Has the Law of Attraction worked for you?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (31 posts)
  1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 10 years ago

Just curious if any of you have had the Law of Attraction  actually work for you in your life?

moneyfairyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever read The law of Attraction by Esther and Jerry Hicks or the Secret or the movie the Secret?
      Look forward to hearing how it has worked for you.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When we talk about 'laws' in physics, we talk about things that are consistent, that occur the very same way each and every time. For the "Law of Attraction" to be valid, it would have to be consistent and work each and every time.

Obviously, it doesn't, hence it isn't a law.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with physics. But the "law of Attraction " is supposed to work the same every time but it obviously doesn't. they made it all sound so simple but it's not. I was just wondering what others experienced with it and if they had success or not. Only one answer below(sannyasinman's comment) suggests that it works and is possible but I have yet to experience it in the way they present it.
        If you are interested you can go to you tube and type in Esther Hicks/Abraham and the Law of attraction and have a listen. Tell me what you think after that, if you do take a listen.it's more in the realm of emotions feelings and thoughts,that your state of mind has more to do with it than anything else ....take a listen  and get back to me.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
          A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, the "Law of Attraction" is nothing but pseudoscience.

Of course, it doesn't work, it's pure nonsense.

Pure garbage. They are selling nonsense to the gullible.

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 10 years ago

No, but trying it out ruined my life.

Really ? How did it ruin your life?

3. kschang profile image86
    kschangposted 10 years ago

Law of attraction is just psychobabble. At best, it makes you more "aware" of the opportunities in life and you don't need a book to tell you that.

Thank you for your opinion.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

What really really works is writing down what you want as a list. There is something very magical about writing down your intentions, needs, desires, goals, ambitions, material wants... try it! You'll be surprised!

I have done that and made vision boards of the things that i wanted etc...but still nothing yet...I would love for it to work, and I have heard of it working for others , I would just like to experience it  at least once. I know they say if you believe you receive and I think i believe but just haven't received yet. I guess I just have to have faith in believing in divine right timing instead of my timing right here right now.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

yes... I think that is right.   You will get what you Need first.
        BOME
        (Based On My Experience)

Yes I think that is my lesson to let go and let God so to speak and not say how it should come to me because it hasn't. Now I know why. I just have to have patience that what it is I am asking for is on it's way somehow. I guess i just want to know how and when...but being a mere mortal I must just have faith...it's hard sometimes when i don't see results....why the waiting game ? why all the testing me??? It's very frustrating.

Let it come!  relax!  kinda relates to that other forum discussion... right janesix?

Yes kathryn,
              I guess my lesson is patience , which I have very little of...You know when you want something you want it now not years down the road...doesn't seem fair somehow...why it works so quickly for others and not for me?

...do not  t h i n k (too much thinking) of it being years down the road!  it doesn't  h a v e  to be!   affirm that God will provide what you need when you need it... Be specific about this and write it down.  You do 25% of the work and God does the rest.  Do you believe in God?

This is a good start!
                My advice (based on my own experience) is to open yourself to the possibility  of God.
                (... I have found that reading the Old Testament is helpful in this.... before Jesus.)
                Uh oh... I hope I haven't opened the floodgates of naysayers!
                Just Ignore them if they come on board here!

I have made affirmations and prayers and written things down and even written on a blank check with the amount I needed withe the word NOW as the date and still nothing?It just gets a bit depressing after a while... I'm trying to believe but when you don't receive it leaves you wondering if it's all a waste of time?

-maybe you are searching for proof of it not happening. Instead, try searching for proof of it happening! It will!  If not, oh well. Don't be attached to what you want. You might appear greedy. God has free will too you know! Also try to Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.  This will generate good Karma.   I am done. Good luck.

5. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 10 years ago

If you really take on board the message from Esther Hicks, it is all about vibration. Whatever you vibrate in harmony with, you attract to you. It is simply the way the Universe works. The Universe must yield to you whatever you are already vibrating in harmony with.

The more you "want" something, the more you are vibrating the "lack" and so you are pushing away the very thing you want.

If you want to attract lot of money, think the thoughts of a wealthy person. Relax and feel weathy inside, mentally spend your money and feel and enjoy the sensations associated with that. Send out vibrations to the Universe as if you already have the money. The Universe must yield.

As I understand it (AIUI) this is the essence of the message from Esther Hicks.

sannyasinman: Thank you for your clarification. You are supposed to want but you must ask from a place of having rather than not having and that is where it becomes difficult because it's hard to pretend to be rich when you are poor. I understand the premise but just difficult to execute. It ebbs and flows sometimes it's great and other times it's really difficult. It's hard to stay in that mindset long enough for something to come of it. Any suggestions? Have you been vibrationally in alignment and had the money come to you?

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You will be far better off when you decide to turn your efforts from prayer, vibrating or begging to actual work in creating, producing or earning whatever it is you want.  If money, get a job for instance.  If a chair, build one.  If a child, start adoption proceedings.

Whatever it is, put your effort into producing it, not praying or begging for it.  The only result the so-called "law" of attraction is to sometimes induce the person to work for what they want, whereupon the chances of getting it go up.  Outside of that, there is no "law" saying that if you want, you shall have, and nature makes that rather plain as millions starve each year even as they want food very badly.

@wilderness: The Law of Attraction teachings that I was talking about have to deal with your thoughts and emotions, not praying or hoping etc... It's in the psychological/metaphysical genre. Hard to describe to people who have not listened to or know of the teachings.
          Anyway you supposedly can create the life you want with your thoughts and emotions. It's too long and complicated to get into with someone who doesn't know the teachings.
          Thank you for your efforts though.(sannyasinman above is the closest to what I was talking about) Thank you for your sound advice though!

1. psycheskinner profile image82
            psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Activities like printing out and carrying around fake checks to draw money to you seems a lot like praying and hoping to me.

2. wilderness profile image94

Perhaps I failed to make myself clear.  I understand the basics of the theory.

But until those emotions and thoughts are transferred into action, and action designed to produce or create whatever is desired, they are of no value.  And that does not mean that mental activity will be productive; it means applying hands to wood, so to speak, and actually do work to produce something.  The examples I used are not metaphors; you want a child, start adoption proceedings.  You want money, take a job or second job.  Don't try to use mental energy to produce either one.

Metaphysical/psychological "energy" is translated to our world only through the hands, not through thought or actions that do not directly produce results.  "Wanting" and "vibrating" are useless until the hands are used to actually produce.  Feeling rich or spending imaginary money won't produce any - that takes physical action not not mental gymnastics to convince yourself you are rich.

At the root of it, the theory of the law of attraction is nonsense.  While it can be used to convince others to give you money (selling a book, perhaps) that's about it.  It just doesn't work; the human mind does not have the kind of ability or power claimed for it.

Says you. Others say differently.
              If it's real to you, its real.

LOL - neither you nor I actually think that whatever anyone thinks is real actually is. 

For those that claim this mystical nonsense works, let them provide evidence.  Real evidence, not a personal account of it "working" for 2 neighbors, or the friend of their uncle's aunt's grand daughter's husband's ex wife.  Claims are a dime a dozen, hard evidence is a little tougher to supply, isn't it?

okay, I'm about to post a forum based on destiny.  Thinking, thinking....

Anything with lots and lots of dust.  Maybe with some ashes.  'Cause that's the destiny we all face...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)