The Secret of My Success!

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (26 posts)
  1. my-success-guru profile image56
    my-success-guruposted 14 years ago

Think about it. The quality of questions we ask ourselves determines the quality of our lives. What’s the difference between those who are successful and those who aren’t? It’s the quality of there questions. By asking better quality questions those who are successful make critical distinctions that others don’t. Back in the day when the automobile industry was still in its infancy stage, hundreds of pioneering people experimented with building them, but Henry ford distinguished himself by asking a quality question “How can I mass produce such a machine?” Ghandi accomplished what an army of men couldn’t accomplish by asking himself the powerful question “How can I free India in a nonviolent way from British control? Bill Gates became the worlds wealthiest man by asking, how can I license (dos) instead of selling it.

How has the power of questions made a difference in your life?

1. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I remember Tony Robbins saying that about Bill Gates. The power of questions helps me set reasonable goals.

2. TrinaLynne profile image71
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love this topic. My "question" is how far do I want my writing to go? What am I going to do to get it there?

2. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I think that questions are an essential part of goal setting which has led to positive changes in my life.

"How do I get there from here"
    "Where do I see myself in five years?"
    "What do I need to do in order to achieve that?"
    "Who do I need to get to know, to make this happen?"
    "What will the ultimate benefits of my goal be?"

The answers have led me (and continue to lead me) to the correct steps to take to succeed.

You have to be careful with questions though because inevitably, negative ones will always pop up, resulting in limited success. "What if it doesn't work?"....etc.

I also believe that positive visualizations are key. (I suppose the visualizations would result from the answers to questions)
    As silly as it may sound (I'm not into any psychic stuff or whatever), but I typically have very strong images when setting goals for myself. More often than not, my goals have been reached and the visualizations in my mind are proven correct. It can actually be eerie at times and I experience 'deja-vu' a lot.

So, I think that by asking yourself powerful questions and then answering them mentally with powerful visualizations of goals, you can definitely have as much success as you can handle!

I find that visualizing numbers, relationships, career goals and other key things can really help you out. By visualizing things, you instruct your brain that it's ok to reach for this goal, no matter what, because you know it can and will happen and you won't hold yourself back (like so many of us do).

3. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Yeah, like how do I become the world's greatest film director? I know - I have a plan. (suspenseful music plays in the background)

4. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

You're right about the need to ask the RIGHT questions, that's for sure.  I recall my third marriage (Pam is #7) when I shifted from "How can I make this marriage work?" to "How can I get OUT of here?"  Made all the difference in MY world, tell you what!

my-success-guruposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AHHH that's funny man!!!

5. my-success-guru profile image56

Who else wants to jump in here???

6. my-success-guru profile image56

Thanks for jummping in!!!

7. janni321 profile image58
    janni321posted 14 years ago

What I have to give to others?

8. my-success-guru profile image56

OK GOOD START WHAT ELSE? One of my favorites is What am I grateful for? It forces me to find the best in situations.

9. my-success-guru profile image56

Jump in!!!

10. apeksha profile image65
    apekshaposted 14 years ago

where I will be after 3 years ?

11. my-success-guru profile image56

Good one!

12. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

It is a known legal fact that the person who asks the question is the person of more power.  The lawyer who asks the smart question more often than not are the one who will win the case.  The person who asks the question put the other person on the line because they have to respond  to the person asking the question that places him in a weakened position.

Another simple scenario:  Teacher asking question and student responding.  Who is the person in  power?

Being reactionary is never good and the person who is questioned has to act as the reactionary by answering the question. 

Also it is never a good idea to be defensive and the person answering the question is put in that position.  So the person who asks the question has more power because of placing the responder in a reactionary state, weakening the respondent and putting him on the defensive.

13. my-success-guru profile image56

Good observations!

14. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Success Guru are you a Life coach and if you are not, would you consider it? (just going by your hub name)

15. my-success-guru profile image56

It's amazing how simple questions can make a huge difference! smile

16. my-success-guru profile image56

Great questions! Who else wants to share the power of questions?

1. alekhouse profile image71
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this seminar of something?

my-success-guruposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's an excerpt from my book

17. my-success-guru profile image56

Jump in and tell your own success story by asking yourself questions!

18. my-success-guru profile image56

Do you think asking yourself the right questions can make a difference in your life?

1. andromida profile image54
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think asking the right question is like just cross the first hurdle and success comes through persistent action on a well devised plan.

19. my-success-guru profile image56

Who else has something to share about the power of questions???

20. my-success-guru profile image56

Who else has something to share about the power of questions???

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)