Three Published Hubs!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. emi sue profile image91
    emi sueposted 9 years ago

They are not as high quality as I would like, but I have better quality hubs pending.  I know it's not a very big accomplishment, but I'm so thrilled and just wanted to shout out and say that this new hubber is slowly-but-surely getting somewhere.  Thank You everyone who has given me feedback, and I'd like to welcome everyone to check me out and give me any tips, advice, constructive criticism that you have to offer, and I would love to explore your hub as well. I click twice!  Thanks in advance.

1. MarieLB profile image75
      MarieLBposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Goodonya #emi sue, as we say here downunder. 

I am glad you decided to share with us, and I hope we will be sharing more and more successes.  I'm new too so I know very well how it feels!

MarieLB

emi sueposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your encouragement.  Good Luck to you!

2. Organised Kaos profile image88
      Organised Kaosposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hey Emi,

Good to see you increasing so quickly and getting some hubs out there. They are certainly a good start, but really need some more content. (I know, me saying the same thing again!)

Say for example your Jack-o-lantern hub, you could make a text box on the pumpkin itself. What kind to get, where to get them, when to get them, how much you might expect to pay, what is the best knife to use when carving, tips on carving etc.

The introductory paragraph needs a bit more description - how easy it is to make.

You could also make a text box on how to illuminate the pumpkin, what candle to use (or whatever it is you put in there, I am in AUS and we don't really do Halloween - bummer hmm) how tall the candle needs to be to not go out, or how far away from the inside of the pumpkin, what do you sit the candle on in the pumpkin, how do you make the lid part,

Maybe you could tell us why you love Halloween, why you love the lantern, maybe some basic history on the jack o lantern, how it came to be made in a pumpkin, what you've made. If you have done one or plan to do one, take pics as you go so you can show it in stages.

I also don't understand the reference to 5 designs - maybe you could number them and name them and also put in a brief description.

Try to use a new text box for every new topic and send some of those boxes to the right and shade them to make them pop out a little more.

You could also give a bit of a product review on your sales boxes (amazon/ebay) really helps to lift the sales.

Phew, now I quickly typed this out as the ideas flowed, so my apologies for poor grammar and spelling. You are most welcome to use any suggestions to plump out your hub - cause at this point, you are at risk of being over promotional as you have 4 affiliate boxes to not a lot of words.

Hope this helps, I love where you're going with this and even though I am not an expert, I am happy to give any help I have. Currently doing OK with hubpages and getting paid an average of (secret) a month all up - so I am happy to share any of my tips with you smile

I have only been here a few weeks, but I have said this before, and I will have to say it again.

There are some real super people here.  How wonderful to see that #Organised Kaos has taken the trouble to give #emi sue a full critique and specific pointers on how to improve.

Goodonya #Organised Kaos [and you will surely understand the Aussie ling!!LOL!!]

That is great to see and #emi sue, go for it.  You'll soon be over the 5 featured hubs, you'll see.

Cheers. .

1. Organised Kaos profile image88

Hey Marie,

Thanks for your kind words, I hope it wasn't too much - but I know how hard it is to get a good hub going! lol

Love your Aussie slang, so nice to see a few of us on here on hubpages now - we're getting quite a collective smile

Good luck too, hope all goes well for you also and always here for a fellow Aussie smile

2. emi sue profile image91

Really, really love all these tips.  Thank you so much for taking the time to make all these great suggestions!  How did I not think of those.
        I am hosting a birthday party today, but I am definitely gonna use your tips and apply them to my other hubs as well.  Thank You So much!

3. galleryofgrace profile image70
      galleryofgraceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

emi sue

If by your comment "I click twice" you mean clicking on other writers hubs. Clicks from other hubbers means nothing!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

organised:   Disclosing earnings is a TOS violation

1. Organised Kaos profile image88

Thanks Linda, for your quick response, I can see through the history of some of the threads over the years you're all over making sure this TOS is kept. Great work.

I have altered my message, but as I only gave an average and the description of "all up' which means more than just Hubpages I don't believe I have breached anything. Being a law student, I believe this is fine, but have made amendments regardless.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago
    1. I Ramjohn profile image79
      I Ramjohnposted 9 years ago

Thanks LindaSmith - I had no idea that it was a TOS violation. I've actually seen a Hub that documented the user's month-by-month earnings. If I'd known it was a violation I would have dropped them a note.

2. Justin Frye profile image72
      Justin Fryeposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!  I am also a new hubber and have 4 hubs published.  Working on my 5th now!

3. emi sue profile image91
      emi sueposted 9 years ago

I read a hub the other day suggesting that we at least click twice when reading other hubs.  Meaning rating the hub useful real quick, posting a comment, or being involved in a poll.  Just something like that is what I meant. smile

Hi #emi sue, I know that comments, rating etc. . . is tabulated in the stats, but I have not met the business about clicking anywhere.

I am assuming you are referring to clicking on someone else's hubs?

yes mam. I just mean if you are willing to help give me some feedback no matter which form it may be - I will be sure to return the favor. haha.  That's all. sorry that was confusing though!

4. NoelSphinx profile image78
      NoelSphinxposted 9 years ago

7 more and you can apply for google adsense. Great job!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)