Is 35 hubs okay to apply adsense or must wait 6 months before I apply?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years ago

Would you think I must apply now for adsense? I have almost 35 hubs, is it okay now? I have read some forum that they got approved without the 6 month thingy. Some got approved in 3 weeks.

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi KenDeanAgudo- congrats on having published 35 Hubs in just two months!
      As sriramapriya says, it depends on where you live. If you're in the US, 35 unique, high quality Hubs is a good number, however on your Profile you indicate that you live in the Philippines. If this is the case, your wait might be longer- I am not sure what the case is for people in that country. It might help to do a little Googling to see what other AdSense applicants from the Philippines say about the process.

1. profile image0
        KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you simone I have been working so hard to create hubs.
        I have applied now and after a minute google replied on me saying insufficient content again ;-( I was disappointed but I will keep the faith I will be writing more hubs until I got what they wanted.

Maybe I must really wait for the six month, they keep on declining my applications. Okay, 6 months, lots of patiences and hard works. I hope the hubpages ad program is not associated with adsense so that even we have no adsense yet we can start earning ;-( I hope hubpages will do something about this.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, Adsense is a big part of HPads and you have to have an adsense account to participate in the HPads program. 

As far as not being accepted into adsense, there is nothing HP can do to help you.  Adsense is completely a google affair, and only google can make any decisions there.  You're far from being alone in fighting for adsense acceptance, but there is absolutely nothing HP can do to help.

1. profile image0

How I wish there is. I must wait after 6 months.

2. relache profile image72
          relacheposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you read the AdSense terms of use for your home country, it will say what your exact application conditions are.  It's not a guessing game.

1. profile image0

I have read it and it really needs 6 months. Thanks relache for coming over

3. myefforts profile image51
          myeffortsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This seems strange. If they want you to wait for six months, the rejection reason should NOT be 'insufficient content'. I have no idea what is going on there..

1. profile image87
            Robbie C Wilsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was living in Hong Kong when I joined HubPages and I also got rejected for "insufficient content" until I had passed six months. I must admit that this caused me a lot of consternation as at the time, the perceived wisdom of the community was that 12 or so hubs was all that was required and I had more than that. Once I passed six months, I was accepted pretty much straight away.

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The Phillipines is one of those countries where you have to wait 6 months.

2. reviewstop profile image57
      reviewstopposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have applied with 10 hubs only and no problem or delay in accepting

3. sriramapriya profile image69
      sriramapriyaposted 10 years ago

Depend upon the country from where you are applying. In some countries you have to wait for six months before applying for adsense

1. profile image0

Thank you sriramapriya, they had declined my application. Maybe I must wait for 6 months ;-(

4. lovebuglena profile image86
      lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

When I applied about three years ago I had much less hubs written than that. I am not sure there is an exact number of hubs you should have before applying for adsense. I think content is way more important than number of hubs. Since you have 35 already, if they are good quality content hubs you can apply for sure.

1. profile image0

Maybe I should wait for the 6 months range. I have applied but declined again.

5. RaksTheBlogger profile image83
      RaksTheBloggerposted 10 years ago

Hey ken!

I also am having the same problem.but my hubs count is far less than yours!(understatement)People from India too have to wait for full 6 months until they are accepted for adsense!Dang it!

Looks we will just have to wait and produce more high quality hubs, huh??wink

Cheers!

1. profile image0

LoL yu buddy we really need to wait for the 6 months thngy. It is really disappointing but we must keep the faith. Fighting!

Good luck to us ;-)

6. SAM ELDER profile image55
      SAM ELDERposted 10 years ago

In any case with adsense you won't make much money, so waiting for 6 months isn't really big deal.. smile Only very small amount visitors click the ad..

1. profile image0

really, I had just applied again after 1 month of application. I am now 3 months here but the adsense replied again. Insufficient content. I had almost 42 and its insufficient. sad

7. AlvinTay profile image60
      AlvinTayposted 10 years ago

Hi ken, I am living in singapore and I am constantly being rejected by Adsense . I guess I have to wait for 6 months too

1. profile image0

really,? thanks for the info I was about to leave but I will gonna wait and write more. I will wait for six months. Thanks alvin

8. CarolynEmerick profile image83
      CarolynEmerickposted 10 years ago

I keep reading that you should have 10 hubs before you apply, but never read anything about being a member for 6 months... I keep applying with less than ten just to try and keep being rejected. I have 7 hubs now

1. profile image0

If you are out in US territories carolyn you should wait for 6 months. Thanks for the interaction

2. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The 6 month rule applies to certain countries.

3. psycheskinner profile image82

10 is an out of date number. 20-30 is more realistic.

And the six month rule applies to only some countries.

To get the full info on Adsense you need to go to Adsense and read the terms of servicee there.

9. Woodmckinney profile image65
      Woodmckinneyposted 10 years ago

I applied at 3 hubs. You should be able to get into Adsense, just be sure they are GOOD hubs.

10. profile image0
      LeighMCposted 10 years ago

Yes, I got AdSense after 9 hubs I think. It does depend on the hubs though.
      Good luck.

1. profile image0

Really? maybe you are in US , because out of USA we need to wait 6 months.

1. profile image0
          LeighMCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am in Europe. There are specific countries listed where you will need to wait 6 months. Lucky for me, The Netherlands isn't one of them.
          Aisan countires, and certain Eastern European countries, and I think African countires, will need to wait the 6 months. Seems very unfair, but those are the rules for now.
          Good luck with your hubs.

1. profile image0

Thank you smile Your lucky, we really need to wait more. . .

1. profile image0
              LeighMCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I am lucky. good luck :-)

11. lovebuglena profile image86
      lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

You don't have to wait 6 months... 35 hubs is plenty enough to apply for adsense. Hopefully google will think them to be high quality and worthy hubs and will approve you...

1. profile image0

But i have almost 42 and they still reject my application. I must wait for 6 months policy, its quite disappointing though. . .

12. adecourv profile image91
      adecourvposted 10 years ago

35? My word, go for it! I got adsense after 10!

1. profile image0

wow! haha but i just applied and rejected again, need to wait for 6 months

13. AlvinTay profile image60
      AlvinTayposted 10 years ago

Hi adecourv

How long did you start your hubpages for? Did you reside in US?

As it require at least 6 months of using the hubpages before we are able to get review by Adsense in singapore

Regards
      Alvin

14. adecourv profile image91
      adecourvposted 10 years ago

I was only in for a month. But I must have misread your post because yes, I do live in the US. I'm sorry if I mislead you.

15. Maricarmjolo profile image61
      Maricarmjoloposted 10 years ago

Just wait for 6 month like hubbers from India and China do..

16. Travis Aaron profile image58
      Travis Aaronposted 10 years ago

I am from a small country and the 6 month rule didn't apply to me. I got through to adsense with 16 hubs, after which I deleted 5 because I thought it was quantity. But it turns out that it had to do with traffic. I previously applied with these same hubs. But I wrote a Lady Gaga article that was getting massive traffic. This skyrocketed my views and I decided to apply with the same hubs to adsense. And I got through. So I think it has more to do traffic than number of hubs or length of time.

1. toptendeals profile image72
        toptendealsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I believe the six month rule is for your own website.  Hubpages has been around for a lot longer than that.  If you are getting insufficient content you just need to write more.

1. psycheskinner profile image82

The six month rule applies to your profile on Hubpages

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)