making 'Editors' Choice'

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. MagKaye profile image72
    MagKayeposted 10 years ago

Well it happened today; one of mine made Editors' Choice. Exciting.

I wonder how it happens though. I'm thinking it's kind of a random, computer-generated selection, but who knows?

Thoughts?

1. Richawriter profile image86
      Richawriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. I'm pretty sure Editor's Choice hubs are chosen by human moderators though and that makes it all the sweeter when you make the grade!

MagKayeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

They could be. I was just surprised as it's a pretty old hub. I assumed newer hubs would be chosen as Eds' (Ed's?) choice.

Anyhoo - thanks!

2. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your achievement smile
      It is possible that your hub was nominated for 'EC' You can pick up the nomination form to do your own nominating from your 'feed' page.
      In case you don't know where that is? Just click on the 'HubPages'  logo on the top left hand of the page and it will take you to your 'feed' page smile

Thanks for that - I had no idea it could be done!

3. loveofnight profile image75
      loveofnightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

congrats on your new milestone, it's good to know that even our old stuff has a chance at victory.

thanks!

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

On the HubPages feed page, look over to the right column for:
      "Want to nominate a Hub for Editor's Choice? Use the official voting form!"

Click on that notice and you will find out how a hub is chosen for Editor's Choice.

Thanks. I have been reading more about it :-)

5. yougotme profile image90
      yougotmeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on this MagKaye! I only have 1 hub that waa chosen as EC. I'm not sure if it has a good effect on my hub, but so far, I dont see any difference. smile

2. jrpierce profile image69
    jrpierceposted 10 years ago

I had the same thing happen MagKaye, I had a hub made Editors Choice and I was very excited about it.  I don't know how it works, but it's nice to be noticed.  Congratulations on yours smile

Thank you - and congratulations on yours :-)

2. Mary McShane profile image79
      Mary McShaneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats MagKaye .   I'm fairly new on this site and after 5 hubs I had one chosen as Editor's Choice.  I thought there might be a protocol to thank HP or in some way acknowledge it, but several people I asked said they didn't know how to contact HP to thank or if it was even expected.  So I wrote it on my profile for want of a better place to put it, then added it to the comments of the chosen hub. I just wanted them to know I appreciated it and am honored.  I hope by doing that I didn't jeopardize chances of another being chosen! lol 

I also don't know how hubs are chosen. Since I'm so new here, I assumed it was random or maybe someone happened along the hub and nominated it.

I had no idea you could nominate yourself.  Whatever must HP think when they see nominations with the hubber's own name on it!  I would think that nominating yourself kind of takes away from the element of surprise and sheer act of being chosen.  I don't think the specialness is  there when you nominate yourself. 

I'm glad to have been chosen and I do appreciate it.  Now I wonder if I can top it or is it all downhill from here. smile

I wouldn't nominate myself either!

Congrats on yours too :-)

And - thanks to the HP editors, if they're reading this!

3. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

The Editors Choice was introduced in August.  Here is the blog post:
    http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/08/announ … oice-hubs/

Thank you for posting the link.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.  There have also been many forum threads about the program (I opted out) and you might want to read of few of those, too. Here's one:
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/115372

Thanks so much. I'm going to read through them now.

4. josters profile image76
    jostersposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! I was so excited when I saw my first Hub with an Editors' Choice sign just two days ago.
    I find it very motivating.

Keep up your work.

And congratulations to you too! You're right, it does motivate one.

5. livewirez profile image71
    livewirezposted 10 years ago

Congrats on your achievement I've been waiting also one day that I will received the same achievement.

Thank you :-)
      Best of luck to you, livewirez.

6. sprickita profile image60
    sprickitaposted 10 years ago

the thumbs up/down on a hub affects ur chances to be EC as well, I believe 8-) congrats!!

Thank you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)