Amazon Earnings Can I See Items Clicked, but not Bought

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. CatherineGiordano profile image76
    CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years ago

I got my first amazon earnings from hubpages today. Only a couple of dollars, but nice to see it was working. It answered a question I had --do I earn only for the product clicked on or for anything the person who clicks buys after clicking. It is apparently the latter which is how it works on my persona AA account on my blogs. The items purchased are not items I have posted in my hubs.

Here's my question. Is there a way to see what was clicked? On my blogs, I can see a list of clicks with no orders as well as a list of items ordered. So I can get an idea of which items are getting clicked even if no sale.

CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This question just occurred to me. With my own amazon affiliate account, I don't earn when I purchase stuff for myself.  How does it work with HubPages? Technically, the sale comes from HubPages and not me. Or what if I use someone else's account--will they get credit for the sale?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image62
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

We earn from sales not clicks.   Go to my account-Click on earnings-You will see Hub pages Earnings Program settings.  Click on Amazon program reports and it shows earnings and number of clicks.  We do not know which hub the sale was made from.

I know that we only earn on sales, but it is useful to know what people are clicking on. A click gets them to amazon' site, but then I can earn on whatever they buy even if it is not what they clicked on.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image62

That information is not provided to us on Hub Pages.    If you use your own Amazon Associates account, you can get the information from your reports pages.  However, those reports are only for your personal Amazon Associate account.

Thanks Linda. I thought that was the answer, but I decided to ask just in case I had missed something.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image62

Catherine: Paul Edomonson posted something about HP is considering a way for us to know which hub our sales were made from, but that is not a definite.

Linda : Good to know.  And I confess, sometimes I post questions hoping for that exact outcome.  I know staff reads some of them and this is how I get their attention.  So if anyone else would like to know what amazon items get clicks, reply here.

2. jodijoyous profile image59
      jodijoyousposted 9 years agoin reply to this

He said they're working on it (it will happen), which will be great!

1. profile image0
        Jason Sositkoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, this is indeed great news. That info is very useful to say the least.

5. profile image0
    julieannbradyposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Jodi on that quick sale! I'm waiting for my first. However, might I say that I surely would want to know which hub made that sale. I guess you and I got spoiled by having the daily posting of sales on our lenses where we would see it post to our activity stream and then be able to see the detail in the stats for each lens. Since we know that often the Amazon bought item is random, I'd surely want to know which hub produced that random sale.

1. jodijoyous profile image59

Yes, I hope they get the per hub stats working soon!

Don't be jealous. The first sales were very, very, very, very small. Blast those low, low, low, low price book sellers!

Got a couple of good ones from my own links though.

6. profile image0
    julieannbradyposted 9 years ago

Jodi, well every little cent adds up to make a lot of sense down the road! wink Say, an aside ... I can't figure out the proper etiquette of this forum to get my reply to be indented under the person I am replying to ... when I try to do that, it says it is importing the entire post of theirs and I can edit it? I'm confused!!

Hoping to get my first Amazon sale soon ... I'll bet it won't be a book!

1. jodijoyous profile image59

Not in this case! sad

7. LindaSmith1 profile image62

We do not place orders for ourselves from our hubs!!!

8. Glenda Motsavage profile image70
    Glenda Motsavageposted 9 years ago

@jodijoyous  Thanks for helping me understand how the Amazon sales work here on HP!  For several weeks now I've had the same questions that you posed.  Happy to hear we get the sales from any random product they buy (whether on our Hub or not!).  I, too, would love to know which Hub and specifically which Amazon item was clicked on!  It helps to know what is working and what is not.  As @julieannbrady has eluded, we've become accustomed to having this information in our 'Activity' stream and also in our 'Stats' on Squidoo!  Thanks for posting this... and congrats on the sale!

9. Knightmare Golem profile image86
    Knightmare Golemposted 9 years ago

Although you can't see which ad was clicked from which hub, I found it useful to look at the 'Amazon Sales Report' tab under the Earnings tab, which is different from the Amazon Earnings Report mentioned earlier.  I have quite a few different ads scattered throughout my hubs, and if I see one specific item being purchased I can sometimes pinpoint where it came from.  Although if you used keywords rather then a specific product that might get a little bit harder.

I did that. It tells me what was bought. Since the items bought were not ones I advertised, it doesn't help.  It's probably not that important, I'd just like to know. If I had a lot of sales, it would be good to know what hub(s) they came from so I could promote those hubs more.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)