see if your article you deleted still shows up in Google, Yahoo and Bing. Wait until these three search engines drop the listing, then it's saver to publish it as a your Hub. Still no guarantees however. But it worked for me.

Yo! How's that kale tea doing? I'm drinking that stuff everyday. I want that lutein...

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
          Glenn Stokposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ha Ha - funny you ask. I just made a cup of it last night.

2. youssefdoukkali profile image57
        youssefdoukkaliposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your replay.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If it's all too hard, the simple version is to delete them from your blog, wait three or four weeks, and then republish them here.  That gives Google time to work out they're gone.

Having said that, are you hoping to make money online with your writing?  If you are, and those instructions are too hard, then I'd say give up now.  Making money online is about 10% writing and 90% self-promotion, search engine optimisation, traffic analysis, etc etc.

I know it looks daunting at first but take it slowly, I'm sure you can do it.

1. youssefdoukkali profile image57
        youssefdoukkaliposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marisa for your replay. I am not planning to make money with my writing I have gained 4 dollars in 3 years and with a lot of hassle. I know it is hard to gain money. My real goal is to improve my English so I can write my own books:)

3. John Jason Hosac profile image60
    John Jason Hosacposted 11 years ago

I would input an auto redirect in your blog to here and remove the content from your other site and post it here. It may take some time to get it straightened out due to hubpages' policy on duplicate material posted elsewhere.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)