diagnosing system issue

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)
  1. tameka carodine profile image60
    tameka carodineposted 10 years ago

when i try to start a new hub it want let me how i correct this issue so i can finish my hubs.

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Could you translate please? What is the issue you are having? When you try to create a hub what happens?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image59
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps your Hubs are not passing the QAP - Quality Assessment Program. All of the Hubs on HP go through this because they are being checked for how well their content is written; the photos which they use; the quality of their grammar and spelling; etc. If there are too many, - or even a few depending what they are - errors then the Hubs are not featured. You are notified of these errors and given a chance to correct them.
      If you had any which I could look at then I would let you know where the mistakes are. Simply by reading your question then I would start with capitalization, punctuation or not checking carefully for mistakes.

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Did you understand her gibberish? That's how it seemed to me but it seems she has an issue with new hub creation. QAP would not prevent her from creating a new hub.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59

It might if she had taken a Hub 'not being featured by QAP' the same as 'not being created'.

2. tameka carodine profile image60
        tameka carodineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I mean that i cant wrie on the start a hub page when i try to pick a topic it want go to the other topics  so i can begin  written on that topic i need to know how diagnosing common browser issue work and what can fix this issue for me please.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59

Did you choose a title for your Hub? After your title, did you add a "-" (dash) and another word(s)?
          Next: Did you choose a topic for your Hub (Health, Crafts, Animals, etc.)

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
          Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You need to clearly explain what issue you are having.  From this post, it seems to me that when you pick a topic, it keeps asking you to pick a subtopic.  That is normal.  You are not required to pick a subtopic, but it is available for you so you can specify the categories.  You can go ahead to the next field and choose a template.  It is defaulted to topic article template and you can leave it there unless you prefer something else.  So just press the continue button.

3. profile image55
      descentiongalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Try these common fixes
      Make sure you confirmed your email with hubpages.
      Go to your browsers settings and clear the cache.
      Go to your browsers and consider switching to either firefox or chrome.
      If that all does not work then come back and Ill give you another list of things to try. But I think that will solve it.

I have tried all of them suggestion and nothing works how can i fix my browser.

1. Camille Harris profile image88
          Camille Harrisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Tameka,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble creating a new Hub. What version of Firefox are you using?

Can you take a screenshot of what happens when you try to create a new Hub so we can better assist you?

Instructions on how to take a screenshot:
          http://kb.iu.edu/data/afws.html

You can email it to us if you would like.

Here's hoping we can help you resolve the issue! Thanks for your help Examiner and Cardisa.

no I cant take screenshot my computer is a emachine   window 7 starter

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
              Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Did you try using the Print Screen button and pasting (<CTRL>+V) the resulting image?
              You should also be able to paste into a web document like Google Drive if you are unable to run programs other than the browser on your computer.

Here is the applicable portion from the document that Camille shared.
              (second bullet point under Windows)
              http://kb.iu.edu/data/afws.html
                  To capture the contents of the entire screen, press PrtScrn (or Print Screen) by itself.

In both of these cases, the image is captured to the Windows Clipboard.

To manipulate the image you just captured, you can use the Paint program that comes with Windows. To load Paint, click the Start button, and select Programs or All Programs. Select Accessories, and then choose Paint. To move the captured image into Paint, go to the Edit menu and select Paste. At this point, you can print the image, alter it, or save it.

Similarly, you can paste this image into any other program that handles images (e.g., Word...).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)