Check for Stolen Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

There are several stolen Hubs on these sites:

besidesthebible.com
    spiffyboutiques.com

It looks like they are both run by a Hubber in Australia.  They are both hosted by an American hosting company and you can file your DMCA requests using the host's online contact form (remove spaces):
    http   hmm/corespace.com/contact-us

Or, you can email the legal department (remove spaces):
    legal     @corespace.com

1. awordlover profile image88
      awordloverposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hello Writer Fox from your new follower,
      As you may know, I moderate awordlover's hubs, update and publish work stored in her archives and files.  I publish none of my own articles, they are all owned by awordlover - who was Anne DiGeorge. I am writing to you about stolen hubs you said are on 2 sites but not who the hubbers are or the location of the hubs.  Looking at the sites, it is an impossible task to search.

While I appreciate you giving the site URL's of where you saw stolen work, when I went to the first one - besidesthebible.com, there are over 7 years of unformatted (and repeated) posts throughout. If you saw stolen work at this or any site, could you please define it better to the actual URL so to make it easier for us to see the location of the article in question?  I have been sifting through the first 3 years of more than 7 years of posts on that site and I am only seeing redundant posts that have nothing to do with the bible and see nothing of articles I would expect to see from an HP writer. I realize it may be uncomfortable pointing a finger directly to bring it to a certain hubber's attention, but with sites like  spiffyboutiques.com that have data mixed in with more data - someone told me that is called data mining but I call them garbage posts -  it is very hard to see unless there is a sentence to be compared against.

To search for stolen hubs, I have been highlighting certain random sentences, and have found many of awordlover's hubs stolen, republished without her name. I have filed complaints on behalf of awordlover (Anne DiGeorge) on several just in the last 3 months. But without searching by title or by highlighting certain text, I know of no other way to search.
      To anyone reading this forum question, if there are more ways that would make this task easier for me, please enlighten me. I'm new to this part of writing and still learning.  I put a right shifted text capsule on some of her stolen hubs asking if readers notice this same article somewhere else, to not only put the link to the site where they found it, but to also include the actual article URL.  It is only to make it easier for myself and those who can't locate in that large body of work where the stolen hubs are.

Can you please be more specific in the location of the stolen work?  It would be ever so much more helpful to me and others so we don't have to sift through 7 years of posts.

Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I found my stolen Hub by using Copyscape.com.  That's the most efficient way to do it.  Both sites are obviously owned by the same person and my content was used to give a link back to an SEO 'consultant' in Queensland, Australia. 

I strongly advise you to use Copyscape and the paid service will check 200 URLs for about $10.

Thank you Writer Fox. Anne used to have a membership, but after she died her husband didn't keep up with anything. I will look to see if there still is a membership in her name. TY

Copyscape also has a free service which you can try first.  I don't know how many URLs you can check for free, but give that a try and let us know.

Also, check for any Hubs which have to do with travel because those sites have a lot of articles in that topic.

Thank you, I will.  This morning, I found another health site that took two more hubs from awordlover. It is getting very disheartening to keep on top of this because as soon as one issue is resolved, another website pops up with more stolen content. One can get lost in the multi-level process of reporting so much so that you don't want to publish any new content. I am putting text on many of the stolen hubs so that if readers see it elsewhere they will report it in the hub's comments with full URL to make it easier to find. This is precisely the reason why awordlover's team started out with 3 helpers and now is down to only myself. The stolen content issue is hard to keep after, and reporting it is time consuming when there are more than a few thieves. The other two helpers felt it wasn't worth the time they were putting to help out, if work was going to be stolen so much. I will give it a few more months, but if this task is going to be all encompassing so that nothing else gets done, I will also leave as moderator. It makes you wonder why we have copyrights when it is so easy to steal work and not much is done about it in the end. Putting awordlover's name as source is not enough. Thanks Writer Fox. I will certainly look into awordlover's Copyscape status.

I found it. It was her hub on the Costa Concordia Cruise Ship Accident which is copied on 7 websites word for word. I am putting this aside until tomorrow.  The filing that has to be done citing each website is time consuming. It pains me to see how prevalent stealing work is. I can see now why the other two ladies opted out of working on awordlover's account. It is maddening.

1. Huntgoddess profile image68
                  Huntgoddessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sheesh!

I can certainly see how maddening it would be. I don't really understand all this stuff very much.

Here is some information about what to do if you find that one of your Hubs has been stolen and published on another website:
                    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

2. brakel2 profile image73
        brakel2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The spiffy boutiques site is filled with articles about travel to Australia and South America. Hubbers who write travel articles might check out that site.

2. Huntgoddess profile image68
    Huntgoddessposted 10 years ago

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure, but I don't think anything of mine is on these websites.

I didn't really look very hard, though, because I really get very nervous about large blocks of text that are totally unformatted, and with no actual "voice" of a human author to connect with. There's no way to tell whose work you're reading, or why they have written it?

It looks as if they were digitally scanned or something?

I get a little nervous even when I hop Hubs that have these problems. It's not always easy to tell what's going on, though.

I sometimes report that they seem suspiciously lifted from a travel brochure or something.

Thanks again for telling us about this. I really want to learn more about these issues.

There's so much to learn, right? smile

3. profile image0
    Adityapullagurlaposted 10 years ago

File a DCMA complaint on google, they should remove it

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)