Account Hacked!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)
  1. My Inner Jew profile image61
    My Inner Jewposted 14 years ago

My account has been hacked and I have only just now gotten into it.  Well, I should say my everything has been hacked...email, hubpages, facebook....My password has been changed on everything.  The only reason I could get here now is because I left my hubpage account here up on another computer but I could not sign in last night.  How do I delete my account???

1. getpaidtopost profile image41
      getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like your have a trojan or key tarcker, or both. you need to have you computer checked out, If you are running xp, use SDFix which I have uploaded for you to my server, you can download the software at http://bumdig.com/downloads/SDFix.zip

To run this software your computer needs to be in safe mode, open the folder and click RunThis.bat and then follow the onscreen instructions. I should mention this software can take upto 2 hours to complete, in this time you can not use you pc. It malware scans you full system, then it replaces your whole registry with a new one. Dont panic your programs and saved documents are not affected.

Also after you finish using the software you should check you connection settings, firewall settings, files and printer sharing should be off or protected.

do you have any anti virus software installed? if so do a full system scan, If it shows viruses then copy the reference code/s and post them here, I will take a look and tell you what i can find out about the virus and how to remove it. Also if you use a firewall check which programs have access to the internet, disable access to programs that you dont know. Only allow access to programs that you know are genuine.

Until you fix this issue you should run you computer in safe mode with network enabled.

Hope this helps

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Why would you want to delete it? Just change the password and don't tell anybody smile

3. My Inner Jew profile image61

I never told anyone about my passwords.  She has all my passwords through my ip address.  She can keep discovering my new passwords.  This is second time she has done it to me and I need to just delete all my accoutns

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Umm, I am not a noob in computers and accounts, and know that what you just described is not possible without some kind of trojan sitting on your computer. Well, strictly speaking it is possible, but it will require the amount of manpower and computer power even government don't have handy. smile

If I were you, I would proceed to seriously clean my computer or even wipe it out and completely reinstall from scratch - before making anything with accounts.

Now, how do you delete your accounts if you have no access to them?

1. manlypoetryman profile image76
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now...there's someone who knows what they are talking about! Well said, Misha. Just Relax,'Mam ("My Inner Jew"). Competent Folks can help you through this...

5. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Sounds like somebody infected yer pc with a keylogger the worst virus of the lot. As you type they sit at their pc watching every single thing you type including your passwords.

Best bet is completely reformat your computer but first use a different pc if you can to change your hubs password. The keylogger will remain on your pc until you reformat it !

6. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Years ago my aol email was hacked, but all I had to do was change my password.  Also, last year my facebook account was hacked, and then again I just updated the password.  If the new pass code is complex your friend will not be able to guess it.  I would just update all my passwords and it should be okay.  Believe me when I was hacked the person wrote weird things on my account, but I simply emailed everyone to explained what happened.

7. My Inner Jew profile image61

I know it sounds impossible through my ip address...I had a hacker explain it to me...there is some way once you have the ip address that if you know how to do it you have access to everything.  Accounts, credit cards, passwords...basically everything.  She has changed the emails and security questions on everything so there is no way to get new passwords.  Also, a key logger is out of the question as i live thousands of miles from her and everything i read about a keylogger you have to be there physically to do it.

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can get a  keylogger in an email or on an msn or yahoo conversation.

2. profile image51
      william60712posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i can help you to stop the hack point in your acount with some software.

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL wink  For some $$?

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, that's the whole point of a keylogger - you can do it remotely if you're on the internet. I recommend you take your whole PC to a professional who can clean it properly.

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I reckon it is a keylogger without doubt

4. blondepoet profile image66

How do you know it is a she?

1. getpaidtopost profile image41
        getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking the same thing when i first read,

is it someone who uses your pc if so you most probably have your passwords saved within the browser or you may not have logged out.

1. blondepoet profile image66

With those kinds of things it is impossible to find out who has done it hey Getpaidpost

8. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Yeah, sorry.  Is this even possible?  Because if it was, it should/would be illegal for Hubpages to show IP addresses on our hubs, for instance.

?

My bf's hotmail account WAS hacked, and the hacker sent strange messages to everyone on his address book, asking for money.  He had to close that account.  But the rest of what was related here?  Doesn't sound logical.

9. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I know nothing about hacking, so this thread has made me paranoid.  I'm reassured by Misha's post to some extent (I guess).

My question is whether there's a way for a person to know if there's a keylogger in place (if there's no reason to think account have been hacked).

Also, does one always even know if accounts have been hacked?

Also, are there some basic things the person who truly knows NOTHING about hacking can look for in his own PC (that may pose future problems)?

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If it is somehow true, I'd want to shut down my credit card accounts...

Sigh.  I did learn recently that IT at work can look at ANYTHING on your computer and read all your e-mails, so who knows.  It could somehow be true with someone devious enough.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)