I'm dying to see two more followers to get to the magic 300 followers!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (40 posts)
  1. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 10 years ago

Wow, Escobana, you really are worth following, your hubs are topical and informational and I am looking forward to more so for that reason I am going to follow you. Best wishes, my friend! big_smile

1. Escobana profile image75
      Escobanaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Susi10! I'm very pleased to see you are not going to follow me just for the sake of following. Some allready did and I really am not striving for numbers or money on Hubpages.

Thank you so much for taking the time to check my work out and I will check your Hubs out with the same attention:-) Warm wishes from Spain!

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 10 years ago

Congrats on your 300+ and you have always been well worthy of the following Escobana  smile
    Good to see others finding your hubs... and your talents...
    The secret's out... smile

3. Escobana profile image75
    Escobanaposted 10 years ago

After answering all my fanmail, commenting on the Hubs of my new followers, leaving fanmail on their profiles as well and enjoying the Hubs of many new Hubbers to me, I HAVE TO SAY MANY THANKS TO THE HUBPAGES COMMUNITY!!!

I only asked for 2 more followers AND I GOT 18 MORE! I NOW FEEL A REAL 300+ HUBBER AND I FEEL VERY INSPIRED BY THE EXTRA PUSH. THANK YOU VERY MUCH:-)

4. Askme profile image81
    Askmeposted 10 years ago

Following you.  Now tell me your secret.   I cannot seem to break 100!

My secret? Oops, I wasn't aware I had any:-) I have been stuck on 280 for at least half a year, publishing every now and then, trying to be as active as possible. But I wasn't very very active like before.

My niche topic is Bipolar Disorder, next to Relationship problems and advice. Bipolar Disorder is a HOT topic these days and it brought me many followers due to the very private details I share with my readers.

Other than that I am an expert in getting my heart broken (joke) and I have a certain view on healthy relationships that might be funny for some.

Travelling is part of my life and my Ibiza Hub is popular amongst many readers. Other than that I live in the most beautiful city of Spain, of which I published a few Hubs as well.

My main secret might be the fact that I am not a typical - How to? Hub - writer. Next to that I am an open book which gives readers another twist to Hubs about travelling, dating, relationship advice and Bipolar Disorder.

Another secret? I haven't received my first 50 dollars yet because I came to Hubpages as a shy writer, willing to learn from my fellow Hubbers and mainly wanting to enjoy my passion. To write. The money never was a guidance or a motivation because I am too realistic on this one.

Getting rich the easy, quick way would not be by publishing on Hubpages. Then I could better marry myself a sugardad. LOL. Unfortunately I am financially independent, I like the young guys and I never pictured myself rich in the first place. I have enough and that is ok to me.

Thanks for the follow! Hope I helped you out with my answer:-)

5. CarolynEmerick profile image82
    CarolynEmerickposted 10 years ago

I'm new to hubpages and only have 4 hubs so far, and my few followers are friends and family. how do you attract followers?

The best thing for you to do first is take your time to read about this topic in the learning center and to read Hubs about attracting followers.

I know you should not follow a lot of Hubbers all at once and I remember I spend a few weeks on reading valuable information in the learning center. Hubpages is nothing like a blog and they aim for high quality articles.

Best thing is to invest time in reading as much as you can before following too many Hubbers all at once:-)

1. CarolynEmerick profile image82
        CarolynEmerickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

thank you!

6. phdast7 profile image81
    phdast7posted 10 years ago

1)  Write interesting material and include pictures.
    2)  Read other peoples hubs (more than one) and leave good, thoughtful comments (not one -liners like Good Hub.   or Fun facts!) and really follow them.   
    3)   Continue to be a "good community member" and eventually some people (don't expect all) will follow you.
    4)  Be patient.  It takes a while to gain a following, remember you need to be a GOOD FOLLOWER FIRST.

Thank you for adding this:-) The last tip might be the most important one for new Hubbers.

2. CarolynEmerick profile image82

Maybe this is a stupid question, but views generated within hubpages don't count, right?  So in your opinion, how does having a big following of hubbers help you?  Do you think it might be more practical to nurture a following somewhere off-site to direct outside traffic to your articles?  Or do you find that hubbers share other hubber's posts on social networking, etc?

I just realized this has nothing to do with your original post, so I'm sorry if this went off topic! :-)

1. Askme profile image81
          Askmeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

HI Carolyn,

I agree with you. I have been a hubber for 5 years and have written 51 Hubs. My page counts are a lot but my followers are only 81.  I read a lot of other hubs and comment.. Some I follow.

I don't know if the # of followers is really important or not.

7. profile image0
    delleaposted 10 years ago

I think that if you focus too much on the number of followers you have that it takes quality time away from writing more hubs. From my own perspective, I would rather have 10 hubbers follow me that actually READ my content, then to have 10000 followers and have no fellow hubbers read my hubs. It doesn't make sense, it's kind of like friending 1000 people on Facebook that you really don't know and who couldn't give a crap about you... what is the purpose to have so many non-genuine followers?

Yeah but the main difference is that people don't sign up on FB to earn money ;-)

Hi Carolyn....Even though this got off topic:-)

If your main goal is to sign up on Hubpages for the sake of earning money, having 300+ followers or 100+ followers or 1000+ followers, makes no difference in my humble opnion.

Out of a sincere wish of hoping to get 300+ followers, I posted my question to hope to get 300 followers. AFTER reading my profile and AFTER people would consider my Hubs worthy enough and interesting enough.

Whenever you hook up with a writing platform like Hubpages, your initial thought of joining should be your passion for writing quality content. The joy of finding like minded souls. The energy you get from sincere comments on your writings.

I know realize your first question about how to attract followers was influenced by the idea, how to earn as much money as possible. My hope for two more followers was about hoping some like minded souls would love my work.

With over 20 months here, no penny made at all, I consider myself lucky for having found readers all over the world, who seem to like what I write. They help me grow as a person, where as money merely distracts us from what life is really all about.

Good luck as a writer from someone who found her own work rather childish stuff:-)

2. profile image0
        delleaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, CarolynEmerick, it's true that FB followers don't make you money, but only genuine followers in HubPages count towards your traffic. Stemming from my previous example, if you have 300+ hubbers following you but only 10 of your followers read your content regularly, then you are only earning money from those 10 followers and you're not earning a dime from the rest of them. What I'm trying to say is many people are using Hubpages' Follow feature a lot like FaceBook's Like feature... and in similarity to FB Likes, if you have a lot of followers but only a few read your content, then only the few truly interested people are earning you money... all of the other followers are frivolous numbers that simply blow up your total follower count.

To add....Dellea is right. Even though I have 300+ followers now, only about 40 followers pop by every now and then to read my work.

Reasons? I am lousy at commenting back on more than 50 Hubbers at a time, spread over weeks in which I do much more outside Hubpages than spending my time here.

I publish once in a while, so my name doesn't pop up every day on the homepage and I can be offline for weeks if I am travelling for instance. Followers forget about you in no time when you don't put energy in their work as well.

I find that logical and accept it as part of Hubpages and being incapable and unwilling to turn this into a full time job:-)

8. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Well this thread has restored my faith in humanity. I had the worst day at work ever yesterday. It seemed like every customer couldn't have been meaner no matter how nice I was. I had actually come to the conclusion that I thought everyone was going to blast the op with hateful or pompous remarks. Instead everyone was encouraging and friendly and kind. (sigh) Very refreshing!

9. profile image0
    rmcmillenposted 10 years ago

300? Lucky..... I need 293 more to get there! lol

10. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

I enjoyed reading your poetry and it's good to find another poet on this venue!

I've got a solution to your commenting overload:  Just send some of your followers my way and I'll comment for both of us.

That sounds great! I'm not sure if it works but I appreciate the idea. Gotta think it through though LOL!

11. profile image0
    rmcmillenposted 10 years ago

Make that 292 more........... thanks Escobana!

You're very welcome! Hope I helped you out in getting more followers from now on:-)

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your original post has been "moderated" out of existence.  This suggests to me that HP is not keen on this activity.

My original post is still there. The only difference I notice is the lay out of the forum. I guess there's no harm in asking Hubbers to help me out especially since I ask this in the "Help forum".

Other than that my post is clear on the fact that it's not merely about the number 300. I'm asking anyone to read and make up their mind wether they find my Hubs worthy enough or not.

Please do explain to me what you feel is moderated and why you think Hubpages is not keen on activity like this? Or even better...Hubpages team. Did I do anything wrong by writing my post?

The great effect on me as a Hubber is that I get motivated to write more quality content after reading the answers and comments of my new followers.

12. Escobana profile image75
    Escobanaposted 10 years ago

Five days ago I posted my forumpost to get just two more followers. I expected to get maybe 3 o4 but I'm still answering fanmail, checking out new Hubs and leaving comments.

My profile says 328 followers. Again I have to say thanks to all my new followers and have a great and sunny day!

13. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 10 years ago

I've been here 6 years and got 34 followers.... I bet 25 of those aren't even on Hubpages any more!  It's not a metric I've ever put any value in.  I don't require people to follow me to feel validated.  I just write things that intrigue, interest or amuse me ..... 

So long as people, whoever and whyever, are reading my published ramblings, I am as happy as Larry.   If they come back, it's because they wanted to, not because they signed up to stalk me.

I'd feel "pressure to perform" if I felt I had 300 people stalking me.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Who is Larry?

1. earner profile image81
        earnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've never met him, but I've heard he's very happy.

1. profile image0

Prolly on somethin' if I know Larry.

1. earner profile image81
            earnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just realised, I've got  664 followers, when I said 34 that was the number I am following ... oops.  Told you I don't take notice of that stuff!

1. profile image0

Well that's a load off my mind.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)