I reached my first payout!

Jump to Last Post 1-46 of 46 discussions (58 posts)
  1. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

hi. I was so happy last night after posting in a thread and noticed my score of 100 so I went to check google ad sense to see if I had reached my goal of making it to $100. by Aug. 31-- and I did!  and I reached my Aug. goal with Amazon.

I looked at the ad sense report closely to see which hubs performed the best, and found that out of 42 hubs, the bulk of $ was made on 15 hubs. it sure helps to see what works.
    thanks to all of the great hubbers here who help and inspire us to reach our goals.

smile

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thats wonderful..congrats...

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Ms Rebekahelle, your hubs are very refreshing, "healthy" and children friendly! More adsense for you!

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hooray! congratulations. hopefully, this is only the first of many more to come. smile

4. theherbivorehippi profile image66
      theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yay!  Congrats!  Once you get past the first one....they come quick!

5. jacobkuttyta profile image43
      jacobkuttytaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations....

I had my pay out  last month.

6. newjerusalem profile image69
      newjerusalemposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Great! Congratulations on your successful Pay out. Continue the good work.

7. ubrish profile image58
      ubrishposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi! I am new here,joined HP two weeks ago and don't know about pay and how I can earn from my hubs.I have wrote 10 hubs and 7 have featured .Can anybody tell me how much I can earn from my hubs.I want to know payment methods in detail.please help me

2. ross670daw profile image59
    ross670dawposted 13 years ago

Congratulations rebekahELLE, well done.

3. Dobson profile image76
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

Awesome!! I hope your success comes faster next month and fister each one following!

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Great work, Rebekah - your efforts are paying off.  May there be many more to come! smile

5. rebekahELLE profile image85

thanks. smile  sometimes we think it's never going to happen and then it does.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You done good-- took me 18 months. Next one came in nine, and the next one is within view. From what I've seen, this is typical.

6. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

I think that really is great that you reached your first Adsense payout with only 42 Hubs. You must have done a great job in promoting them.

7. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Congratulations rebekah! Though a pay check is a poor measure of just how amazing you are as a  hubber, I am so happy for you . I wonder how you plan to spend it, if at all. In any case, I hope you enjoy every moment of it... smile

1. charanjeet kaur profile image60
      charanjeet kaurposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Arent you a gem MOW? I know you will love me despite my slow earnings lol.  Rebekahelle Congrats on your first adsense. the others will be a lot faster than you expect. Cheers for many more.

8. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 13 years ago

Congrats! I finally passed the $20 mark. Not bad for over a year. I do need to start writing more though, that would help! I notice the majority of my views come from 2 hubs. I think I need to figure out some more recipes! HA!

9. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Congrats, Rebekah!

I noticed I reached my first payout about a week ago. Took me a little longer, but I wasn't actually focused on the money side.

I think you've got some real momentum going now!

10. Twins Mum profile image60
    Twins Mumposted 13 years ago

Well done, most of us have got a long way to go to get there.  I noticed that a lot of people have you amongst their favorite hubber so I'm going to follow you too.  Congratulations!

11. EatLovePray profile image59
    EatLovePrayposted 13 years ago

Congrats! I'm really inspired by writers like you.. smile

12. rebekahELLE profile image85

thanks everyone!  smile and congrats Daniel.

you know when I first started, it wasn't for the money aspect. I saw the HP ad on Facebook for writers and once I saw the site, I fell in love with it. I loved that we could write about anything so I've tried to focus on what I know and topics that are evergreen.

MOW, no celebrating, it will simply go into my account. maybe a nice bottle of chateau st. michelle.

13. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

I'm proud of you, Rebekah.  Congrats!

I've got a few more months, in all probability, until I reach this milestone.

14. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Rebekah,

I have already done it, but since you have a thread for it, then I'll do it again.

Congratulations! smile big_smile

15. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Rebekah!!! I reached my first pay-out Aug. 1st. Would have been July but was 1 penny short. lol (99.99)  And in the last month close to half way to another pay-out.
    I have heard pay-out gets better after the first one from other Hubbers and I know I am seeing that to be working.
    Keep up the good work!

16. K Kiss profile image57
    K Kissposted 13 years ago

Congrats!! I reached my first $100 on google adsense on August 15th... big_smile

17. Gypsy48 profile image76
    Gypsy48posted 13 years ago

Congrats! Well done.

18. rebekahELLE profile image85

thanks guys and gals.

michael, I can't believe you were one penny off! funny how a one cent click can mean so much! big_smile

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I know! I saw that and was like "Really?!?!?!", but...at least I made the pay-out.

19. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

congrats to you...

20. Smart Rookie profile image60
    Smart Rookieposted 13 years ago

That's so awesome. Congratulations.

21. rebekahELLE profile image85

it's funny actually that we can get excited about clicks. big_smile

thanks hubbers. you're very encouraging.

22. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Congrats rebekahElle. smile

23. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!  That is such a wonderful accomplishment.  I wish you the best in reaching that next payout much quicker.

24. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Yay! Congrats. Glad to see your reaching your goals. Doesn't it feel good? Your success gives us all a reason to keep trying.  Good luck on your continued success.

25. Ladybird33 profile image68
    Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

Congrats!!! I am very happy and yes, that first pay out is such an awesome feeling!!! I totally get it.  Be proud!

26. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Way to go, Rebekah!  The first one is the most exciting! The second one is cool too!  Well actually, they all are good!

27. rebekahELLE profile image85

thanks hubbers. smile it is exciting to see those triple figures.
    I think I'm more excited that I met my goals. it's nice to see little things that work that end up making a difference.

28. Mama Sez profile image64
    Mama Sezposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Rebekah!!!

I'm giving myself few more months to taste the joy you are experiencing right now...need to publish few more hubs smile

29. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Congrads to you! I'm sure the next one will come more quickly. Now you can see what types of hubs get the most clicks and try to repeat them. smile

30. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Rebekah - I got my first payment at the end of May and my next one is coming through now, so it does speed up and I am sure that your next payout will come along very quickly! Awesome job!

31. profile image0
    devsirposted 13 years ago

Congrats!!! for your first payout. Wishing you an enjoyable time. Celebrate your achievement. Take rest, celebrate and enjoy and again start off!!!

32. evvy_09 profile image59
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

Congrats!

33. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Congratulations rebekah smile

34. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

well done Rebekah smile

35. rebekahELLE profile image85

thanks, thanks, thanks everyone. hubbers are the best. big_smile

congrats to you jacobkuttya!

36. JulieBMack profile image59
    JulieBMackposted 13 years ago

That is exciting!  How do you know which Hubs earned $$?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just go into google adSense and go straight into google analytics. you have to set the dates you want to check then click Content. it gives you the content overview page, then click on AdSense and it brings up your overview. you can see the full reports for all your hubs and your top adsense referring sites. click view full report.

thanks. smile

1. JulieBMack profile image59
        JulieBMackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  I did not know how to do that!

37. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

That is good news...Congratulations and now you can be really excited to see deposits in your bank account... smile

38. RanCrosby profile image59
    RanCrosbyposted 13 years ago

Congratulations ...keep up the good work

39. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

congrats...wishing you all the best (and me to - smile)

40. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Good Stuff Rebekah... Very pleased for you smile

41. Cheeky Kid profile image97
    Cheeky Kidposted 9 years ago

Wow. Congratulations! Are you using hubpages ad program or just plain Google adsense?

42. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago
  43. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 9 years ago

?  This is a four year old thread.  While I appreciate the new congrats, these threads shouldn't be revived.  The HP Earnings Program wasn't in place at that time, so it may confuse new hubbers.  Let's let it sink back into the depths of old threads.  smile
    @LindaSmith, thanks for sharing the link to the LC.

44. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I wish HP would clean their house, and get rid of the old information, old forums etc, which will get rid of a lot of misinformation.

45. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 9 years ago

Congratulations!  It used to be so much easier to earn with Google Adsense, but now the money just trickles in and it really is a landmark when you get a payment!  I speak from experience. smile

46. Jody Haskins profile image60
    Jody Haskinsposted 9 years ago

Congratulations.  I can not wait to get there myself.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)