My article didn't pass the quality assessment process

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)
  1. migo profile image58
    migoposted 16 months ago

Good Evening,

I published an article earlier and didn't pass the QAP, anybody can help me please to update it
    here is the link: https://hubpages.com/business/Top-11-E-commerce-Trends

2. Stephen Tomkinson profile image91
    Stephen Tomkinsonposted 16 months ago

We can't see the article so can't help.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 16 months ago

As Stephen says, the link you posted doesn't work.

There's one article on your profile. I glanced at it and the English is understandable but problematic.

There are words capitalized that shouldn't be and some badly constructed sentences. Punctuation is sometimes lacking.

It's not a good read generally because of the lack of flow.

1. migo profile image58
      migoposted 16 months agoin reply to this

can you please review my new article and give me recommendations how to write a better articles: https://discover.hubpages.com/business/ … rce-Trends

4. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 16 months ago

When HubPages told you that your article wasn't featured, they probably also told you about a way to post the article on the forum with a working link. You should look at the email from HubPages again.

5. Miebakagh57 profile image68
    Miebakagh57posted 16 months ago

The link you post is not helping us.

6. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 16 months ago

Sorry...the link says the page doesn't exist.

Did you delete it?

7. migo profile image58
    migoposted 16 months ago

Thanks you all for your response, I followed the link provided by Hubpages email and edited my article, I hope they accept it this time and I will share it with you when published for any positive suggestions, thanks again.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image68
      Miebakagh57posted 16 months agoin reply to this

Mingo, you're welcome. Hope it sails through. Otherwise, in a second assessment, I'll be positive in pointing out your drawbacks. Much thanks.

8. migo profile image58
    migoposted 16 months ago

Thanks you all for your response,

finally my article published here is the link:
    https://discover.hubpages.com/business/ … rce-Trends

any recommendation please so I can be a good writer.

9. Stephen Tomkinson profile image91
    Stephen Tomkinsonposted 16 months ago

Firstly, it's an interesting article that contains a lot of important information. There are one or two grammar errors that an app such as Grammarly would find and correct but nothing too serious.
    I wonder if you are trying to pack too much information into one article. I was a little overwhelmed by the end and feel that this could have been 9 separate articles - each backed with relevant YouTube videos and references.

1. migo profile image58

Thanks Mr Stephen for your time and your review and also for your tips that I am planning to apply in my coming articles.

10. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 16 months ago

I find it much more problematic than Stephen (see above).

There are lots of small errors, but also plenty of structural problems, such as a lack of punctuation and sentences being far too long.

Here's an example:

"in this article, we will discuss some of the top e-commerce trends for 2023, and how they have influenced the customer's purchasing decisions, and how you can take advantage of these trends, so if you are interested in the world of digital marketing and e-commerce follow me to get notified with every news about this rapidly developing world."

For sure, there's an issue straightaway with the "i" not being capitalized, but the entire paragraph is one long, unwieldy sentence.

That's just part of what makes the article overwhelming and difficult to read for me.

For sure, the English is comprehensible, but it requires a lot of work from a reader's perspective. You should be aiming to make things as easy as possible for the reader. Splitting paragraphs up into shorter sentences would be a good start.

1. migo profile image58

Thank you sir for your time and your recommendations to make my articles better, actually I am not a native English, I am from an Arab country but I am doing my best to expand my skills and get more experience and I will consider these tips for this article and coming ones.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
        PaulGoodman67posted 16 months agoin reply to this

For sure, your English is better than my (non-existent) Arabic. You'd likely be okay in a science exam, where it's mainly the content that counts. However, you have to worry about things like the flow and readability when writing articles online.

Your four-line paragraphs should generally consist of around three sentences, in my opinion. People read on smartphones nowadays and they like punchy sentences. They give up on long, unwieldy sentences.

Try using the free version of Grammarly. That won't solve all the issues, but it might help. Punctuation and structure can be hard in English, even for native speakers like myself.

1. migo profile image58

Okay, I will

11. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 16 months ago

You should remove the headers above the images.  In fact, the images are not necessary; one at the top of the page is sufficient. Those Freepic cartoons are not attractive and add nothing useful to your article.

1. migo profile image58

thanks for your timing and your recommendations, I will handle this

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)