When My Hubs will be published ?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (38 posts)
  1. RCModels profile image61
    RCModelsposted 9 years ago

I have done two hubs but every time i try to publish them i get the same Email saying "it did not pass the Quality Assessment Process.  improve the Hub so that it meets our quality standards. To graduate from Boot Camp, you must publish at least five Featured Hubs."
    i wrote those hubs my self ,i did the reading for "HubPages' Quality Assessment Process," many times and modified my hubs many times but the results are same ,should i wait till 5 hubs then i will be allowed to publish them ???
    can any one review them please and tell me whats wrong or missing ,here it's the links for my hubs
    http://rcmodels.hubpages.com/hub/Build- … odel-Plane
    http://rcmodels.hubpages.com/hub/Basic- … -Explained
    Thanks

1. Vineet Dubey profile image59
      Vineet Dubeyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I read your hubs, the content is good but they have formatting issues. For example, you have changed paragraphs without completing sentences. There are grammatical errors as well. Work upon them and resubmit your hubs.

2. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi, welcome to HP,

The quality assessment process is there to ensure that your writing is up to "standard".

However a quick look at one of your hubs which appears to be published shows writing such as;

"I'm Flying Radio Control Models since 90's ,we had AM radios back then ,i still remember my shiny Futaba Attack 4 and my high wing trainer with Osmax 40,building such plane from balsa was time consuming ,attaching a nitro engine in the front made us do amazing reinforcement ,no one indeed wanted the Engine running after him in the ground smile"

This is not good English! You need to read what you write out loud to see how it sounds and maybe try going on an English writing course. Best of luck with your hubs.

2. Msmillar profile image91
    Msmillarposted 9 years ago

Hi RCModels, LeanMan is 100% correct, "Read what you write out loud...".  Hubpages won't publish a hub if it's not written, at least, with some care in mind.  I know you can write better than that.  Your spelling is perfect and your story line is interesting.  Focus on punctuation and run-on sentences.  You can also copy what you've written and plug it into Google translate (English to English) and hear how it sounds when the narrator reads it. You'll be surprised at what your words sound like.
    Good Luck!

RCModelsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

By the way I like your profile background so much ,is it a Mustang  smile  ?

1. Msmillar profile image91
        Msmillarposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yes, but it's not any Mustang, it's my baby, lol. I got a darn good deal on it too!  It's fun to drive and of course I have the subs in the trunk!  Happy Hubbing!

3. RCModels profile image61

Thank you all for your support ,really appreciate your help .
    Have a nice day .

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

A lot of your problems will be resolved when you punctuated in a conventional way.

BEFORE
    Cause when using other kind of paints like the one used on painting cars ,it will destroy the foam and make it melt .,

AFTER
    Because when using other kind of paints like the ones used to paint cars, it will destroy the foam and make it melt.

Start each sentence with a capital letter, end with a period, have no space before the comma and one space after.

Otherwise your content looks pretty good.

Thank you ,that's the kind of instructions that i was looking for ,
      Appreciate your help.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image61
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

First word of sentence is always capitalized. Other words begin with small letters, as in "We Read Every day and some times". It should be, "We read every day and some times". When you say "i" - meaning yourself - you always capitalize it, "I". You always end your sentences with a period.

Thank you ,Your advice was a great help to me smile

6. RCModels profile image61

At last my hubs were published ,I want to thank every one helped me ,wish you all best of luck .

7. alkanarula profile image59
    alkanarulaposted 9 years ago

@RCModels  I am facing the similar prob, the first hub I published ,I got a notification saying "duplicate " where as it was mine , considering I had shared the same on my blog I unpublished it , today I created another hub but its pending approval....could you tell me pl the criteria one has to follow here ? thanx

1. Vineet Dubey profile image59

Don't worry 'pending approval' means your hub is being evaluated by staff members. The process normally takes 6-12 hours. Once approved, your hub will be published.

1. alkanarula profile image59
        alkanarulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh thanx @vineet Dubey

2. RCModels profile image61

Hello Alkanarula,, as Vineet said wait till the evaluation finished,if it was refused, try to follow the instructions in the previews replies, by the way,if you already published your hub here previously in your blog,I think you must delete it first and wait for 8 hours till the crawler identify the deletion process.

1. pujibagus profile image58
          pujibagusposted 9 years agoin reply to this

ok

2. alkanarula profile image59

Thank you Vineet , but it got published  and  and became the editor's pick...I am so very thrilled ...My very 1st hub !

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61
            The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean the Editors Choice?

Yooooo  bingo !!!

Congratulations!

I am sooo v thrilled after realising what it means !

It is amazing that you were picked on your first Hub. :-)

Tru tht @The Examiner , but tell me where can I most appear on the hub pages ??

The HubPages that I am familiar with is this link:

http://hubpages.com/feed/

You see this page when you sign in and see the daily stories on it. I leave that page open all of the time and I open the other pages next to that one.
                    If you accidentally close that page then go to the top of your present page and to the left it says "HubPages". Right click on that and re-open it in a separate tab.

Oh K thanx ...@The Examiner-1...I am so v happy I made some frndz here smile)

Can you please send me the link plz ??

1. pujibagus profile image58
                    pujibagusposted 9 years agoin reply to this

what u mean beib

I published a hub...I can reach it both through my profile and application page but I can only see my version Iwant to see how it appears to public and the location ...can u plzzzz help?/

2. Vineet Dubey profile image59

That's an extraordinary feat, congratulations. Your work is very original. I am looking forward to your upcoming hubs.

Thank you so much Vineet smile)

2. Angel198625 profile image86
      Angel198625posted 9 years ago

I only read the first one. Your sentence structure and grammar might need to improve a bit. Remember the capital letters as mentioned above, there are a few places missing comments, and also a few sentence fragments. I'm not trying to be mean, but sometimes articles are a little bit harder to read without proper use of the English language and proper grammar. If that's not your strongest suit, you could always hire someone to do it for you.

Thank you @Angel198625 for your inputs...I appreciate critics , and I totally agree with you that missing comments and framents make it ..difficult to read .. I believe I should add an audio to my hub that makes more sense ...tanx once again but I have a question to ask , you gave a critical review on my very first hub , but not one word of appreciation ,can I ask why so , is it that bad ?

3. Angel198625 profile image86
      Angel198625posted 9 years ago

No it isn't that bad. I think the content and photos are wonderful! The question asked what was wrong so I simply put what I thought might be wrong.

Thanx @Angek198625 your comment on my hub would be really appreciated.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)