Radical guest user!

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 10 years ago

There's a thread titled "guest user" in the "Hubpages" forums.   I'm now posting a parallel thread (this one) on THIS side of the forums because it needs to be done.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111712? … ost2452385

Nope, I haven't contacted the Hubpages Staff about this,  but I'm sure they can see it.     

I'm not requesting how to block that guest user from  my hubs!   Because that's not the problem.   The problem is that he has the audacity to post sympathy for Al Qaeda and its leader (the supposedly-dead and I assume dead Bin Ladin) anywhere at all!

All you people who are actually patriotic American citizens who do NOT sympathize with terrorist activity-------tell me what you think would be a good way to handle this.     He, so far, is still adamant about his hogwash.   

I don't know if he is also a Hubber under another name besides "newenglandsun" (his "guest user" name) or not,   but I think it would be correct to say that that IS a possibility.

1. The Frog Prince profile image71
      The Frog Princeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Delete the comments.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Frog Prince for having the guts to comment!     
        Nope, I'm not deleting newenglandsun's comments,  not yet, and maybe never.   That ain't gonna happen until he owns up to his radical words and lets us all know that he's wrong.    His words weren't just a few harmless comments about his political views;   his words speak outright sympathy for the TERRORISTS who killed so many people on 9/11.

I for one am not gonna run and hide;  I will not let fear control my life online or off.    The kind of thinking that tells people to be ashamed or afraid when other people speak such outright anti-American anti-Christian carp is the kind of thinking that allows sympathy for the actions of people like the Boston bombers and the Fort Hood terrorist.

Newenglandsun needs to realize the gravity of his words and recant them,   AND if he is also a Hubber, he needs to be called into account for his deviousness in using an outside screen name AND for the words that he said.

Anyone who wants to say I'm being too harsh is wrong.   I'm actually being too tolerant by bringing this out into the open.   The person and persons who posted the previous thread..........well,  one of those people's names has already come under attack by newenglandsun who blamed HER for his hogwash.   
        What?   Are we all supposed to kneel down and take that kind of stuff from a terrorist-sympathizer?   NO.

Don't anyone bury their heads in the sand.   I can understand if people don't want to post in this thread because they're afraid,  but at the same time,  this is a serious issue.    I am hoping it will show newenglandsun how serious it is to speak so radically.   If he's just naive,  then he should no longer be naive after this thread.    And if he's really that radical,  like I said, he should be called into account for it.

1. The Frog Prince profile image71
          The Frog Princeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It has little to do with fear Brenda just how to deal with idiots on line.  I have no fear and never have had much stomach for whiners like the idiot in question.

1. profile image0

He's not just a whiner.
            He's an accuser of innocent people.
            No victim or family member of any victim of 9/11 or the Boston bombings should be put in a position of knowing that American media tolerates ANYONE getting by with blaming the murder of innocent Americans by the likes of Bin Ladin on America instead of on the terrorists!  That's so much hogwash.  And he knows it.   And it's in black and white on this site.
            The term "freedom of speech" and the execution of that idea only goes so far.  It protects the rights of people who actually speak legitimate things, legitimate ideas.   It DOES NOT include and protect such anti-American terrorist-sympathizing.

2. John Holden profile image60
          John Holdenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So now only those who meet with Brenda's approval ar allowed to post!
          Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

I've come across the two posters you mention and have no problem whatsoever in offering counter arguments.

1. profile image0

I've had no problem giving counter arguments,  the best counter arguments there are, including common sense and common patriotism.
            Excuse you,  not,  but the burden of proof doesn't fall upon the American patriot anyway.  It falls upon the terrorist sympathizer.   
            Don't talk to me about freedom of speech until you know what you're talking about, John.   There is no legitimate freedom of speech when a person says Al Qaeda had a right to kill innocent Americans.

The person in question is unrepentant.  I got a message this morning.   I'm not gonna show it.   I'm tired of allowing the traitor to use my hub as a platform for his accusations and sympathy for terrorists.
            I will continue to pray for his soul.  It's a heart problem he has,  not a physical one but a soul one,  but one that only he is responsible for.

1. John Holden profile image60

Freedom of speech should be absolute, otherwise it is not freedom of speech.

1. profile image0

Don't do this, John.
                I can see where this is headed, and I really really don't want to think that you're for Al Qaeda.

Do what?

Calling for true freedom of speech is not coming out in favour of anything. 

As Voltaire didn't say "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.".

2. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

Brenda, you should have deleted the person's in question comments from your hub. If the person further persisted in the comments, he/she should have been reported to team@hubpages immediately.  No hubber should be subjected to such disrespectful treatment EVER!   NEVER EVER become upset as this is what this "commentator" wants.  He/she wants you to descend to his/her level of maturity.  Brenda, YOU are WAY BETTER and CLASSIER than that.  God bless and have a Lovely and Blessed Night and Slumber!

1. profile image0

Thanks gmwilliams.
      But it's not my image I'm worried about at all!    And he hasn't posted again, at least not to me.
      It's  America in general that I'm worried about...........

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

There is such a thing as abuse of freedom of speech. We do need boundaries. I protect my own mind and avoid laying eyes or ears on anything offensive to me.

There is a vast difference between not listening to what another says and stopping them from saying it.

1. profile image0

There's apparently a vast difference between American patriotism and whatever your personal guideless lines are, John.
        Maybe it's 'cause I'm an American and you're not, huh?
        Or...maybe....it's 'cause I actually CARE that innocent people were killed by Al Qaeda and/or other terrorists in the Twin Towers, and in Boston, and at Fort Hood.
        So don't tell me I should let someone keep ranting on about how they don't blame terrorists for murdering Americans.   Nor that I should just tune it out.   Nor that such carp is covered by the Constitution. 
        By the way,  John,  last I heard,  the UK is NOT a terrorist sympathizer.   So this tendency of yours to give full rein to radical propaganda must just be an individual problem of yours.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

2. profile image0

Amen,  people do need boundaries!
      Thank you for speaking good sense.

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Brenda, is it just me or does it seem like you already know what you're going to do?
    What's the point of asking ppl for their input if you've already decided what actions you're going to take?

1. profile image0

It's just you.  No, I hadn't already decided.  If I had already decided, I wouldn't have posted the thread of course.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)