Multiple hubs with different identities

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Army Infantry Mom profile image59
    Army Infantry Momposted 14 years ago

I was wondering if someone is allowed to register with hubpages more than once with seperate hub name ? Thanks

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

absolutely. Just have to use a different email acct

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image59
      Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you much for the quick answer,....

3. Late2class profile image61
    Late2classposted 14 years ago

Just curious, but why would you want seperate accounts?

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So people don't copy your topics/keywords. big_smile Unfortunately, it happens. That is why some hubbers, whose main focus is to earn money, use multiple accounts for their top earning hubs. That's what I do. I post hubs under this account that earn well when all combined together (because of quantity) but 5 of my 'girly_girl09' hubs could equal the earnings of one of my other account's hubs.

Also, some people prefer to write about different niches and have one account for each topic, instead of having them all mixed together.

1. Koby profile image60
        Kobyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now i'm going to have to do an investigation on girly_girls09's alternate personalit-I mean hub pages account.

2. profile image0
      Imthisgirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I assume most people, such as myself, use it in order to express things they may not be so quick to express under their more "well known" profiles

4. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Increase earnings n write in whole different area I think hmm

5. Dale Mazurek profile image64
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Right now I have 3 accounts and I know I will have at least one more.  It's actually smart hubbing if you are hubbing for money.

The thing is I keep all my hubs on a real life basis and don't fall into the category of spammy.

No matter what its important to keep your hubs real and of course learn SEO and keyword techniques and you will make money via HubPages

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I really don't worry about people stealing ideas. All hubs or websites aren't equally successful. They'd have to know who to copy, then they'd have to know which to copy. And for me they'd have to find all of the off site seo that I do.

Internet marketing changes on a dime (current Ebay situation is a good example.) What worked one day can be a flop the next.

I've been doing this for 10 years. All I know is that if you're copying other people you are probably well behind the curve.

1. Dale Mazurek profile image64
      Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is so true.  My partner and I never started making real money until we started thinking outside the box.  People have tried to copy us when they figure out what we do but we just make sure we keep one step ahead.

1. profile image0

There you go! I once ran a successful online handmade bath and beauty products business where I made all my own products from scratch and came up with creative names and labeling. Let me tell you, there are TONS of copycats in that industry. lol TONS. I always had to keep developing and coming up with new products on almost a weekly basis to keep things new and fresh.

I think that with almost anything in life, the more creative individuals succeed. I can't think of any exceptions to this.

2. LondonGirl profile image82
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you'll do even better if you can abandon cliches like "thinking outside the box", then!

2. profile image0

That is very true, Nelle. I once saw some articles that were suspiciously close to my topics on another hubber's account. They didn't copy or re-write my content, but it appeared as though they tried to write about the same topics. It's not wrong or infringement upon my rights, just super annoying. wink I write about random things, so to have a few hubs in a row on some of my various topics, after the person has joined my fan club, is sort of non-coincidental. But, the joke was on them as the topics they chose were some of my lower earners and they didn't even optimize them correctly for SEO.

Ultimately, I guess it doesn't really matter...but...it still bugs me! lol

7. profile image0

I know I'll write as many as 50 hubs in an experiment, just to see if I can make a format work. Then I change it up a bit.

Now I'm going to take a stab at just writing for adsense with very few products. That's going to take me a while to wrap my brain around. Been sitting here staring at the stars listening to Dave Brubeck, eating vodka ice cream with dark chocolate sauce, trying to get my creative juices flowing.

I was just revving up my ebay skills with hubs, but that's getting transferred to a personal website.

1. profile image0

VODKA ICE CREAM? I must try that, I know for certain I'd love it. Never heard of it until now. I'll have to google it.

As for writing hubs not based around products, I think that's definitely a good strategy...who knows what will happen? As you know, so much has happened in the last month with eBay and new tax legislation in various states. I never got approved by eBay (am thankful now). I feel so bad for people that spent a lot of time writing hubs for eBay. Hopefully, in your case, you'll ultimately end up earning more from transferring your 'for eBay' hubs to your own site.

I have tried to stick with the rule that I still must be able to earn from adsense as well as potentially earning from amazon with whatever keyword/product I use, but ultimately I find that I earn more from non-product hubs, anyways.

2. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Vodka ice cream? Hey, I want me some of that stuff! smile

8. profile image0

No No, no googling vodka ice cream. I have the perfect vodka ice cream recipe, I make my own. I'll email it to you. (Maybe I should turn that into a hub.)

1. profile image0

Awesome...thank you!!! You definitely should turn it into a hub...it'd stay on the 'Hot' list for months! big_smile

Ooooh...I'm also thinking that it'd be interesting to try it with flavored vodka. Maybe a berry flavor...I think I have some raspberry vodka that I will never finish otherwise...(I went through a phase where it was my favorite, but after discovering grey goose, I'll never go back! wink

9. profile image0

I think I will, the recipe comes from a famous litle ice cream shack on Cape Cod called the Four Seas. I've been meaning to write more travel hubs, so I think I'll combine the recipe with a hub about Cape Cod Ice Cream Shops. But I'll email it to you tomorrow anyways.

10. profile image0

Oh my where have we taken this topic. Well it's 1 am and it's time to go to sleep. Night all.

1. profile image0

Have a good night! That sounds like a fun hub idea...look forward to reading it. big_smile

11. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Vodka ice cream does sound intriguing. Hub, please, Nelle!
    Good night Girly_Girl (and whoever your alter ego is:-)
    Good night Hub Pages!
    Mighty Mom

12. Pete Maida profile image62
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I just don't see the point in playing all those games.  I'm not very savvy about these things so maybe that's how you make money, I don't know.  I just write stuff and put it on.

13. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I agree Pete.  Just one account is more than enough for me and even then I struggle to maintain it properly!

14. NYMiskovic profile image59
    NYMiskovicposted 14 years ago

I agree with Pete and Cindy! One account is enough and although I would like to make money here, I'm not putting my heart into it.  I have other sites I use to make money...ones that actually pay per article I write.  It's easier and guarantees more money.   

I'm here because it is fun and I can write about whatever I want.

1. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No it just guarantees you quick payment as you are working as a gun for hire - I prefer to build a business -so that at the end of the day  I will still make money whether or not  I work

15. Andrew Tech profile image60
    Andrew Techposted 14 years ago

This is interesting, I've been thinking about it more and more lately. When I read someone's hub more often than not I'll check out what else they've written about. It's funny, sometimes you might read a great hub about SEO or whatever then you check their other hubs and they've written about weight loss pills, depression and new gardening tools!

Maybe it's just me but I can see benefits for both sides. Yes, hiding your niches may well be a great idea because if you're a gardener or not I want to believe you and not see you as a jack of all trades?

But then on the other hand, many people have multiple website and blogs already and having all your hubs in one account makes for easy house keeping if you are busy with other web presences.

I'm divided, just started here and loving it but unsure whether to start another account to write about other ideas or stick with the one. I also do not run a blog at the moment and that is another thing I'm wanting to get up and running but then I fear that I'll be taking on too much.

I guess it depends if you are using hubpages to try and make money or just to develop your writing. But as I keep hearing it's best not to keep all your eggs in the same basket. This may be true for multiple hubpages accounts as well as your OWN blogs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)