the number beside my name

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Jo Harley profile image60
    Jo Harleyposted 9 years ago

I'm new to hub pages and I notice the number tends to go up and down. What can I do to keep it going up? Please no long-winded answers. Keep them simple and short. Thanks

1. Maffew James profile image94
      Maffew Jamesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't worry about it because it's irrelevant to your success. Focus on the traffic and money and you'll be happy.

As far as increasing your score goes, it goes up as you write more hubs, comment, post in the forums, and increase the individual score of each of your hubs. The closer your hubs are to what Hubpages considers a 'stellar hub', the better that hub will score, and the better your overall score will be. Feedback and upvotes will also increase it.

The most dominant force shifting your score seems to be traffic though. Publish enough hubs, and get your traffic up high enough and your score will reach the high 90s within a month or two. You'll also notice that as traffic grows to an individual hub, that hub's score gradually moves up because of the traffic too. More traffic also means more feedback, comments, upvotes, and followers, all influencing your score.

2. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image90
    Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 9 years ago

That number is your hubber score. HP doesn't give the formula out for how it changes. Generally, creating quality hubs, answering questions, posting comments, and otherwise being active in the HP community helps the score. But it's really hard to tell what exactly will help.

A lot of people don't think the hubber score is particularly important.

Jo Harleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Okay. makes sense. Thank-you

I particularly like a personal challenge just for me so if you see mine go up I'm obviously successful at my own challenge smilesmilesmile

3. profile image0
    John Messinghamposted 9 years ago

I will need to get more active on here and see if I can increase mine.

I'm looking forward to reading your stories John Messingham smilesmilesmile

4. Nick DeGeorge profile image62
    Nick DeGeorgeposted 9 years ago

I am tired of hubpages and it's inability to keep their own website functioning but the absurd ratings which drop when you are productive.

I had a 90 hubber score and produced a two part article on ww 2 and now my score has dropped ten percent and below this magic 84 level. Should I not make new hubs ? when I think of the hours I put into articles and to watch them drop my rating why should I publish at all.

I saw one person who said it took him a year to make $1500 with 100k page views.  It is worth it?  Hubpages appears more about can do articles and recipes than writing.  I think having your own website is a better way I can forgo the 1.98 I made after a month.

Time to look elsewhere I want to be an author not a "how to" monkey.,.very frustrated .

Oh and if this hubber score is not important why is there champagne and Ice cream flowing about some person reaching 100!

LOL! I like the humor, and you present an excellent point.

As for me...I created this account so I could 'practice' writing. So for me the money I earn isn't my main focal point. I'm working towards author as well, but I want practice first so I can find my 'sweet spot'.

If those numbers aren't of utmost value and more about how much traffic my posts receive I'll just put it on the 'interesting let's see where this is going to go' shelf.

I appreciate all the interesting posts to my question!

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

$1500 in a year is actually a stunning achievement.  The whole idea of HubPages is passive income over the long haul, and the expectation is not that you're going to make thousands from one Hub.  The idea is that you could write that article and sell it for (say) $30, or you can put it on HubPages and earn $30 a year for many years. My best performing article has earned around $400 for me over the last six years and I'm  happy with that.

5. Jo Harley profile image60
    Jo Harleyposted 9 years ago

AWESOME answer:) that's actually the info I was looking for:) You made my day:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)